Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Announcing the Moggy New Year Bonanza! (11-24-2009)

Mog Bonanza, the Stuff of Adventurer Dreams

Ever wonder what it would be like to bathe in a pool of gil or bask in the attention of your peers as you strut through town square with a kraken club-caliber weapon swaying at your hip? If your answer is yes, then the Mog Bonanza is not an event you can afford to miss!

The third edition of the Mog Bonanza is coming, bringing with it a veritable treasure trove of prizes that will have even the most affluent adventurers drooling on their own feet. Don’t miss this chance to turn your Vana'dielian dreams into reality and become the envy of all fellow adventurers. Ridiculous amounts of gil or super-rare items of legend—or both—await you!

How to Play

The Mog Bonanza is a number-guessing game in which you pick a five-digit number of your choice, kupo. Playing is simple! Purchase a Mog Bonanza marble (*1) from a Bonanza Moogle at designated areas (*2), then have the vendor inscribe your desired five-digit number on it, kupo. If you can't decide on a number, we moogles will be more than happy to pick one for you. The winning numbers will be announced at a later date, so sit tight and leave the rest to Lady Luck, kupo!

The conditions for winning are as follows:

Rank 1 prize: all five digits matching.
    Rank 2 prize: the last four digits matching.
    Rank 3 prize: the last three digits matching.
    Rank 4 prize: the last two digits matching.
    Rank 5 prize: the last digit matching.

* The winning number for each prize rank will be drawn separately. In the event that winning numbers overlap for multiple prize ranks, the higher-ranked prize will be given precedence. For example, should the winning numbers for ranks 4 and 5 be “11” and “1” respectively, the holder of a bonanza marble etched with the number “11111” will be awarded with a rank 4 prize.

Up to 10 Mog Bonanza marbles can be purchased per character. You can have the same number inscribed on multiple marbles. This will mean bigger earnings should you have a winning number.

Purchase your Mog Bonanza marbles, check winning numbers, and collect prizes from Bonanza Moogles at Port San d'Oria (I-9), Port Bastok (L-8), Port Windurst (F-6), or the Chocobo Circuit (H-8).

FINAL FANTASY XI Moggy New Year Bonanza

Price: 2000 gil per marble.
    Marble sales period: Thursday, December 24, 2009 at 1:00 until Friday, January 15, 2010 at 1:00 (PDT).
    Winning numbers announced: Friday, January 29, 2010 at 1:00 (PDT).
    Prize collection period: Friday, January 29, 2010 at 1:00 until Monday, February 15 at 1:00 (PDT).
    Eligibility: Only characters for whom 45 days or more have passed since creation can purchase bonanza marbles.

* The winning number will be randomly determined in a strictly supervised process.
    * Employees of Square Enix, Square Enix Inc. and Square Enix Ltd. and their relatives are forbidden from participating in the Mog Bonanza.
    http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/gui...bon/index.html

2 shadow rings in Rank 1.

Edit: Birdman cape o.o!

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

All AV items in Rank 1... that makes it interesting.

Inc a bunch of massive threads about what you would pick and why.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Joyeuse still rank 2...

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Rank 2, Birdman Cape, rofl

They should give "secret to beat AV" in place of AV coupon ...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

For the first year ever I will play on every character and every mule I have access to.

Ninurta's sash go. (yes at this point I'd take sash over 100m)

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orson Dara
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    For the first year ever I will play on every character and every mule I have access to.

You could probably get more for the sash than the gil prize but depends on how many marbles are sold I guess.

Every day I'm wafflin'
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

You're dumb, then. Unless you plan on selling it for more than the Rank 1 gil prize.

Birdman Cape and Vilma's Ring are pretty funny, and why are there two Shadow Rings in the Rank 1 prize list?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by drwaffles View Post
    You're dumb, then. Unless you plan on selling it for more than the Rank 1 gil prize.

Birdman Cape and Vilma's Ring are pretty funny, and why are there two Shadow Rings in the Rank 1 prize list?
    Why? I'm almost done with my 2nd relic and I've only camped KA less than 20 times on my new character, which has 2 75 jobs on it. What am I going to do? Aegis? Ragnarok?

MaachaQ

The translator messed up, one is Ring, the other should be Mantle.

assburgers
    BG Level

Plus, having your own sash would be badass.

You could be like map, but with your subs leveled and shit... fucking sweet!

Every day I'm wafflin'
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Why? I'm almost done with my 2nd relic and I've only camped KA less than 20 times on my new character, which has 2 75 jobs on it. What am I going to do? Aegis? Ragnarok?
    Your character is really so complete that 6 attack and getting 2% haste a little bit sooner is worth 100M to you? You should probably just quit the game if you're really that stuck for things to aim for.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

The only buyable upgrades I can possibly get are armada hauberk, cursed cap -1, dusk +1 and speed belt / vbelt / nsash. So...unless you count using 100m to throw around to buy valhalla pieces from merc shells instead of waiting 2-3 months in my shell or the like then...yes.

100m would be nice if I did decide to do aegis but I can always sell the Nsash anytime between when I get it and the end of the game if I decide I can better use the money on say...wotg endgame HQs or something.

Edit: Forgot A. torque

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orson Dara
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

That's the thing I don't think the market on the sash is ever going to crash. So pretty much unless a person is interested in defending ring or another item (god only knows why they would be) the sash is the obvious choice.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

I'd get the sash and sell

MaachaQ

Your character is really so complete that 6 attack and getting 2% haste a little bit sooner is worth 100M to you? You should probably just quit the game if you're really that stuck for things to aim for.
    How much was the gil payout this spring? I know it was significantly less than 100mil... and there are definitely fewer people on the game now, even if more mules are created for this...

edit:
    In short, 74 people now have the ability to claim the grand prize of 85,738,149 gil from their local Mog Bonanza moogle.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Defending Ring vs Ninurta's Sash. Fffffffffffffffff

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

The only buyable upgrades I can possibly get are armada hauberk, cursed cap -1, dusk +1 and speed belt / vbelt / nsash. So...unless you count using 100m to throw around to buy valhalla pieces from merc shells instead of waiting 2-3 months in my shell or the like then...yes.

100m would be nice if I did decide to do aegis but I can always sell the Nsash anytime between when I get it and the end of the game if I decide I can better use the money on say...wotg endgame HQs or something.

Edit: Forgot A. torque
    Why are you even arguing, its not like you are going to win...........

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

A New Year's Bonanza is a pleasant and completely unexpected surprise (aside from the mysterious kupon in the patch). Good thing I don't have to go through the process of creating my mule army again. As if inscribing 320 marbles wasn't bad enough, going through an additional 24 starter cutscenes was torture. Off to generate my new numbers!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast