1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 1 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 17 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 16 hours, 1 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    I like to eat food
    BG Level

Hells yeah. First double post I can remember doing!

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

I'm rerolling from scratch. Every bit helps.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    I saw a post somewhere that said head start was going to be 4 days long, but can't remember the source so can't comment on how reliable it would be.
    They asked Yoshi about how much during the last live letter (part 2) at E3 and he said pretty much "one... two... maybe three days..." and that was all he wanted to say about it. I'm sure if it's a decent head-start, he didn't want to blurt it out and bum out all the non-legacy peasants.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    They asked Yoshi about how much during the last live letter (part 2) at E3 and he said pretty much "one... two... maybe three days..." and that was all he wanted to say about it. I'm sure if it's a decent head-start, he didn't want to blurt it out and bum out all the non-legacy peasants.
    No, he was asked how long it would be between Phase 4 and the head start, as in what the downtime would be. I'm pretty sure the head start duration has always been 5 days.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    Still no invite sadly. Oooh welll.
    You aren't the only one. I submitted a ticket Friday evening through their customer support site and finally received this yesterday:

Thank you for contacting the SQUARE ENIX Support Center.
    This email has been sent to notify you that your ticket was received and will be responded to within 2 business days (48 hours) of receipt.
    The business I work for does help-desk type support for a piece of software and if we had a 3 day ticket confirmation time OR (let alone AND) a two day initial response time, we'd be out of business. I guess that even with the development restructuring, they haven't bothered to do anything about their customer support problems. And to be honest, their customer support issues are one of my major gripes with any of their games/services. They generally put out a good product (FFXIV 1.0 being the exception that proves the rule).

Meh, guess I'm just bitching because I really want to try the game and see for myself the changes since 1.0.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Sorry for the double post, but it's been a long while since I played 1.0. Have they added an Auction House yet? Or is it still going into a dark little room and examining every retainer in sight hoping you don't miss an item and/or a better deal on said item?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Bardicrune View Post
    Sorry for the double post, but it's been a long while since I played 1.0. Have they added an Auction House yet? Or is it still going into a dark little room and examining every retainer in sight hoping you don't miss an item and/or a better deal on said item?
    Markets are now handled through "Market Boards" located in a couple of places in each city. It's essentially just an item search interface, no separate zones, no retainers to visit, and best of all, all of the markets are linked.

If you're looking for a "Golden Turd of Mind", then it'll list all Golden Turds of Mind sold anywhere. It is literally impossible to purchase an item any other way now (except manual item trading), since bazaars have been done away with.

I'm not sure why they were so reluctant to call that an auction house, because that's essentially what it is, minus the whole concept of bidding. You either pay the listed price or you don't.

Oh, it should also be mentioned that, since you don't have to "place" your retainer, you can sell items and still access your retainer from anywhere at the same time. Item selling is done simply by placing the item on the retainer, then instructing them to sell it for a particular price.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Using my 1.0 chara because I want to play with a few close friends who have a bunch of 50's, but my highest character is like 30-something craft, since I didn't want to "spoil" the leveling process of jobs that I'd hopefully eventually enjoy playing with, like Pug and Lnc. Of course that means I'm going to be at a massive, massive disadvantage, but if I want to dick around on a new server, I'll just make another character of a different race and play in a completely different way.

I don't think I can "lose" either way, so I'm looking forward to either or.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bardicrune View Post
    You aren't the only one. I submitted a ticket Friday evening through their customer support site and finally received this yesterday:

The business I work for does help-desk type support for a piece of software and if we had a 3 day ticket confirmation time OR (let alone AND) a two day initial response time, we'd be out of business. I guess that even with the development restructuring, they haven't bothered to do anything about their customer support problems. And to be honest, their customer support issues are one of my major gripes with any of their games/services. They generally put out a good product (FFXIV 1.0 being the exception that proves the rule).

Meh, guess I'm just bitching because I really want to try the game and see for myself the changes since 1.0.
    I'd also say it probably has something to do with the smaller than normal staff size they are likely employing for the Beta phase. Unless, of course, your problem was with a Square-Enix member or subscription site itself and not ARR specifically then my theory goes right out the window.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

29.99 and 49.99 Digital editions from Amazon offer the same head start?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    29.99 and 49.99 Digital editions from Amazon offer the same head start?
    Pre-ordering anything that isn't the yet-unavailable digital CE upgrade will get you the same early access.

Played a bit of ff14 back then for a couple of months and got tired of it.

1. Am I not considered legacy player? How come I couldn't get the onion stuffs from moogle.
    2. After digging some infos whatnot, how do relics work in ff14? same like ff11's? What about this materia stuff?
    3. Is there any proper bg wiki like for ff14?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

1) Probably not. The legacy campaign was during a specific time period (was during a time when there was a monthly subscription)
    2) Relics in ff14 are far different from those in ff11. These are much easier to obtain are should be considered mandatory end game gear. A somewhat lengthy quest with several instances and primal fights is involved.
    2b) Materia are little add-ons that you can put on gear to boost that gears slots. A strength V materia is +10 strength. You can meld that to a piece of gear to add +10str to that gear.
    3) Not that I'm aware of

Legacy has nothing to do with onion gear, that's a pre-order or CE thing.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Speaking of onion stuff, if we used the codes on our 1.0 char for helm/shoes, and choose to not import or old characters has SE said if we can get them on our new characters?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    Speaking of onion stuff, if we used the codes on our 1.0 char for helm/shoes, and choose to not import or old characters has SE said if we can get them on our new characters?
    Codes aren't registered to characters, they're registered to accounts. All characters created with that account will have those items.

Is there a guide or some sort on how to claim the rewards? I'd like to know whether I'm eligible to any of them.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Kaope View Post
    Is there a guide or some sort on how to claim the rewards? I'd like to know whether I'm eligible to any of them.
    One would hope that the instructions for how to claim rewards would be located alongside the codes. There are currently just two types of bonuses, one for pre-ordering the game, and one for getting/upgrading-to the collector's edition.

This won't answer your question per se, but it does list the rewards.
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/product/

I thought there's a hermes shoe available if you also have ff11? Can't seem to find it anywhere.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Kaope View Post
    I thought there's a hermes shoe available if you also have ff11? Can't seem to find it anywhere.
    Since they nixed the FF11 + FF14 discount, I'm inclined to think they might've nixed the Hermes Shoes too... I don't think anyone is sure on that one. IF that bonus still exists, I believe it is calculated at character creation time, so if you're not still paying for FF11, you probably won't get the shoes on any new character.

That said, I think people can probably get by without: "Increases Sprint Duration in City-States". Thanks to xivdb.com for mining that up, I had wondered what they might change the effect of those shoes to!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast