Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Sleep Deprived Galka BLM
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Pretty sure my account got hacked.

I get up, check my email, and I find an email saying that I've received a 3-hour ban because of third party spamming, which I didn't do, and when I tried to log on, I got asked for an authenticator code, which I didn't ask for. I sent Blizzard an email telling them what's up, but no response yet, not surprising.

I checked myself on armory, and I am indeed naked. Anybody have any experience with this? It happened within the last 24 hours, so according to their help page, they should be able to recover my stuff, which is good, because I would be holy pissed off if I couldn't get my stuff back.

Sleep Deprived Galka BLM
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Ohaigaiz View Post
    Ok, mister high and mighty, I started playing again for the first time in almost two years two weeks ago. Nobody I know has one, and nobody I know has ever had their account hacked. I run regular virus scans, and nothing has come up.

Quote Originally Posted by Komm Suesser Tod View Post
    Ok, mister high and mighty, I started playing again for the first time in almost two years two weeks ago. Nobody I know has one, and nobody I know has ever had their account hacked. I run regular virus scans, and nothing has come up.
    i'm high and mighty because i spent 6 dollars on a very incredible tool that allows my account to virtually never be hacked?

also, if all your friends are doing it then it must be the cool thing to do, right? look what the guy who has your account now got for not following a logic so fucking retarded as 'nobody i know has one'.

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

blax n gunz
    BG Level

I get up, check my email, and I find an email saying that I've received a 3-hour ban because of third party spamming, which I didn't do, and when I tried to log on, I got asked for an authenticator code, which I didn't ask for. I sent Blizzard an email telling them what's up, but no response yet, not surprising.
    It's not surprising because people get hacked every day, which means the queue of hacked account restorations is very, very long. Search this subforum for the testimonials you seek, put in an order for a authenticator TODAY and as soon as you get your account back, attach it to your battle.net account.

In case you're wondering why it was so easy to get hacked, it's because folks looking to steal your account don't have to guess both your username and password anymore. Now that the email is your single sign-in for everything all they need to do is keylog your password and shazam, bye bye account. Run an anti-malware scan or two or three, get your machine uninfected while you wait for Blizzard to respond.

P.S. buy an authenticator. Or get the free authenticator app for your smartphone of choice.

Sleep Deprived Galka BLM
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    It's not surprising because people get hacked every day, which means the queue of hacked account restorations is very, very long. Search this subforum for the testimonials you seek, put in an order for a authenticator TODAY and as soon as you get your account back, attach it to your battle.net account.

In case you're wondering why it was so easy to get hacked, it's because folks looking to steal your account don't have to guess both your username and password anymore. Now that the email is your single sign-in for everything all they need to do is keylog your password and shazam, bye bye account. Run an anti-malware scan or two or three, get your machine uninfected while you wait for Blizzard to respond.

P.S. buy an authenticator. Or get the free authenticator app for your smartphone of choice.
    I can't buy an authenticator now, I need an authenticator code to buy one, which I don't have.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

I can't buy an authenticator now, I need an authenticator code to buy one, which I don't have.
    Create a new battle.net account.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

i'm high and mighty because i spent 6 dollars on a very incredible tool that allows my account to virtually never be hacked?

also, if all your friends are doing it then it must be the cool thing to do, right? look what the guy who has your account now got for not following a logic so fucking retarded as 'nobody i know has one'.
    authenticators can be hacked btw, just throwing that out there

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

How long is the average queue for account restore? (not hacked, just wondering)

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

1 week

Cerberus
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Frostmane

Technically false, but it does add another security layer

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    authenticators can be hacked btw, just throwing that out there
    Probable attack methods

Without authenticator:
    - man in middle attack
    - dictionary attack
    - pfishing
    - keylogging

with authenticator:
    - man in middle

You tell me which one is safer. MIM is completely preventable if you keep your shit clean with decent anti-(virus/malware) tools, which makes your account virtually bulletproof.

Does no one know what the word virtually means?

Edit: Hint: Norellicus is using it correctly

Quote Originally Posted by Siniroth View Post
    Does no one know what the word virtually means?

Edit: Hint: Norellicus is using it correctly
    account to virtually never be hacked?
    1 : almost entirely : nearly
    looks like i'm using it correctly if that was directed at me ^-^

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Nah I'm pretty sure he was talking to the people who are like "AUTHENTICATOR CAN STILL BE HACKED DERP DERP http://images.bluegartr.com/forum/im...ns/mmithra.png"

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Authenticator is free on the Android Market, don't know about iPhone but I'm guessing it's the same. Paying for one makes you a sucker if you have one of these devices.

That said, it's also a massive pain in the ass that I don't have time for(or rather, wouldn't if I still played). Don't be a retard and you won't get hacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Norellicus View Post
    Nah I'm pretty sure he was talking to the people who are like "AUTHENTICATOR CAN STILL BE HACKED DERP DERP http://images.bluegartr.com/forum/im...ns/mmithra.png"
    lol

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Resin Midwater
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Probable attack methods

Without authenticator:
    - man in middle attack
    - dictionary attack
    - pfishing
    - keylogging

with authenticator:
    - man in middle

You tell me which one is safer. MIM is completely preventable if you keep your shit clean with decent anti-(virus/malware) tools, which makes your account virtually bulletproof.
    Also Firefox with Adblock/NoScript, etc.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Probable attack methods

Without authenticator:
    - man in middle attack
    - dictionary attack
    - pfishing
    - keylogging

with authenticator:
    - man in middle

right, but you're also a complete fucking moron (obviously.) if you don't realize that keyloggers are always being updated. ALWAYS. Where as an authenticator is never being updated. NEVER. The first one to "crack" an authenticator wasn't too long ago, before long most of the new ones will have the same shit in them. if you have an authenticator and have something on your PC it's because you got an old keylogger, that's just how it is. DERP DERP. fucking morons

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast