Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Blizzard Entertainment has been publicly flirting with the idea of bringing Diablo 3 to consoles for the better part of a year. And while the action-RPG is currently running on unspecified consoles within Blizzard, the developer's chief creative officer tells Polygon that the company is still not ready to talk about its Diablo 3 console plans.

"We're still kind of exploring it," said Blizzard executive Rob Pardo, who was recently promoted from executive vice president of game design to chief creative officer. "We've got builds up and running on it. We're hoping to get it far enough along where we can make it an official project, but we're not quite ready to release stuff about it, but it's looking pretty cool."

Diablo 3 lead designer Jay Wilson reiterated that Blizzard is still "exploring console options" and continues to "expand and add onto the game."

"The whole team is essentially working on the next big Diablo thing," Wilson told Polygon during an interview this weekend. "A lot of that stuff will show up next year at some point."
    http://www.polygon.com/2012/12/10/37...izzard-project

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

PS3 / PS4 confirmed

The fate of Sanctuary will soon rest in the hands of PlayStation gamers around the world. Blizzard Entertainment today announced that it is developing Diablo III, the latest entry in its award-winning action—role-playing-game series, for the Sony PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system. The company also today confirmed plans to adapt the game for Sony’s newly announced PlayStation 4, its next-generation computer entertainment system.

The PS3/PS4 version of Diablo III will be based on the critically acclaimed core experience of the PC version, including all of the latest upgrades, such as the Paragon leveling system, customizable Monster Power, Brawling, and epic Legendary items. In addition, Blizzard is designing an all-new user interface, including an intuitive control scheme and a new dynamic camera perspective, that will make questing and combat in the world of Sanctuary feel like second nature on PlayStation platforms. Players will be able to battle their way through the story in single-player mode and also experience the hack-and-slash joy of destroying demons and collecting loot together with their friends via seamless four-player online and local co-op modes.

Blizzard also announced today that the PS3 version of Diablo III will be shown live at PAX East, taking place at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center from March 22—24. Attendees there will be the first in the world to pick up a controller and experience the fast-paced action and visceral gameplay of Diablo III via the new custom-designed interface.

“Diablo III looks and plays great on the PlayStation,” said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “We put a lot of care and thought into the PlayStation version to make sure it would deliver an authentic Diablogaming experience, and we’re really pleased with the results. We can’t wait for players to try it out at PAX East.”

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

So PC was a Beta the whole time? /sarcastic surprised

LOL at spending $60 on the PC version.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    So PC was a Beta the whole time? /sarcastic surprised

LOL at spending $60 on the PC version.
    I thought the pc version was just a way for us to pay for a year of wow and starcraft + hots.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

lolblizzard can't wait for the company to die once the WoW ship sinks.

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

We've known D3 was coming to console since before it launched for PC. Nothing new here. And you're crazy if you think WoW dying will kill Blizzard.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Kisamoo View Post
    lol[insert game company] can't wait for the company to die once the [flagship game] ship sinks.
    I hate when people say this. It's not going to happen. And Blizz is one of the better ones at that.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Diablo has no more legs. Online only BS, crappy design deviation from D2, and Jay Wilson getting canned (tho, might be a positive)

Starcraft is losing momentum to League of Legends and HOTS doesn't seem to be changing that and if you don't think LoL and Starcraft are related in terms of players clearly you know nothing about the shift in the pro scene from SC to LoL. tldr; LoL salaries >>>>>> SC2 salaries for tournaments, streaming, sponsorship, your mom. A mediocore (Gold-Diamond) LoL player can make can make more money streaming than some of the best SC2 players.

If WoW's latest expansion is any indication, Blizzard is losing touch with their core audience.

All Blizzard has left is Warcraft 4, the next WoW expansion and maybe a Diablo expansion (gonna be so lols). They may not die today, or tomorrow but each misstep for a company that huge hurts them hard especially when their beloved brands are on the line (RIP Diablo).

I don't always post, but when I do....
    BG Level

As hated the idea, it's only logical that this was going to be ported to consoles. Considering that its an untapped market for Blizzard, at least something that hasn't been touched for a long time, it only benefits them. Having another format that has a huge and growing player base is a bad thing obviously /sarcasm. Hell we may see Ghost.

With that said, having a well made multiplayer game that you can play locally that isn't Rock Band, Mario Party, or Smash Brothers sounds promising to me.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Diablo has no more legs. Online only BS, crappy design deviation from D2, and Jay Wilson getting canned (tho, might be a positive)

Starcraft is losing momentum to League of Legends and HOTS doesn't seem to be changing that and if you don't think LoL and Starcraft are related in terms of players clearly you know nothing about the shift in the pro scene from SC to LoL. tldr; LoL salaries >>>>>> SC2 salaries for tournaments, streaming, sponsorship, your mom. A mediocore (Gold-Diamond) LoL player can make can make more money streaming than some of the best SC2 players.

If WoW's latest expansion is any indication, Blizzard is losing touch with their core audience.

All Blizzard has left is Warcraft 4, the next WoW expansion and maybe a Diablo expansion (gonna be so lols). They may not die today, or tomorrow but each misstep for a company that huge hurts them hard especially when their beloved brands are on the line (RIP Diablo).
    All of that is irrelevant. You do know Ultima Online/EQ/FFXI/EQ2 still exist and are still P2P right? WoW isn't dying anytime soon. And it still has more than enough subs to keep it running. None of what they've release have been failures money-wise. To think D3 won't sell well on consoles is mayad goggles blinding you.

Blizzard is doing just fine. It's the same old story you hear from people saying FFXI= dead game Eq = dead game etc. etc. These games will probably out live most of us lol.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    All of that is irrelevant. You do know Ultima Online/EQ/FFXI/EQ2 still exist and are still P2P right? WoW isn't dying anytime soon. And it still has more than enough subs to keep it running. None of what they've release have been failures money-wise. To think D3 won't sell well on consoles is mayad goggles blinding you.

Blizzard is doing just fine. It's the same old story you hear from people saying FFXI= dead game Eq = dead game etc. etc. These games will probably out live most of us lol.
    lol I don't care how many subs Blizz has or how many games they sell, their games are shit and they're out of touch. Once they get over remaking the same games over and over again (expansions, sc2 being a carbon copy of sc1) they'll have nothing left. Fact: LOL is the biggest thing to happen to the gaming industry in a long time and the idea, formula, talent making it was all right under Blizzard's nose for years but they didn't touch it. Those people are now making LoL and DOTA2.

Times change, people change, and soon Blizzard won't be able to rely on nostalgia fags to eat up their shit anymore. But hey, Diablo 3 was a great game that lived up to its name and had absolutely 0 drama, MOP re-invigorated WoW and SC2 has taken the global e-sports scene by storm. But, none of those things happened and Blizzard is just floating on old IPs and WoW money. BUT WAIT SURELY BLIZZARD WILL RELEASE AN ORIGINAL IP WORTHY OF THEIR NAME AND RECLAIM THEIR GLORY AS THE PCS SAVIOR RIGHT?!............ or... they'll release Diablo 3 on PS3/4.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

lol I don't care how many subs Blizz has or how many games they sell,
    I mean, you know that how many subs they have and how many games they sell is going to relate on whether this:

lolblizzard can't wait for the company to die once the WoW ship sinks.
    will happen, right?

Thanks for proving exactly why I hate it when people say this kind of thing.

Just because you're bitter doesn't mean the company is dying.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zimt Zucker
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I hope once they've got the PS3 controls handled, they'll release a PC version of the console controls as well. I'd much rather play that way.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

So much pointless hatred. Diablo 3 is a great game and WoW isn't going anywhere.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    I mean, you know that how many subs they have and how many games they sell is going to relate on whether this:

will happen, right?

Thanks for proving exactly why I hate it when people say this kind of thing.

Just because you're bitter doesn't mean the company is dying.
    Of course Blizzard isn't dying. Nor will selling 12 million units of Diablo 3 or 9 million WoW subs contribute to that. Obviously. Okay. However, as a Blizzard fan since WC1 and even Blackthorne on SNES I haven't been happy with their releases and would be okay with them dying. Is Diablo 3 on PS3/4 a game changer? (even on PC) No. But, historically Blizzard has been a company that has 'changed the game'. Now they're a game-mill for old Blizzard North IPs.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

What's the current status on playing Diablo III to make cash anyway? (Will that function even be available for the console version?)

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Possibly interested if it includes an expansion pack of content, otherwise I'll wait for the expansion to hit first, since it's been my game plan for the previously PC-exclusive release. Couch co-op will be great if they manage to make the interface workable without hogging the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantih View Post
    (Will that function even be available for the console version?)
    I would assume highly doubtful. Not sure if an AH would be appropriate at all on the console releases.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast