Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 85 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast
    Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by urat View Post
    Oh, well in that case lol

So basically theres not much point in raising bonecraft any higher huh?

Interesting. Thank you.
    ffxiah.com achievement points!

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Can you use a rune that gives synth support inside MMM to break a tier? Or does it count as your main synth support?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Im not quite sure, it might be crafting onry for the big idol.

I know fishing support rune is just a gobbie that literally gives you guild support, no idea about the other crafting runes...

On that note how often have we been seeing skillups from MMM runs?

Im currently at about 99.5 or so WWing and being able to go the rest of the way for free via crafting run would be sick, is it soloable?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Ebon Frock is a standard synth only, right? It cannot be made with Synergy alone?

Aramaic

To answer the synergy questions. You only need someone of the appropriate levels in your party in zone to attempt it. Like for weapons im Veteran Smithing. I have 60 Gold but need 70 so I just have someone with 70 in LS chill in party with me at zoneline while I make weapons for LS peeps. Also for the update to 60 can keep doing gold nugget to 60 confirmed took me about 5hrs to go from 50-60.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Posted this in the regular random Q thread, but no idea how many of the crafting forum folk check that thread:

Has anyone leveled alchemy from 60-100 recently, if so what path did you take? I currently have cooking at 100 and all subs at 60 and haven't used cooking in years. Silver/Steel bullet prices are ridiculous on Odin so I've been considering taking it to 100 to make my own bullets.

Also inb4 a link to ffxiah.com and telling me all servers are different.

If no one has skilled it recently no big deal I'll end up doing the ffxiah.com route, was just hoping to save myself some time/give myself a starting point.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Persephone Slamchest
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

venom powders > venom potions > paralyze powder (has a 100 fishing buddy get me tons of three eyed fish)> paralyze potions > polyflan > holy leather > ic wings > panacea > pro ethers.

I think because of my friend fishing up all those fish I think it took me about 2-3 months to get there

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Sleep Bolt heads > paralysis Dust > Halcyon Rod > Paralyze Potions > Bloody Bolt Head > Holy Leather (ew) > Mamushitos (may HQ 1 to cover costs, I did 2) > Icarus Wing > Plat Nugget > Panacea > Pro Ether/Sun Waters

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Thanks for the alchemy tips, looks like my 100 fishing w/ebisu will help for atleast part of it!

I have 49 clothcraft from 3 years ago on my main and 68 cooking which I did as a spur of the moment thing to craft stuff for my BST. Right now I'm leaning towards taking clothcraft to 100. I know I'd have only lost 8 levels of crafting colorful eggs which isn't a huge loss, but it's closer to 100. Any advice?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

to my knowledge, clothcraft is pretty much dead at 100 (like goldsmithing). bone, smithing, leather, alchemy, fishing (I know I know), Those crafts are still good but again you have to be smart with the market and work hard at it.

ninja edit:

cooking paired with fishing is decent, but again a lot of work and a lot of spamming. Personally I just fish to cap on stuff that npc's for a decent amount. Eventually when I get high enough I'll look for people to buy gugs and such. A friend has 100+6 cooking (hocho GO!) and he does fairly well, It adds up in the long run. (bro just made 47 stacks of yellow curry buns for me!)

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Long time lurker etc... been slowly leveling Goldsmithing for a while and now I'm doing ele beads, and was told that any break on a bead synth is a crit break.

But while i was skilling the other day I had a break and only lost the crystal. Was wondering if anybody had any info on the any break = crit break on beads. I SS'd the break when i was skilling but chat log seems to cleared itself before i took the pic so no evidence.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Well if you claim that you didn't crit break on a synth that is suppose to crit break everytime. Then its obviously not a crit break everytime.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

idk.. artisians advantage gives the chance for it to stay?

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Ya looking back at it my question was phrased pretty poorly. I guess I should have asked if anyone else has ever broken on a bead synth and not crit broke, besides the one that I seemingly experienced. Also there was artisan's advantage active at the time.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

its never guranteed that you will lose the materials. when you only have 1 material in a synth, any loss would be a crit failure though in that respect.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Virion View Post
    Long time lurker etc... been slowly leveling Goldsmithing for a while and now I'm doing ele beads, and was told that any break on a bead synth is a crit break.

But while i was skilling the other day I had a break and only lost the crystal. Was wondering if anybody had any info on the any break = crit break on beads. I SS'd the break when i was skilling but chat log seems to cleared itself before i took the pic so no evidence.
    I made some beads the other day for a woodworker friend of mine and had 2 breaks that didn't lose ore, no artisan's advantage. It's rare but it happens

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Ty, good to know that there is no innate 100% crit break without artisan's advantage... not that it matters much anyway.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Anyone have any idea on the cloth or gold requirements on Pennon earring? Wiki discussion page lists it in 50s cloth, wondering how high I need to get my gold up to before I bother. Have a feeling I'm gonna have to test this one out as I level GS though.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Midnightjade Eleven
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Anyone else seeing gardening results very low on recently-created mules?

I just harvested ice ore / plat leaf combo on 7 mules. All of the older mules (12-48 months old) produced 30-80 leaves and 0-3 ore. The final mule, made a month ago, harvested 1 plat leaf per sapling on 9 saplings, and a wind cluster on the tenth.

Pretty obvious result if you ask me. Night and day. Similar furniture / ele strength combo on all mules btw.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 85 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast