1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 44 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 15 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 22 hours, 44 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 11 hours, 15 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 380 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

People thinking that if you buy 4 copies of the game to use 4 different accounts to lv 4 differnt crafts

You are a cheater and can monipolize the market

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    So, the "DPS Healer" craze.

Started with this topic; OF had a bitchfest reaction to the OP: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...and-here-s-why.
    *cough*

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

That explains why recently I've been going under 1k hp in wanderer's (non speed run) and ak while the sch/whm's are still trying to do damage. It's been so bad that in DF I have to actually use shield oath....which is annoying :/

I ask nicely if they can at least keep me at half life and I get bitched at.....

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Those are bad healers trying to DPS, and used as "evidence" that the practice shouldn't be done.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Random Fail thread in media subforum is basically that.
    Well fuck, shows how much attention I pay to these things.

Unless you have leveled every job and played every boss snd dungeon as every job then I would still argue there is a lot of content out there to enjoy.
    This game has more content than any mmo's release since 2004 by the way.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post1569153

http://forum.unity3d.com/attachment....1&d=1377691686

You don't care about your animations.

I've got used to the animation-first system and there's nothing inherently wrong about it.

There are people who like turn based combat. There are people who like full action.
    There are people who like first person camera. There are people who like third person.

There's nothing wrong with FFXIV's animation-first system. It's a design choice.
    Don't use Rage of Halone when you think you'll need a cooldown. You don't have to press it because the button lightened up
    It will look awfully retarded to have animations be cut off halfway and start another one just to be cut off again.
    Your character will look like he/she is having an epileptic fit - Immersion much?
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post1569930

I don't even know what to think anymore.

I don't think I've ever seen a community that will say literally anything to whiteknight their game quite like the FFXIV fanboys. They'll happily look like complete fools for the purpose of defending their game against any and all perceived criticism. If you have something to say that in any way deviates from the general tune of "FFXIV is the best thing that ever existed," you're utterly retarded and should go back to WoW where you belong. Is it really any wonder SE are so disinclined to fix problems or raise their developmental facilities to a reasonable standard? They've been phoning it in for years and are getting away with it because they can do no wrong in the eyes of their sycophant fans. There's some element of this in any game's community, but never have I seen it so prevalent as there. The OF is their church.

It is true with any game, anyone that spends more time on a game's forum than the actual game is not going to represent the views of people who actually play the game.

We are lucky SE never listened to their users in the first place, it is the one lesson they didn't have to learn the hard way.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

If people didn't use their +1 Relics to SR WP and gear up every job they had, they wouldn't be bored.
    This is what the OF actually believes

I understand why you hate lalafell

Quote Originally Posted by biglarsen View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen a community that will say literally anything to whiteknight their game quite like the FFXIV fanboys. They'll happily look like complete fools for the purpose of defending their game against any and all perceived criticism. If you have something to say that in any way deviates from the general tune of "FFXIV is the best thing that ever existed," you're utterly retarded and should go back to WoW where you belong. Is it really any wonder SE are so disinclined to fix problems or raise their developmental facilities to a reasonable standard? They've been phoning it in for years and are getting away with it because they can do no wrong in the eyes of their sycophant fans. There's some element of this in any game's community, but never have I seen it so prevalent as there. The OF is their church.
    Seriously, it's detrimental to the games future. These people will defend anything, and if SE actually reads their forums they'll take the feedback and go "Well it seems 70% of people are happy so I guess we're doing ok!"

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Especially when they're banning the other 30% for calling them on their shenanigans.

Also I think the word "toxic" has lost all meaning now.

Especially when they're banning the other 30% for calling them on their shenanigans.
    Yeah, they've pretty much banned every decent poster from their forums for no reason. I've been banned twice, once for posting a picture where I blacked out everyones names except my own, was told I was "being mean to the community" yet you couldn't see anyones name, and second for calling someone annoying, saying that's "being mean to the community" as well. Really?

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Fojoop View Post
    Seriously, it's detrimental to the games future. These people will defend anything, and if SE actually reads their forums they'll take the feedback and go "Well it seems 70% of people are happy so I guess we're doing ok!"
    Its no different now than it was when XI was prominent. BG itself had a "no WoW vs. XI discussions" rule that might still be in place because of the rampant fanboyism. The only difference is that most sane posters have wound up playing both styles of games and can speak from experience and logic instead of with blind passion.

but I don't find it at all fun dealing with the typical hardcore/min/maxers/elitests/crybabies/gearcheckers that inhabit the coil. Actually It's sort of good for the community that these people run out of stuff to do. Unless you want more GEARED/+1ONLY/EXP ONLY shouts in Mor Dhona.
    my character number is 6612. I had 37 hours played for this game last week. I have one lvl 50. botanist. you don't decide whether or not I play the game 'enough' or 'incorrectly' or whatever. you are not speaking for the majority, and neither do I.
    Reading the forum's you'd think everyone is at Turn 5 in the Coil. I wish SE would realize some statistics about the current level breakdown. I'm pretty sure the average subscriber is maybe level 30 or lower.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post1570416

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Also I think the word "toxic" has lost all meaning now.
    Who the fuck started that trend anyway? It annoys the shit out of me.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Alt thread keeps getting better and better.

Quote Originally Posted by Musashidon View Post
    also alts are for rp reason only. no other reason for it. it's that simple or people who think that the myth cap and coil lockout is unfair and uses multiple characters but that wasn't intended but it's not wrong either so yes se has made alts for rp reason only.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Fojoop View Post
    Yeah, they've pretty much banned every decent poster from their forums for no reason. I've been banned twice, once for posting a picture where I blacked out everyones names except my own, was told I was "being mean to the community" yet you couldn't see anyones name, and second for calling someone annoying, saying that's "being mean to the community" as well. Really?
    Don't even waste your time with the moderation. It seems if someone decides to bitch move and report you, they take action regardless of validity. I've seen enough threads where people say vitriolic things and get away with it to realize that the mods are a joke, the criteria for bans/perma-bans are arbitrary and XIVs forums are shaping up to look like the shit of every other MMO on the market.

If SE is looking at their forums, half the largest threads are TORtanic/XI vs. XIV/THIS GAME SUCKS related.

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    Don't even waste your time with the moderation. It seems if someone decides to bitch move and report you, they take action regardless of validity. I've seen enough threads where people say vitriolic things and get away with it to realize that the mods are a joke, the criteria for bans/perma-bans are arbitrary and XIVs forums are shaping up to look like the shit of every other MMO on the market.

If SE is looking at their forums, half the largest threads are TORtanic/XI vs. XIV/THIS GAME SUCKS related.
    This seems pretty much completely accurate. I was just reading some posts where people were insulting someone with actual insults and the posts are still sitting there. One day I watched as like 5 threads with nothing bad in the OP mysteriously disappear in the span of five minutes...

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 380 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast