Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Is there some trick to the new zone? Everywhere I go is a deadend.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

The belief right now is that the colonization rate affects which doors are open. Here is a map someone made on FFXIAH that shows the current paths:

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/42...-discussion/6/

Campaign
    BG Level

So only one new quest added this patch, the one in Ra'kaznar, right?
    Is there a compilation of new things (not items) added in this patch somewhere on BGwiki? I wanted to check the GEO/RUN relic quests and the new assignments.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Revati View Post
    Is there some trick to the new zone? Everywhere I go is a deadend.
    If you find "roots" going through the floor, they can be used to descend to a lower floor/map of the area. You can then move up/down on the map to get to other parts of the map that would be normally blocked by doors.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Silvery plate is for north elevator on map 1.
    The left room (C-8) behind a reive on map 2 is closed off by a door.
    The right room (L-8) behind a reive on map 2 have a non targetable door that looks like the entrance at map 1 from inside.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aumaan Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Here's a tacky but probably complete markup of the blocking doors, connections between floors, and reives:

The entrance is the center of the eastern side of the top map.
    Red stuff: Colonization/Lair Reives
    Blue stuff: Untargettable closed doors, plus a cliff in the wrong direction in that southeastern room.
    Yellow stuff: Floor connections, not labeled but they all line up between the two maps. The three elevator plaforms in the middle go both ways, the rest are one-way drops from the first map to the second.

The door placement seems way too Hu'Xzoi to be something that's going to open up with changes in colonization rate or whatever. Almost everything is reachable, it's just a pain in the ass sometimes. The only totally blocked stuff is the four corners on the first floor, the far west room on the second floor, and the eastern of the four elevator platforms on the top floor(my money's on there being elevators to the various submaps in those five circular rooms we can't get to around the edge, that we activate using the KI that doesn't seem to do anything yet (edit: I guess it lets you use the northern elevator shaft, per Stan above, so it has a current use)).

Usually they're pretty good about making it possible to always be able to walk out of all areas, but in this zone, it seems that if you drop into the northern section of the basement, via either of the two northern drops, there is no way out without warping. In the eastern room there's a structure that matches the entrance, but you can't interact with it. You can get to the eastern door to the central elevator shaft, but it's not targettable either, and even if it was, the path from the eastern side on the top floor is totally blocked.

As far as interesting mobs go, there's Ironclads in the four square corner rooms on the bottom floor, Dullahans in the middle-western room on both floors, coineachs/skullsperms/whatever in with the Dullahans in the basement, Unseelie in a few of the northern rooms on the top floor, and oversized single butterflies in the rectangular room at F7/8 on the top floor.

Oh, and there are mining points but I don't know what's in them- seems like they mostly were in the 4-small-rooms-in-a-square formations all over, frequently right next to the vines.

The Zilarty light-up-floors are in the four diamond-shaped rooms in the basement. The north and south big rooms on the top floor look like they might have huge doors blocking the little nub sticking out of them on the map, but it's hard to tell. The whole time I was in there, Lovecraft's favorite descriptive word "cyclopean" kept running through my head, heh.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The doors definitely change position with SOMETHING or other. When I first explored the zone, after dropping through the first vine, I could go past the G-10 door to that reive and go further west. However, now if I go that same path, that door is blocked, and I have to go up that elevator.

Campaign
    BG Level

Maybe there's a timer like the bushes in Yorcia?

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

could it also have something to do with the suspended sculptures?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Dunno if anyone mentioned it, but the hp%+ on melee gaiters (+2) is wiped when it is reforged, so it would be safe to say it's gone unless explicitlity stated.

Campaign
    BG Level

It's also safe to assume that they don't have +kick damage, since it's not a "hidden" stat anymore and it's specified on the Anchorite+1.
    Gonna have to wait for Tantra Feet+3!
    Meanwhile Reforged Melee legs are lookin good. lv119 version will probably be best TP piece for MNK?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Gonna have to redo them all if you want the JA bonuses on some though :\

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by sluggo View Post
    Gonna have to redo them all if you want the JA bonuses on some though :\
    you might wanna recheck finished ilvl relic gear they have ja augments on them they just dont apear on bg wiki armor list because its an augment

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

DISCUSSION: 2/17/2014 Version Update

Quote Originally Posted by sluggo View Post
    Dunno if anyone mentioned it, but the hp%+ on melee gaiters (+2) is wiped when it is reforged, so it would be safe to say it's gone unless explicitlity stated.
    You lost the % but did gain lot of HP for some class is not comparable to the %...

As tarutaru I'm getting more HP now than using them with %, for a galka for sure is a loss

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    could it also have something to do with the suspended sculptures?
    I think those are just environmental hazards.

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    The doors definitely change position with SOMETHING or other. When I first explored the zone, after dropping through the first vine, I could go past the G-10 door to that reive and go further west. However, now if I go that same path, that door is blocked, and I have to go up that elevator.
    I thought the same but thought I just remembered it wrong. Maybe it's different each day? Or we just slipped our minds really.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    you might wanna recheck finished ilvl relic gear they have ja augments on them they just dont apear on bg wiki armor list because its an augment
    I still haven't got used to clicking on that.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

edit: i donut know how to use search function

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    edit: i donut know how to use search function

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

thanks for the reply, considering I shouldn't have asked in the first place

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

How bout dat pup haste pretty damn happy honestly. With my ideal pup TP master set, and turbo 1 and 2 equipped, im capping pet equip haste with 1 wind maneuver and getting an , as yet undefined, ammount of additional haste.
    At three wind maneuvers the auto attacks like it has double marches+haste spell. Approx (eyeball math) 1.8 sec between melee rounds. .... still changed my mythic to a burtgang :/