+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on HGH?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

Thoughts on HGH?

So here is the story. Atm, I fluctuate between 145-150 lbs. I can max around 245 on the bench, but I just cannot put any weight on or build more muscle, all I am doing is toning now. I was thinking about this:

http://www.genf20.com/order.html

Thing is, I am severely allergic to something in creatine and something in all Whey products. So the only way I was bulking up was hounding carbs and eating a lot of meat / eggs. I know a couple people who use HGH, especially this product for uses like hair growth and energy. I cannot seem to find any side affects, just nay says about how bad HGH is, what is so bad about it? Anything in particular about the one I want to buy?

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

MUSCLE MILK

I don't really know anything about HGH, but if you gain only gain more weight/muscle if your body type supports it. If all you can do is tone up, your metabolism may not allow you to gain more weight. I was the same way when I lifted, I'd gain a little muscle, but once I got to a certain point, all I could do was tone it better. I'm also skinny as fuck and can eat more than a lot of people I know.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Cancer etc.

Honestly though, I never really saw the point in trying to hulk out. Why not just stay healthy?

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    Cancer etc.

Honestly though, I never really saw the point in trying to hulk out. Why not just stay healthy?
    I'm not trying to hulk out, just be toned and look like I take care of myself. Beach Bod.

If all you're doing is toning, and you want to be toned, why not keep toning? Derp.

Or you could start chugging protein shakes. I hear they're delicious.

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Obev View Post
    If all you're doing is toning, and you want to be toned, why not keep toning? Derp.

Or you could start chugging protein shakes. I hear they're delicious.
    As far as my bi's(maybe) and chest and tri's go. I find myself to the point where I can just stop and maintain. But I still need to work on my shoulder's and my bi's COULD maybe bulk up a bit more. So it would only be a temporary thing, just to get to a point where I can maintain.

Banned.

BG Level

eat more, 140-150 is far far from the natural limit.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Be a man, use some goddamn Weight Gain 4000

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/115673/beefcake.gif

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by residue View Post
    eat more, 140-150 is far far from the natural limit.
    My metabolizm is on crack. I shit after I eat everything. I shit 3-4x a day at least. Not to mention I can out eat Man vs Food, and still lose weight. No I don't have worms or some form of virus.

You can get protein supplements that don't have whey: egg, casein, soy for example. Optimum Nutrition makes all that stuff.

like 90% of the time it isn't genetics that keeps people from putting on mass, it's not eating enough or not lifting heavy enough weights. Ideally you should be eating 500-1000 calories more than you burn in a day (so at least 3000-3500) and trying to increase the weight you're lifting as often as every single workout.

Babycakes, you're penis is small enough as is... I wouldn't use 'roids.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Earn it, pussy.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Benching 245 while weighing 145-150 is pretty damn good - 245 is my personal max and I was about 178 at the time.

HGH will probably help some, but honestly I'm sure your "beach bod" is in pretty good shape (how tall are you?) and the side-effects are -way- less than steroids.

At the same time - it's illegal, and you aren't a pro-athelete or powerlifter, so it doesn't seem worth the legal risk personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipotent View Post
    So here is the story. Atm, I fluctuate between 145-150 lbs. I can max around 245 on the bench, but I just cannot put any weight on or build more muscle, all I am doing is toning now. I was thinking about this:

http://www.genf20.com/order.html

Thing is, I am severely allergic to something in creatine and something in all Whey products. So the only way I was bulking up was hounding carbs and eating a lot of meat / eggs. I know a couple people who use HGH, especially this product for uses like hair growth and energy. I cannot seem to find any side affects, just nay says about how bad HGH is, what is so bad about it? Anything in particular about the one I want to buy?
    If you weigh 145, can bench 245 (poidh), and still want to use HGH, you're absolutely fucking retarded.

Real help: Instead of supplements, look up a good dieting plan. Weight gain is probably 90% diet. No shitty foods like candy, chips, pop... Stick to foods high in protein, each 6 times a day, and don't drink alcohol.

also uh... are you *sure* you're allergic to creatine, and not just something in one of those unnecessarily complicated and retarded creatine products like celltech?

Creatine supplements are generally 1 ingredient (creatine monohydrate) which occurs naturally in the body and being allergic would mean you're allergic to fish and meat.

Not that they're even necessary to build muscle, but yeah.

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kumbai View Post
    Babycakes, you're penis is small enough as is... I wouldn't use 'roids.
    Don't make me Diaga ure fucking mobs in Korroloka

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    Benching 245 while weighing 145-150 is pretty damn good - 245 is my personal max and I was about 178 at the time.

HGH will probably help some, but honestly I'm sure your "beach bod" is in pretty good shape (how tall are you?) and the side-effects are -way- less than steroids.

At the same time - it's illegal, and you aren't a pro-athelete or powerlifter, so it doesn't seem worth the legal risk personally.
    I am 5'10.5ish. Maybe 5'11 not sure. I didn't think HGH was actually illegal outside of professional sports. If you want to use it for your own service I thought it was okay. Hense why you see testimonials and a lot of sites selling it that look legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Atreides View Post
    also uh... are you *sure* you're allergic to creatine, and not just something in one of those unnecessarily complicated and retarded creatine products like celltech?

Creatine supplements are generally 1 ingredient (creatine monohydrate) which occurs naturally in the body and being allergic would mean you're allergic to fish and meat.

Not that they're even necessary to build muscle, but yeah.
    It's something in creatine, not sure what though. Probably one of those long ass words, not really sure.

so then you're just allergic to your particular creatine supplement.

if you have your heart set on taking creatine supps then find one that just has creatine monohydrate and nothing else, there's like 0 chance you're allergic to that since you get around 1-2g a day from just eating normal food.

MaachaQ

All I had to do was Google "Side effects of HGH" ^^;

http://www.antiaginginfo.net/hgh-side-effects.htm

HGH Side Effects

HGH side effects are a concern for anyone looking at hormone therapy to slow down or reverse the aging process. The side effects of HGH use can be scary and researchers are still working on the optimal dosage to reduce adverse reactions and enhance results. As with any drug each person must weigh the benefits against the drawbacks and decide if the end justifies the means.

HGH side effects range from the minor joint pain and some fluid retention to the more serious high blood pressure and abnormal bone and cartilage growth. Most medicinal use of HGH focuses on short-term correction of a hormonal imbalance. General growth hormone side effects from this type of use tend to be fluid retention, joint pain, a reversible insulin resistance, and some joint swelling.

HGH for anti-aging or "plastic surgery in a bottle" use leads to more long-term complications such as high blood pressure, more serious fluid retention, chronic joint pain and swelling, and some facial bone growth. Long-term abuse, as seen in athletic use, can lead to more pronounced, and sometimes deadly, side effects such as irregular heart rhythms, increased risk of diabetes, joint and facial deformities, and a shut down of the pituitary glands.

HGH side effects can be reduced by limiting the length of time the hormone is used. Lowering the dosage of human growth hormone can also reduce the number and severity of these reactions. Human growth hormone is a drug. The introduction of any foreign substance, even if your body produces some naturally, will trigger reactions by the body. These reactions cause the effects that we see with any drug. HGH side effects also come from the extra growth hormone in the body along with what is already produced by the pituitary glands.

Some of the more serious side effects of HGH come from the abuse of the hormone. This abuse can come in the form of taking too much of the substance or taking it for too long. Milder versions of these problems can occur from the abuse of supplemental forms of HGH sold over-the-counter.

Your body needs time to return to a normal state of function. If you take more than the suggested dosage for a long period of time you will see complications arise from this abuse. You liver has to work harder to process this externally introduced HGH running through your blood. This could lead to liver stress, and ultimately liver damage. Your body may recognize a higher level of HGH in the bloodstream and stop producing as much for itself. If this goes on long enough the pituitary glands begin to shut down.

HGH side effects can come from any HGH use. Minimizing the side effects by lower the dosage and the length of time on the growth hormone can be helpful. Each person must weigh the benefits against the possibilities and decide if this course will help them reach their anti aging goals.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Growth_hormone

Side-effects
    Main article: HGH controversies

There is theoretical concern that HGH treatment may increase the risks of diabetes, especially in those with other predispositions treated with higher doses. If used for training, growth at a young age (25 or less) can cause severe symptoms. One survey of adults that had been treated with replacement cadaver GH (which has not been used anywhere in the world since 1985) during childhood showed a mildly increased incidence of colon cancer and prostate cancer, but linkage with the GH treatment was not established.[31]

Regular application of extra GH may show several negative side-effects such as joint swelling, joint pain, carpal tunnel syndrome, and an increased risk of diabetes.[25]
    History

Following a study in 1990 by Rudman[1] which showed fat loss, muscle mass increase and maintenance of healthy skin from the administration of growth hormone in elderly men, there has been a burgeoning industry surrounding the sale and administration of HGH and its purported anti-aging effects.

A report from the United States House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform on steroid and growth hormone use found that the misguided use of HGH by professional athletes and entertainers was fuelling the industry peddling the drug to the general public for medically inappropriate uses[2].
    [edit] Research

As is common with such therapies, the literature is now dominated by advocacy from pharmaceutical companies, with solid medical evidence harder to find. However, systematic reviews have demonstrated that hGH supplementation does not significantly increase muscle strength or aerobic exercise capacity in healthy individuals[3]. While it is possible that there are some advantages, it is also evident that benefits are being exaggerated by some for commercial gain[4].
    [edit] Side-effects

Some of the side effects reportedly seen in previously healthy mature patients after taking HGH include:

* Edema (retention of fluids) in extremities[5]
    * Arthralgia (joint pain)[5]
    * Carpal tunnel syndrome[5]
    * Hypertension
    * Diabetes and other glucose metabolism imbalances[5]
    * Gynecomastia (enlargement of male mammary glands)[5]

Chronic use of HGH is not well studied, except when used in children for acute growth deficiencies. A long term increase in colon cancer and Hodgkin's Disease has been observed in these cases.[6]

Banned.

BG Level

how tall are you, about how many miles/day do you walk/run regardless of workouts (est), and what are you eating right now?

a. you need to eat more. theres no way around this, even if youre taking supps.
    b. do you really want to risk using creatine over having slightly better looking features slightly faster? you could probably get the same results without the creatine in another 1-2 months. it's not like it's unlocking some new potential in your body, it just does what your lazy ass is too lazy to do. you're still going to HAVE to eat more.

Be consistent. Don't just increase your calories on workout days, increase them all of the time. Set a goal to eat 115-120% of your caloric needs per day, walk an extra mile and keep going bigger. bench doesn't really mean jack shit, its just a relative point of reference.

my best advice, honestly, is go to the gym and find someone that looks like you want to look, and ask them if it's ok if you sit in on their session and ask them a few questions. most health and nutrition freaks will be more than happy to talk their whole workout (burns faster) and tell you how to improve yourself.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast