Closed Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level

So what you're telling me is, it's their fault for taking what's acceptable in spam to places where it may or may not be. And then people complain when other people are sent to their rooms? Come on now.

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

Lemme point out the obvious: This rule didn't get created because charismatic and mizango were the only 2 using it...

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Anyways, it's 3:30 AM. I'm going to bed now, not gonna come back and discuss it any further, I just felt that because I asked it to be added to the banned list, I should at least explain why. If you honestly think that supporters of the ban are 'making a big deal about it', you should probably re-examine the 4 page QQ thread directed at me for simply submitting the request. Stop being such colossal crybabies over an overused unfunny meme getting banned, or don't.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Lemme point out the obvious: This rule didn't get created because charismatic and mizango were the only 2 using it...
    So?

I saw someone argue a police officer pulling people over earlier. Lots of people speed, sometimes only a few people get pulled over. Does that make the original offense any less viable for police action? No. Again, it's playing with fire. Everyone knows random (or not so random) selection happens in these cases. Is it fair? No, but that has nothing to do with what I'm trying to argue.

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

So?
    So when you understand why that's obvious you'll come to realize why you're being responded to as if you're just spouting catch phrases.

Everyone knows random (or not so random) selection happens in these cases.
    Would you say the selection is only natural?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ryko View Post
    Would you say the selection is only natural?
    Oh snap.

I admit, this made me smirk.

Edit: Thanks for the entertainment doodles. Sleep time.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

Let me just touch on a previous point I made. How many times do you see people go "^", or "lmao", or "this" ? All that shit is just +1 posting and there's a million examples of it in general. That shit is just as annoying to me, as Darwinism was to you I'm sure. It falls under the already established rules and is never enforced.

It's really sad that we've come to banning for words that annoy some small percent of the forums. There would be so much shit gone if I could make things I thought were annoying bannable too; however I realize it takes many kinds to make the world go round, what's funny to me, may not be funny to you, and vice versa. I read something annoying and I move on or call them out on it, but I don't go crying about how I don't want to read that specific word anymore.

I think it's time for some of these high horse General posters to take a real look in the mirror and really read some of the posting going on before you try to argue that general is some miracle land for advanced discussion of current topics where "spam" posts never happen. To be quite honest I don't think any of you want it to be that, (Random Image, FoD), but you try to argue like it is.

There are rules that make sense, and there are rules that don't, in my opinion this one makes very little. I can't find one thread that this "killed" and I promise you that if a one word post "kills a thread" it was going no where to begin with. Also, every time I've ever seen the word used in General, it was used in a joke context that actually made sense with the thread.

Day. Out.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Internet White Knight.

Protecting your forums values.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa View Post
    talk to the mods, they asked for this one
    <TheBlackrose> I believe it was one or two mods who asked for Darwinism to get hammered, not the entire staff. But gg there.

what a surprise, Sonomaa bending the truth

Oh, did you send out those prizes yet? I know at least one t-shirt winner is still waiting

Gunitsoldier

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    The very first post in the "Final Destination is Real Life" or whatever the thread was titled was a Darwinism post although it's been deleted now.
    Guilty /

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

more mods asked for it, not on the forums however, AIM is this thing where people talk to each other

yes, the box was discovered wednesday of last week, have things enveloped up and will be shipping them out within the week

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Funny that the mods were supposedly asking for it yet none of the ones who were have balls enough to admit that, only things I've been hearing lately from any of the mods who aren't on some secrecy shit is that they weren't for it... I just don't know.

It's not like you have a track record of telling the whole truth or just not blatantly lying so I don't think your word holds much weight.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

like I said before, you can leave if you dont like it. people asked, more than just mods, so I said go ahead.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

It's their forum, and therefore their rules. Are most rules fair or justified? Probably. Do I care enough about them to get a sandy vagina? Nope.

Also:

http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/6623/lawl.gif
    Your tears, they are the sweetest ambrosia.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

I rewrote the rule and clarified it for some people, probably will make people hate me and the forums just as much, but they can leave.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I rewrote the rule and clarified it for some people, probably will make people hate me and the forums just as much, but they can leave.
    I don't blame them though. I mean, forums having rules? What is this shit.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Semantics.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Actually no, do you really not understand the fact that the reason why people are mad is because you didn't do that in the first place?
    It's honestly not that hard to understand and it's been said about as plainly as possible about 20 times so far.

It's a good start, now just do it for all rules and infractions that mods can hand out and we won't have these problems anymore.
    I have suggested this to you before, but of course you didn't listen then so I doubt you will now.

But here it is out in the open for all to see this time.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    Actually no, do you really not understand the fact that the reason why people are mad is because you didn't do that in the first place?
    It's honestly not that hard to understand and it's been said about as plainly as possible about 20 times so far.
    Well it's there now. Enjoy.

Closed Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast