Page 1 of 73 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

BG Level
    Blog Entries

Random Question Thread VII: I Find Your Lack of Research Disturbing

Quote Originally Posted by isladar
    Quote Originally Posted by aurik View Post
    This thread is for off-the-cuff questions that don't merit a full topic to answer. "What should I wear for my level 65 pup? What's the best way to learn the Qutrub Blu spell?"

Original thread:
    viewtopic.php?f=31&t=16257
    Thread the Second.

DOUBLE RANDOM.

RANDOM III
    RANDOM V: SIX HIT SIX HIT SIX HIT

RANDOM VI: I'm No Mathologist, But...

Lv.99 Mjollnir
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

How much damage should a melee do in dynamis? If it varies a bunch by zone (probably duh?), then rough idea for home cities, or specific zones, would be great. I have always been curious how much it varies (from one "good DD" to another, as well as from one zone to another).

Ex:
    "dunno but my relic SAM always does 200k minimum @ Bastok"

"I strive to do 50k on my PUP in any zone we go to, lol"

"in Windy, our top parser people range from 70k to 270k"

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Depends on number of people surely? Less people will probably kill less mobs, get less TEs (depending on zone/skill/etc), and so a comparison can't really be made, can it? idk!

more people will be splitting the damage more ways too

run a parser yourself and don't use idiotic comparisons like total damage per zone, just look at percents to compare the jobs

She is probably referring to the fact that running a parser of multiple persons in a crowded area gives inaccuracte results. So it would be best to parse yourself only and compare.

Quote Originally Posted by pchan View Post
    She is probably referring to the fact that running a parser of multiple persons in a crowded area gives inaccuracte results. So it would be best to parse yourself only and compare.
    never had any problems with directparse doing this, though to my understanding kparser parses from log files and the way those are saved can screw with it's results

parsing yourself only is never the best way, different amounts of people, different amounts of mobs, so many variables you'll never get anywhere close to a decent comparison vs other melee

can't forget the one epeen moron in his usukane shoes and askar body that's going to make up his number just to say he beat you

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

My rather bad DRK in an OK sandy run did around 70k iirc (full time extenders, but a little bit of standing around).

But a lot of mobs were <50% before in engaged (yay for TPing in Dusk lol)

Edit: Nice title.. :D

Lv.99 Mjollnir
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah, my example was kinda misleading -- I do understand it will vary a lot ... really, really, way lots, a bunch.

For example, the /assist guy can do billions more damage than everyone else.

How about... like so many other things, the more information you can give, the more helpful it would be?

I have very limited ability to parse (can only get it to work out of my log, and no way am I doing a whole dyna unfiltered on WHM).

I just want to understand if/how any of it can be meaningfully measured (I guess?)

I mean, I would even settle for something as stupid as:
    "I come DRG to every dyna ever, and my pet always does 10% of my total damage output, always, exactly 10%"

If that's all I can get from here, then that's fine I guess.

If the answer is simply "no ur dum stfu&gtfo" then that's fine too, I'll ask somewhere else and leave you guys alone.

EDIT: might as well ask, does anyone have an example of a parse of everyone? maybe that's the only type of thing that would even be meaningful here?

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

You're a WHM, whichever guy you raised the most did the most damage. This is know as The Isladar Rule.

The DD with the most haste on their gear/buffs will do the most damage. The guy running around your gimpshit dynamis with a assault jerkin is going to not.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by Thorny View Post
    never had any problems with directparse doing this, though to my understanding kparser parses from log files and the way those are saved can screw with it's results
    The front-end of kparser was borrowed from directparse. They both parse the 'log' in the same way, by snooping ffxi's memory directly. That's why both programs share a common 'memloc' configuration field.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakamaru View Post
    The front-end of kparser was borrowed from directparse. They both parse the 'log' in the same way, by snooping ffxi's memory directly. That's why both programs share a common 'memloc' configuration field.
    Was this done for original k-parser release or changed later when someone else took the parser over?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Was this done for original k-parser release or changed later when someone else took the parser over?
    Mot is the original developer of kparser. He borrowed the front-end code from the start. I can't really speak to any changes/improvements he's added in the past ~2 years (not that there's any reason to change the front end), but they're both rooted from the same code.

And it is true that parsers miss damage. Well, not so much that parsers do... probably more like the ffxi client only tolerates/allows a certain rate of text appearing in the log. Anything above that is lost. Not to mention people move out of log range and things like that.

That's not even considering that someone may have botched a regular expression somewhere and some log lines may be miscategorized. There were a bunch of problems like that when I used to hack around with directparse. They weren't common by any means, but it's the corner cases that kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakamaru View Post
    Mort is the original developer of kparser. He borrowed the front-end code from the start. I can't really speak to any changes/improvements he's added in the past ~2 years (not that there's any reason to change the front end), but they're both rooted from the same code.

And it is true that parsers miss damage. Well, not so much that parsers do... probably more like the ffxi client only tolerates/allows a certain rate of text appearing in the log. Anything above that is lost. Not to mention people move out of log range and things like that.

That's not even considering that someone may have botched a regular expression somewhere and some log lines may be miscategorized. There were a bunch of problems like that when I used to hack around with directparse. They weren't common by any means, but it's the corner cases that kill you.
    If nothing else, filtering outside party damage and having one person parse per party will still be infinitely more accurate than trying to compare total damage #s(especially from different runs with different linkshells and different paths killed/tactics). I guess I'm spoiled, I usually dyna with less than 12, so I don't have these problems with parser.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I noticed someone doing multi-hit statistics in the Zanshin thread. Is that a normal feature of the parser, or did he modify his to do it?

Reason is, I suspect Lyft Voulge gives +4DA and +4STR with full party, as there has been a recent report of the SAM GKT giving +4STP and +4STR with full party. Sword Strap and the normal 21STP WAR wears makes Lyft Voulge faster than Perdu/Pole and with 2% more DA and a 6-hit still (-5 Acc, -7 Atk).
    If I get 6 people together though, I might as well merit. I just want to be able to tell the difference between 19 and 23% DA rate.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Can a NVIDIA 310M graphics card for a laptop run FFXI properly?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Psylentcuda View Post
    Can a NVIDIA 310M graphics card for a laptop run FFXI properly?
    I'm going to make an educated guess and say yes. If it's an graphics card, it can probably run FFXI.

I run FFXI on my netbook, it doesn't even have a dedicated video card :D

If nothing else, filtering outside party damage and having one person parse per party will still be infinitely more accurate than trying to compare total damage #s(especially from different runs with different linkshells and different paths killed/tactics). I guess I'm spoiled, I usually dyna with less than 12, so I don't have these problems with parser.
    When I've been parsing our Einherjar runs with ~30, it seems pretty damn close to accurate. Sams with similar buffs have similar swing rates and WS rates. The assist is always higher than they should be by a number of swings, etc.
    There are definitely some problems, but I think they are rare, and it's more related to things in the chat log showing up in an odd order at times. /shrug.

Also, from my experience, most players are unable to sit at their PC for the duration of Dynamis, so how many times you afk (or try to Hasso tank a HF MNK for an excuse to afk) is a pretty large factor in dynamis parses.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    I noticed someone doing multi-hit statistics in the Zanshin thread. Is that a normal feature of the parser, or did he modify his to do it?

Reason is, I suspect Lyft Voulge gives +4DA and +4STR with full party, as there has been a recent report of the SAM GKT giving +4STP and +4STR with full party. Sword Strap and the normal 21STP WAR wears makes Lyft Voulge faster than Perdu/Pole and with 2% more DA and a 6-hit still (-5 Acc, -7 Atk).
    If I get 6 people together though, I might as well merit. I just want to be able to tell the difference between 19 and 23% DA rate.
    I believe Mot added that feature to one of the more recent k-parser releases. You should download it and try it out. It may require loading a special plugin for the multi-hit parsing. I personally haven't played with it, but that was my understanding of how he integrated it by watching the descriptions in the 'working parser' thread.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

einherjar and dynamis have never been accurate for parses when I did it ( when I parse an alliance or the whole ls). I ran it on my side, pchan on his side, and we found results *very* different usually. Now I only parse myself or my PT, never more people.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 73 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast