BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

RDM: Magic Accuracy vs Enfeebling Skill

Ok, I'm a little newer at RDM but I've gotten myself some decent gear and I was wondering what would benefit me the most given my other gear

Yes I did try to use the search function and I couldn't find the answer to my question in particular

Enfeebling Gear Set
    Main: HQ Staff of Spell (Have all 8.)
    Sub: Raptor or Bugard Strap +1 depending by spell (No inventory to get grips)
    Ammo: Phantom Tathlum
    Head: Duelist's Chapeau
    Neck: Enfeebling Torque
    Earrings: Phantom Earring x2 or Geist Earring x2
    Body: Warlock's Tabard
    Hands: Marine M Gloves
    Rings: Sapphire or Diamond Ring + Insect Ring
    Cape: Rainbow Cape
    Belt: Penitent's Rope
    Legs: Errant Slops
    Feet: Custom M Boots or Errant Pigaches

Planned Upgrades
    Hands - I do plan on getting Goliard Cuffs when they actually drop
    Legs - I wanted to upgrade these, Would people suggest Jet or Mahatma?
    Rings - Don't do einherjar so no Omega ring, Planning on getting Snow/Communion
    Feet - This is the one I want the most advice on, given the already 321 enfeebling skill (4 merits) from the above gear, would it be better for my enfeebling set to go with the Avocat Pigaches? Or would the Goliard feet be better?

Any advice would be much appreciated~ ^^;

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

In no special order:

Goliard feet for just about everything, mahatma feet for a mnd enfeeb upgrade.

Mahatma legs > jets, and on some servers mahatma is cheaper too.

Devotee's Mitts are dirt cheap and have +5 mnd. Goliard gloves for macc based enfeebs like silence/sleep/etc.

Second MND ring.

Prism Cape, the enfeeble skill and elemental skill capes from sea, intensifying cape for convert. Goliard body for convert, too.

Promise badge for MND enfeebs (chapeau + hq staff is plenty of skill/macc for para/slow on almost anything).

Probably left a couple things out, but those should all help you.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

OK, thank you very much ^^

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

For Para/Slow typically I use Duelist's Chapeau as my only skill gear (plus merits), and usually the matching staff for accuracy. This should land on 1-2 casts for almost any mobs which are enfeeble-able.

For Sleep or Bind, you want max skill (and where you can't get skill, use m.acc). Skill is what determines whether or not you get a full duration sleep.

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer View Post
    For Sleep or Bind, you want max skill (and where you can't get skill, use m.acc). Skill is what determines whether or not you get a full duration sleep.
    The only unsettled matter is if INT affects duration as well! My motto is to toss on INT where you can't get skill/m.acc; sure can't hurt, right?

They're coming to take me away. Ha Ha!
    BG Level

99% of the time, I use full MND(+63 atm) + HQ Staff for Slow/Para. Any mobs where you absolutely NEED to land that slow/para first time or fail, you'll be /BLM using ES for it anyway (and so, still using full MND set). With 8/8 Enfeebling merits, I VERY rarely get resisted with 0 added skill and full MND on any non HNM mobs.

It's purely anecdotal, but I really don't see any better land rate with Enfeeb gear over full MND gear on really resistant stuff (Dark Ixion and Sky Gods, most notably). I wonder if perhaps MND gives some M.ACC to WHM Enfeebles similar to how INT gives M.ACC on nukes, or maybe those types of mobs just have a fixed resistance regardless of skill (Like BRD/WHMs silencing Kirin...).

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Auspice View Post
    The only unsettled matter is if INT affects duration as well! My motto is to toss on INT where you can't get skill/m.acc; sure can't hurt, right?
    Did some testing of BLM vs RDM sleeping on my first ever Jorm kill (9 hours of sleeping bombs, don't ask). Even with much more INT than me at the time, the BLMs resisted quite a bit and I never saw one.

It's an INT spell so in the abscence of anything else I'm sure INT is the right call but I think the effect is negligable.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvrdragon View Post
    99% of the time, I use full MND(+63 atm) + HQ Staff for Slow/Para. Any mobs where you absolutely NEED to land that slow/para first time or fail, you'll be /BLM using ES for it anyway (and so, still using full MND set). With 8/8 Enfeebling merits, I VERY rarely get resisted with 0 added skill and full MND on any non HNM mobs.

It's purely anecdotal, but I really don't see any better land rate with Enfeeb gear over full MND gear on really resistant stuff (Dark Ixion and Sky Gods, most notably). I wonder if perhaps MND gives some M.ACC to WHM Enfeebles similar to how INT gives M.ACC on nukes, or maybe those types of mobs just have a fixed resistance regardless of skill (Like BRD/WHMs silencing Kirin...).
    Well back in the day I used RDM/NIN in sky with dual HQ mythics and did very well. I agree skill is next to worthless on certain mobs like sky gods.

Failed Sex Ed
    BG Level

Did you guys miss the info where if you're under a certain land rate that stats become superior to skill and macc? As in capping MND in place of any skill or macc will have better results in landing silence on suzaku.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

This begs the question as to what does RDM have access to to even try a MACC build over say skill and MND? very few peices grant MACC most obvious the cobra unit gear which really isn't a good idea to use for most rdms since there are way better gear choices, only things i see are Ixion cloak and Omega ring. i didn't bother to check shadow gear tho, but again..which you use a shadow cloak over AF1 body..

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Morrigans gear, Goliard gear, Wise gear, straps.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Morrigans has obvious other features that benfit them in addtion to magic accuracy lol, goliard same, but aside the feet, the othe peices are for convert and curing you wouldn't nuke in them or enfeeble for example (maybe hat for MND) wise well...no comment there, i guess i did overlook those.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

As of now the only M.Acc I use if M.Cuffs in my Bind/Gravity macro. Always had a hard time debating wether to use +5 or +6 INT gloves or these but decided to settle with the M.Acc.

If you use standard macros, make a few sets with varying amounts of m.acc and get used to what you need for XXX mob. Duelist's Chapeau and HQ staffs are nice, but if you won't get resisted with Mythic Wand+1/Muse Tariqah then you're gimping yourself by using them. Likewise, it's silly to go full MND if you're going to have to cast 5-6 times to stick it.. so make a few varied macros or a few spellcast groups and mess with them until you get resist rates you like. I generally aim for 50-60% minimum stick rate, if the mob lasts long enough for my slow to matter then it's worth the second cast for potency.

Failed Sex Ed
    BG Level

the same test showed macc=skill X_x lodeguy or something

and if you're under a certain(was it 50%?) land rate then mnd will work 2x better than skill or macc, thus increasing your potency, and increasing your acc the same as double the amount of skill/macc @_@; Need a maat cap!

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by shaddix View Post
    and if you're under a certain(was it 50%?) land rate then mnd will work 2x better than skill or macc, thus increasing your potency, and increasing your acc the same as double the amount of skill/macc @_@; Need a maat cap!
    Was that with the same test that showed skill=m.acc? I can't believe I'd miss something like that; I've been a diehard Mistilteinn/Muse Tariqah user forever and it seems nobody else in my LS bothers with a solid MND build. :/

Details from Kaeko's blog

4) +1 INT is equivalent to +1 MACC when the difference between the caster's and target's INT is at or below +10. +1 INT is equivalent to +0.5 MACC when the difference is above +10. It is currently unknown if there is another "tier".

This is meant in the context of spells that are based on an INT to INT check, which is true for say Elemental Magic. Other moves like Paralyze rely on a MND to MND check. Even still more complex, the stats of the mob and player don't always have to be the same. Certain Weapon Skills such as COR's Leaden Salute are based on an INT to AGI check. It depends on the individual move in question, but the general concept is likely to be the same.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Did you guys miss the info where if you're under a certain land rate that stats become superior to skill and macc? As in capping MND in place of any skill or macc will have better results in landing silence on suzaku.
    You're at the accuracy floor no matter what skill/MagAcc gear you use to cast silence on Suzaku, so nothing is going to help you land. It's why a BLM has the same chance of landing enfeebles in general on Gods...

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

No, this is why I posted that I rolled with a full MND build in sky (along with others who posted the same thing) ?

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Orochi Lede View Post
    Morrigans has obvious other features that benfit them in addtion to magic accuracy lol, goliard same, but aside the feet, the othe peices are for convert and curing you wouldn't nuke in them or enfeeble for example (maybe hat for MND) wise well...no comment there, i guess i did overlook those.
    RDM was the first job with good access to such gear, which seems to imply it was supposed to help enfeebles. I tested the crap out of Wise gear at it's release and I liked the performance but only behind skill gear. It's nice for dark magic but of course more recent gears have added more than just m.acc as a primary stat.