BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14
    New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Stromgarde View Post
    G15binder allows them to function as unique keys, on top of whatever else you have set up. If you're a fan of the G11/G15 for FFXI, you'd understand how hard it would be to live without the 15 extra macro slots. Without the binder plugin, you have to rely on logitech's profiler to bind them, at which point you might as well be using a regular keyboard.
    This. On the original G15 you get 54 macro keys, 3 banks of 18. Very awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Stromgarde View Post
    G15binder allows them to function as unique keys, on top of whatever else you have set up. If you're a fan of the G11/G15 for FFXI, you'd understand how hard it would be to live without the 15 extra macro slots. Without the binder plugin, you have to rely on logitech's profiler to bind them, at which point you might as well be using a regular keyboard.
    Except that a regular keyboard doesn't have the additional keys to use for the binding...

I do have G15 (orange, with the 6 buttons and M1-3 above them), and tbh I could live without it, prefer not to to be sure, as I use it, but I could live without the keys there, I might whack the side of the keyboard on occasion without them there, but I'd learn that hitting a desk doesn't cast utsu: ni

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Subadai View Post
    This is certainly true, except that half the time it simply doesn't work. You press a G key and get nothing, except the chat box opens.
    I've never had this problem. G15 binder works great for me, and I rely on the G keys heavily for certian jobs. I wouldn't move to the next windower without it~

(I personalli use G11, so there's 18 keys x3 M locations.)

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'm going to have to buy a logitech G-something keyboard to test and work on that stuff on.

Anyone work at logitech and get a discount?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Shadow Counter please.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Kirschy View Post
    I've never had this problem. G15 binder works great for me, and I rely on the G keys heavily for certian jobs. I wouldn't move to the next windower without it~

(I personalli use G11, so there's 18 keys x3 M locations.)
    Yes, G15 Binder works flawlessly for me. It's the G15 Profiler (Logitech's sw) that has bugs. Hence, the need for an updated plugin that works with Windower 4.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by nitsuj View Post
    I'm going to have to buy a logitech G-something keyboard to test and work on that stuff on.

Anyone work at logitech and get a discount?
    Not me, but I'd be willing to alpha/beta test, if that'll help any. If I could afford a spare I'd send you one.

Uh... I have a G15 that is a year and a half~ old (orange one, only 6 buttons on side) that I'm replacing with a Microsoft Reclusa as soon as it arrives, I could send it to you depending on shipping costs

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'll see if I can get a cheap one on eBay in the coming months. Looks like it could be fun to develop for anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Siniroth View Post
    Uh... I have a G15 that is a year and a half~ old (orange one, only 6 buttons on side) that I'm replacing with a Microsoft Reclusa as soon as it arrives, I could send it to you depending on shipping costs
    If you wanted to sell it for relatively inexpensive, I'd probably be interested

To help windower out? It'd just get scrapped otherwise, pay for shipping and it's yours

Doctor Shantotto Supporter
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I just want the IME

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Subadai View Post
    Yes, G15 Binder works flawlessly for me. It's the G15 Profiler (Logitech's sw) that has bugs. Hence, the need for an updated plugin that works with Windower 4.
    My bad Quick question since I find it hard to get an answer. A friend of mine has the G13 gamepad thing. Is there currently a way to program macros for that?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Kirschy View Post
    My bad Quick question since I find it hard to get an answer. A friend of mine has the G13 gamepad thing. Is there currently a way to program macros for that?
    I dunno, never owned or used one. You can try using the Logitech sw to input entire macros, e.g. "/equip main "Light Staff" [Return]/ma "Cure IV" <t> [Return]", but when I tried that on the G15 keyboard, it didn't work too well. Your other option is to write your macros in FFXI and program the G13 keys to execute Ctrl+1, Ctrl+2, etc. for you. Which is not the most efficient way of doing things, but it may be your only choice, if the G13 works anything like the G15.

Profiler G1 >> Ctrl Alt 1

alias ^!1 input /ma Refresh <stpc>

Hit G1 >> inputs /ma Refresh <stpc> for you

should work

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

just a fyi if you use spellcast you can simply do

alias ^! refresh stpc

alot cleaner line

and a FYI since seems many dont realize. you can bind numbers w/o alt or ctrl too and have even more "single hit" keys

ie bind %3 cure3

casts cure3 for me w/o hitting alt or control, but still lets you type 3 into chat.

Insert witty title here
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    Quote Originally Posted by Aikar View Post
    just a fyi if you use spellcast you can simply do

alias ^! refresh stpc

alot cleaner line

and a FYI since seems many dont realize. you can bind numbers w/o alt or ctrl too and have even more "single hit" keys

ie bind %3 cure3

casts cure3 for me w/o hitting alt or control, but still lets you type 3 into chat.
    So if you have "bind %3 cure3", if you don't have the chat window open (currnetly typing something in-game) and hit "3", it'll cure3, but if you are typing something, it just puts the number 3 in the chat box? :O

I knew about the binding numbers, I DIDNT know about the binding nochat numbers o.o

Edit: Just used that to bind my extra buttons on the Microsoft Reclusa I just got cause they don't have a 'none' function for input so I couldn't see if they worked with g15binder, yay