+ Reply to Thread
Page 356 of 431 FirstFirst ... 306 346 354 355 356 357 358 366 406 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Form Magian Weapons     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Lovex View Post
    I thought relics could? I had played since 02 so maybe i'm a bit fuzzy, but at some point didnt they proc on ws?
    nope.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Lovex View Post
    Outside abyssea, is that even that good for pup? in b4 "loloutsideabys"

also, grats (note: i am not trolling)
    Of course. Great damage, ODD, and Smite generally has a lot more room to improve compared to Pummel. Plus the ODD stacks with AF3+2 set bonus as well. You can also solo chain light with Smite -> Smite every 3 minutes or if you're using the Sharpshot, then Armor Shatterer -> Smite for Light as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Atoreis View Post
    Serious question. How much % of PUP damage is melee automaton? 20? 10? 5? Assuming you focus on your damage not spamming maneuvers for no reason (unless at some point spamming maneuvers is now a way to improve overall damage but last time I heard it's opposite). I always tho about KKK as ultimate weapon if a fight require focus on fighting mainly fight automaton with you staying back ( solo with BLM or RNG or kite fights ). It obviously was best PUP melee weapon before Veret but it was mostly known from reducing overload. Anyone know how much - delay gives 90 KKK? That could be deciding factor in favor of KKK beating Veret in pure damage.
    I'd have to parse it (as I haven't done so recently) but Automaton damage is nothing to scoff at still especially with the new WS being so powerful (and Barrage/Meditate attachments now too). For automatons, the lower the total haste being used in a fight the higher the damage as I recall.

If the 90 KKK has a full MA effect, then that's a significant boost. I think folks figured out the 75 KKK gave the full effect (-20 Delay) so if that is the same, then it'd be -80 for for the 90 KKK which would be a significant boost speed boost. It would be the same as a MNK with Tantra Cyclas +2 assuming that those gave -20 Delay as well.

Toth: As for atmas, I go with RR, VV, AoA for PUP DDing if I'm using the Sharpshot or Valoredge. The DA is going to provide you a bigger boost on your automaton than any other Atma I think.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Shouta View Post
    Of course. Great damage, ODD, and Smite generally has a lot more room to improve compared to Pummel. Plus the ODD stacks with AF3+2 set bonus as well. You can also solo chain light with Smite -> Smite every 3 minutes or if you're using the Sharpshot, then Armor Shatterer -> Smite for Light as well.

I don't know on the Kenkonken and Verethragna issue as I don't have one and I've never even seen a Kenkonken in person. The 90 Mythic looks nice as hell though, OAT Aftermath and Martial Arts IV? That's gross. Assuming it's a full MA effect, that would bring PUP to the same delay as a MNK with Tantra Cyclas +2.
    My bet is for -50 or -25 on MAIV on KKK but someone need to ask Bobdeezz.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

My bet is for -50 or -25 on MAIV on KKK but someone need to ask Bobdeezz.
    Edited my last post a bit.

There's no way it's -25 for MA IV. -50 I can see though. -20 For the inital MA and -10 for each additional one would make sense. I'd hope for -80 personally though.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Edited my last post a bit.

There's no way it's -25 for MA IV. -50 I can see though. -20 For the inital MA and -10 for each additional one would make sense. I'd hope for -80 personally though.
    Its not -80 for sure. Its not Martial art trait IV. The number there is only to imply that this value is changing with trial. Like counter on spharai is IV and Berserk on Conqueror is IV and a lot more. Delay on af3+2 MNK body is -5 and it's very possible its the same for each upgrade on KKK.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Its not -80 for sure. Its not Martial art trait IV. The number there is only to imply that this value is changing with trial. Like counter on spharai is IV and Berserk on Conqueror is IV and a lot more. Delay on af3+2 MNK body is -5 and it's very possible its the same for each upgrade on KKK.
    Yeah, it's not likely to be -80 but one can wish.

For all the improvements the FFXI team has done recently, they still don't tell us exactly how much these tiered traits give us in boosts/reductions. I really wish they would so it wouldn't be a hassle.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Serious question. How much % of PUP damage is melee automaton? 20? 10? 5? Anyone know how much - delay gives 90 KKK? That could be deciding factor in favor of KKK beating Veret in pure damage.
    Depends on your haste. With marches you are only looking at like ~5% in abyssea. More outside and more with less haste. How much -delay KKK gives really doesn't matter, it wins with just -20. Higher WS damage and better aftermath, plus the minor increase from your automaton getting aftermath.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

It's worth to mention that at some point (MNK is at this point now) MA will start to have negative function with best support. Veret MNK with Gjallahorn marches + haste is already at delay cap. Next -20 would put it at delay cap with +3 marches+haste and only lower TP gain with Ghorn marches.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

lol, congrats

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Grats! Glad to see you still playing Bean2

Sea Torques
    BG Level

It's worth to mention that at some point (MNK is at this point now) MA will start to have negative function with best support. Veret MNK with Gjallahorn marches + haste is already at delay cap. Next -20 would put it at delay cap with +3 marches+haste and only lower TP gain with Ghorn marches.
    goading/twilight belt mnk???
    or victory+minuet

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'd have to parse it (as I haven't done so recently) but Automaton damage is nothing to scoff at still especially with the new WS being so powerful (and Barrage/Meditate attachments now too). For automatons, the lower the total haste being used in a fight the higher the damage as I recall.

Toth: As for atmas, I go with RR, VV, AoA for PUP DDing if I'm using the Sharpshot or Valoredge. The DA is going to provide you a bigger boost on your automaton than any other Atma I think.
    Awesome, thank you very much Shouta.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by seiji View Post
    goading/twilight belt mnk???
    or victory+minuet
    You would need a lot more Martial Arts for one march to cap you

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

This is just for discussion. JP are testing blade Hi's fixed critical hit rate, and it seems to be 15% @ 100% tp, 20% @ 200% tp, and 25% @ 300% tp. Here is the link to their discussion. I can only read some, but it seems like a lot of them are coming up with similar results.

http://www32.atwiki.jp/studiogobli/pages/108.html

It is toward the second half of the page til the end.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

im assuming you mean forced crit rate that has a base of 15/20/25 no matter what the situation? Because I can guarantee that inside abyssea 100% Hi's crit more then 15% of the time.

Insert witty title here
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Are they discussing the base crit rate at different TP totals? I can't read noodles. =/

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Tribe View Post
    im assuming you mean forced crit rate that has a base of 15/20/25 no matter what the situation? Because I can guarantee that inside abyssea 100% Hi's crit more then 15% of the time.
    Yeah, with multiple crit hit rate atmas, its pretty easy to attain almost 100% crit hit rate. He means outside of abyssea, how much the TP mod is affecting crit hit rate, to how similar tests were done for One Inch Punch and Raging Rush.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

yea, it is the base critical hit rate. So when dDex is capped and full merit, you should expect 25+15 = 40% critical hit rate on Blade Hi at 100% tp. That's basically what they are testing.

Insert witty title here
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Awesome. Assuming RR/GH then, it'd be 90% Crit rate at 100tp, 100% at 300tp (when capped dDex)