+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Persona 4 Arena     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Personally, I don't give a shit about costumes, but if you do, you can buy them.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

oh man BB colors lol, tempting

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rui Seiken
    FFXIV Server
    Jenova
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

actually playing online isnt so bad once you get used to it, most peoples connections dont seem to be terrible, but hopefully patch will be out soon

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

So I'm having a really hard time gauging how good I am at this. PS3 Version and using the controller. I don't have any fancy arcade controllers.

I don't really play fighting games a whole lot, but I love SMT and Persona. For reference I was really good with Sheik in Smash Bros Melee and Toon Link in Brawl. But I also know SSB is kinda an antithesis of sorts to how fighting games like Street Fighter and MvC work.

I've played Elizabeth and Aigis to some skill, but is it really just trial and error against NPC opponents? I know that sounds really bad, but I can't get some of the moves to activate half the time and I'm getting beaten by Brotag (Narukami) in Arcade Mode.

I guess I'm asking which seem most similar to Sheik or Toon Link? Yukiko seems akward, and I'm also having a hard time with Naoto's delay after unloading a full round of shots. Havn't like Yosuke at all, but Akihiko seems like he is really good. I just dont know.

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

trying to learn naoto right now, he's so odd.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

^She.

I'm digging the character variety. The cast is small but every character is so different.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

I can't really find a single character that I'm interested in outside of the girl with the fencing sword and the AEGIS REFLECTOR! Chie just makes me miss Jam. I forgot his name, but the guy with the air kunai shits has the best throw whiff animation of all time, and his 214A,A in the air seems like a really dirty 50/50 crossup at the right distance. We'll see how I feel about the game tomorrow after a session with some old GG players. I sort of suspect it won't be long before a KoF disc makes a guest appearance, though.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

I think I may end up just sticking with Yu, still have to try several if the characters though. Got the keys to my new apartment yesterday, probably going to be awhile before I can get real practice in.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Going to get this today; I had too much going on yesterday to pick it up.

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I hear that man, I went and got it then fell asleep for 5 fucking hours yesterday. Only ended up dicking around in challenge mode for an hour.

King of the Jews
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Game is fucking awesome, I love it so far Chie/Misturu are the chars im gonna try and learn.

Spent the most time so far with Chie and Akihiko. Did maybe 20 challenges for each then just hit training for hours. Then my 9 year old just button-mash destroyed me 5 times in a row with Elizabeth...

The game is gorgeous. I knew what it was going to look like from videos but good lord. Once it is on your screen. So pretty. The design is just perfect.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Can anyone explain Akihikos away mechanic to me? I still don't understand how you level it up past two...

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    Can anyone explain Akihikos away mechanic to me? I still don't understand how you level it up past two...
    Gotta learn to abuse Duck and Weave. You can approach with Duck (the command dash), cancel it in to another move (even throw) and then combo from there, throwing in Weave mid-combo for more levels. Check out challenge 27 (1:43 here if you can't do it yourself in game) for a good example of it. He approaches with Duck (builds 1 level), cancels in to Throw (level 2) and then does 4A and he's already at level 3. After that you can do a pretty extensive combo thanks to longer hitstun, wallbounce property on Corkscrew B, etc.

Dacidbro has a pretty slick Akihiko if you wanna check out some of his matches, but I don't think FinestKO uploads em anywhere so you'd have to root through archives. He also put out a tutorial video explaining game basics and some Akihiko stuff, but I haven't watched it so I dunno how good it is or if it's worth checking out.

Edit: Coopa at FinestKO is running a stream demonstrating some tech, trying to find new stuff, etc. Pretty cool stuff from the short amount of time I've had it open:
    http://www.twitch.tv/finestko

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Yeah I'm starting to get it now. Thanks for the info breh

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Ok, I forgot how to read Dustloop lol...

What the fuck is this on an Xbox stick:

5AA 5C 5BB 236{A+B}

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

A is light attack, B is heavy attack, C is light persona attack, D is heavy persona attack. Default layout is
    AC
    BD
    5 just means neutral on joystick. So it'd be AACBB QCF A+B (EX version of the attack).

its like a numpad soooo

5 is standing 2 is crouching, 236 is qcf