Page 5 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by zeal5050 View Post
    For your viewing pleasure.

Also, the grass looks like shit.
    Spoiler: show
    after about 8 minutes i clicked the button below to watch epic sax guy for 10 hours

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Why is it that these video complaints are always terrible? There are actual legit complaints one can have about this game, as there are problems with it. Not understanding why hitting the button for an ability you don't have access to yet is not one of them. This is not different than WoW, or any RPG in existence. If you try and use abilities you do not have access to, you will stand there looking stupid. How is this complicated? Nor is saying going from the tutorial to the outside world "magically takes you to a far off land". That doesn't happen. You're in exactly the same area. Exactly the same. You can explore the tutorial area you were just at and it's about 5 seconds away from where you are currently standing regardless of what race you choose.

I'd go on, but Christ man.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

I realized how spoiled i am after running my first explorable mode pug today. Group had 2 Elementalists that had no idea what water attunement is. They just sat there spamming fireballs while the group wiped 6 times to the first pull of the run. I had to politely leave after asking them to use water and them refusing.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    I don't remember the starting part of the human zone explaining it very well. That was one of my inputs during the very first stress test, not sure if it was touched upon for release, but if you didnt really understand the whole human vs centaur thing you'd be slightly lost, not as much as he was..but still. As for the graphics, the graphics for the game are great in terms of environments...but for armor and other things it looks like trash. He was right about the whole "didnt revolutionize the quest system" thing because really, it's just a different take, but a different take MMOs need.
    Agree that a lot of armor templates aren't good, and quests are different, but not revolutionary, but for the story, character creation hits about the Centaur, as you can chose that a sibling died to them, and the intro shows them as an enemy, stating they are attacking the town outside. Then, you go through and eventually fight that earth elemental, as an introduction to what a Dynamic Event, at the end of which, it explodes and everything goes black. The story cinematic then explain it's 3 weeks later, you're a hero for what you did, and then sets you off on the chose your own adventure book story.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azure Primrose
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I just got 99% in dredgehaunt cliffs completion, only to find the last skill challenge point's NPC that starts the fight for it was missing. I'm really sort of annoyed about this, especially since a guy who stopped by the same place said that the npc has been gone since this morning.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

That video was terrible and had some seriously rampant misinformation in it.

"It's not like the monster gets harder the more people there are around it."

@_@

but for the story, character creation hits about the Centaur, as you can chose that a sibling died to them, and the intro shows them as an enemy, stating they are attacking the town outside. Then, you go through and eventually fight that earth elemental, as an introduction to what a Dynamic Event, at the end of which, it explodes and everything goes black. The story cinematic then explain it's 3 weeks later, you're a hero for what you did, and then sets you off on the chose your own adventure book story.
    Glad they took that feedback, I just kind of skipped the opening CSs in the last beta I did just because, so wasn't sure on that.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    That video was terrible and had some seriously rampant misinformation in it.

"It's not like the monster gets harder the more people there are around it."

@_@
    Well, to be fair, the opening instance which he was talking about did not scale in any way. I made several Human characters and the battle was exactly the same every time no matter how many people attended. I agree most of his points were exaggerated and the end of the video trailed off a bit. However, he was spot on on many important points. The fact that Anet has has been saying "We will release it when it's ready" in the months prior to this abomination is the part that really russells my jimmies.

Classes have some serious balancing issues as well, I'm not going to go into detail because I simply don't care enough at this point, but the gap between jobs like Warrior and Elementalist is huge in terms of pure damage, HP, and defensive abilities. For a game that prided itself on balance and sustainability they sure managed to fuck it up right out of the gate. This is just my opinion, based on observations leveling from 1-80 on both Elementalist and Warrior.

BG Level

Well, warriors do more damage than elementalists and every other class in the game. Assuming they're left to their own devices.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Right, so Warriors have the highest HP, presumably the highest damage output (and easiest), great armor and defense. While Elementalist has the lowest HP pool (nearly 10,000HP less than WAR), crappy light armor and relies on swapping between 4 different elements to do mediocre damage. This is countered by the fact that Elementalist can heal in water attunement? The abilities for healing being wells, which people may or may not stay in because of the rigorous amount of barrel rolling and movement involved in survival. Seems legit.

Elementalist should be the class with the highest damage output. We trade our low HP, weak armor rating and difficult play style for damage. But that's not the case, instead we traded it for sub par heals and condition removal, which are hardly relevant in PvE.

BG Level

Oh, you think ele is weak? Nah son, most versatile class in the game. Combos galore. Ele makes every dungeon easier.

On the flip side, warriors speced for that sweet sweet deeps can't do combos for shit and really don't bring anything special to the table. Totally single minded in their destruction.

Right, so Warriors have the highest HP, presumably the highest damage output (and easiest), great armor and defense. While Elementalist has the lowest HP pool (nearly 10,000HP less than WAR), crappy light armor and relies on swapping between 4 different elements to do mediocre damage. This is countered by the fact that Elementalist can heal in water attunement? The abilities for healing being wells, which people may or may not stay in because of the rigorous amount of barrel rolling and movement involved in survival. Seems legit.

Elementalist should be the class with the highest damage output. We trade our low HP, weak armor rating and difficult play style for damage. But that's not the case, instead we traded it for sub par heals and condition removal, which are hardly relevant in PvE.
    This just comes across as pure bullshit.

Condition removal and regen being irrelevant in PvE, sure bro try running that explorable mode without some form of combo cleansing & regen, see how long you last.
    Elementalists have range on everything, guess that really means you should be able to burst everything down before it gets to you right?, wouldn't want to have to think about using that dodge mechanic they have.

Warriors have higher health/defense/damage(close quarters only) because there's a massive trade off in how often and how hard you get hit while in melee range.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    Sure bro try running that explorable mode without some form of combo cleansing & regen, see how long you last.
    I did this primarily shifting between Air and Earth. Simple. Rarely had to use healing of any kind. I don't know what your problem is. Elementalist having range over WAR is a non-issue when enemies move at 300% movement speed. Get to Orr and see what's up.

fuck farming for mats...

Re: Random Complaint Thread: "GW2 is a bigger letdown than FFXIV"

I did this primarily shifting between Air and Earth. Simple. Rarely had to use healing of any kind. I don't know what your problem is. Elementalist having range over WAR is a non-issue when enemies move at 300% movement speed. Get to Orr and see what's up.
    This guy. Rofl.

BG Level

I'm trying to figure out how he has 2 classes at 80 already. That's some hardcore poopsocking.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    I'm trying to figure out how he has 2 classes at 80 already. That's some hardcore poopsocking.
    Suck. Less. The game is easy as fuck.

Re: Random Complaint Thread: "GW2 is a bigger letdown than FFXIV"

Yes, yessss... the amount of time one spends playing the game directly correlates to how difficult it is to level. It all makes so much sense.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Zeal nobody is denying that they have some balancing to do and it will be an ongoing thing. But you're just coming off as retarded butthurt. If you don't like the game this much then don't play it. Nobody is saying the game is perfect but it's certainly not as bad as you or any other naysayers are claiming.

EDIT: Not only that but everything that guy said is completely irrelevant given that he said himself that he only played the game for 40mins to an hour. Come on now.

BG Level

What's leveling speed got to do with difficulty?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast