BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    linked to what? wildkeepers and? when's the last time you saw someone seriously doing a wildkeeper reive? for that matter, when were wildkeeper reives ever relevant for more than 1~2 weeks at a time? how many people do you truly believe ever bothered capping places like Mummer's or Inventor's coalitions? The Coalition rank/Assignment system was completely irrelevant and pointless, there was no reason to devote any amount of time to it prior to this. At least with assault, einherjar, and nyzul you had other things come from it, like, relevant equipment. You had an actual reason to do them.
    how is haveing all of this useless via coal assignments:

- frontier station teles
    - bivacs (because i m sure people woul love walking from adoulin or the FS station to delve entrance), a half month ago the bivacs in morimar would go poop makeing you walk to delve
    - skirmish parts for entering
    - crafting rings
    - use waypoints to tele to other towns
    - coal gear was at some point used and is still ok especially when you came back
    - maps
    - skill up food for synthing in inventors
    - sigil buffs that got better (4hit sam back then?)
    - wkr tied to colo rate/getting bayld, gear was very relevant, hell i still use like 5-6 pieces from them
    probably other stuff i am forgetting

now tell me you didnt make use of 80% of that list that other people build it up for the ones that arent bothering with coal assignments.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yeager View Post
    So has anyone pinned down the total amount of High Purity Bayld needed for the whole upgrade from start to finish? I want to get a general idea of how much work I have ahead of me.
    I don't think anybody posted data for the last step, but there seems to be a logical scheme where it's 100 > 500 > 2500 > and last step of 12500. Totaling 15.600.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    now tell me you didnt make use of 80% of that list that other people build it up for the ones that arent bothering with coal assignments.
    I agree with you most of the stuff you posted in that list was very useful, but it seems a very weak argument to support your point, if you allow me to say it.
    You didn't need to rank up to legend in coalitions to be granted access to the stuff you said.
    Someone had to do it, but it doesn't necessarily have to be you.

To make a comparison with Mythic weapons, it would be like asking for all coalitions to be max rank on a server to be able to speak to the npc that unlocks the weapon. The SERVER would need it, not necessarily you.
    See the differrence?

Furthermore, for the majority of the stuff you mentioned, you didn't even need to rank up, you could just spam the same low assignments if you wanted.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I kind of suspect the last step is just the 2.5mil plasm item.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Has anyone seen if you can team up for the ergon fights?
    Anyone? Or anyone on bahamut on the Run one want to try? I mean it definitely didn't let my mules in (nor did it let me bring in trust or summon them inside) but also gave the normal message it gives when entering something that pulls in pt members who meet the requirements for an instance.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Teryu View Post
    I kind of suspect the last step is just the 2.5mil plasm item.
    The model so far is: "Some HP Bayld, some Delve items, 200 Skirmish stones."

Initial step: just 100 HP
    First step: 500 HP, 3x items from original areas, 200 Ghastly
    Second step: 2500 HP, 3x items from new Delve areas, 200 Verdigris

Following this model it makese sense that third and last step will be
    Third step: 12500 HP, 2,5k Plasm item, 200 Wailing stones.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    The model so far is: "Some HP Bayld, some Delve items, 200 Skirmish stones."

Initial step: just 100 HP
    First step: 500 HP, 3x items from original areas, 200 Ghastly
    Second step: 2500 HP, 3x items from new Delve areas, 200 Verdigris

Following this model it makese sense that third and last step will be
    Third step: 12500 HP, 2,5k Plasm item, 200 Wailing stones.
    I doubt it would be 12,500. If that third step is the final step, and the previous step is 2500. My guess is it will be 5,000, or if SE is truly diabolical, 10,000

Campaign
    BG Level

As far as we know it could be 100 HP, who knows? But each step is 5 times the previous step. 100>500>2500, so it makes sense the last one would be 12500.
    A total of 15600 is not even so insane. It's more or less the same amount of currency needed for Relic weapons, and when you consider Mythic it's almost half the number of Alexandrites required, so why does 12500 seem "too big" of a number for you given these premises?

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    how is haveing all of this useless via coal assignments:

list of random coalition things from ranking them up

ok, so what part of this list says that each individual needs to get legend in every single one of the coalitions to establish and maintain these benefits? any of them. I've got news for you, on both myself and my mule I've done assignments in most of the useful coalitions to help keep them maintained and rank them up, especially when it was new. do you think that just because you have legend in every coalition that you somehow kept these going solo? or that you and the few others who probably even did the same on your server are responsible for having made and kept the coalition buffs active? don't have such a high opinion, it wasn't just you. the rest of us just didn't bother doing it every single day and getting legend in every coalition.

I think FFXI should be Free-2-Play
    BG Level

Now this is a real concern that I don't understand. They could've easily fixed this with other gear/adjustments (maybe in a not as powerful way but still something) without resorting to mythics. The difference between having it and not is ridiculous since it fixes the job and then goes on and does a little win more that is mythic
    They may release a new easy to obtain weapon that also fix the job in the future, like what they did to PLD and BRD JSE weapons.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Pretty sure their idea of that is Aettir. Problem is, the PDT II on that is negligible. Maybe if Aettir gave 10%~15% or so it'd be more comparable, but that would detract from the usefulness of the Ergon GS. I don't know. Basically, they fucked up.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

The butthurt in here is glorious. The "hardcores" are upset because they werent doing content, just focusing on making gil, and now they cant use that gil to get their shiny in 2 days.

Instead of emoing everywhere, how about being glad that you wont have redo every op a second time to get both weapons?

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Valuable input as always

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Anyone? Or anyone on bahamut on the Run one want to try? I mean it definitely didn't let my mules in (nor did it let me bring in trust or summon them inside) but also gave the normal message it gives when entering something that pulls in pt members who meet the requirements for an instance.
    I tried with a JP Geo shortly after the update, and no luck. She was left out. I haven't even seen anyone talk about what comes after the fight for Run, has anyone beaten it? Only saw the details you gave, and the only thing that stuck out is he uses runes strong t the day, and duel wields swords.

Off topic of the massive lack of foresight QQ train, has anyone tried trading HP Baylds to Runje rather than the Leafkin? None left to try atm, not that I would anyways, but there's a line of her text that stood out to me. If you ask her about the Leafkin, her last line is..

"I's found a way to take those crystallizations and synthesize 'em into choice rings poifect fer a discernin' fencer like yaself."

Fencer is just in general I guess, I'm on Geo when she says this. I didn't see any rings in the .dats that weren't from RoE or presumably Couriers next service (the FS tele rings). Maybe she gives out augmented rings or something with enough HPs? At the risk of giving another use to these, thus increasing their value and making me hate myself, anyone up to try?

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

JP on Valefor that I try to talk to often says he completed it on RUN. Supposedly using Swipe according to his current "weakness", i.e. whichever element is strong to the one he's using, and VP in the same way will cause him to weaken? Or something. It's difficult to communicate properly due to language barrier, but that seems to be what he's saying. Says he used Sushi and had to rely a lot on Swordplay for hitrate. When he tried to bring his alt in with him, it would only allow him to enter alone (the alt would be left outside).

He also said attrition, so it may be that you need to live a certain amount of time instead of actually defeating him?

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    I tried with a JP Geo shortly after the update, and no luck. She was left out. I haven't even seen anyone talk about what comes after the fight for Run, has anyone beaten it? Only saw the details you gave, and the only thing that stuck out is he uses runes strong t the day, and duel wields swords.

Off topic of the massive lack of foresight QQ train, has anyone tried trading HP Baylds to Runje rather than the Leafkin? None left to try atm, not that I would anyways, but there's a line of her text that stood out to me. If you ask her about the Leafkin, her last line is..

"I's found a way to take those crystallizations and synthesize 'em into choice rings poifect fer a discernin' fencer like yaself."

Fencer is just in general I guess, I'm on Geo when she says this. I didn't see any rings in the .dats that weren't from RoE or presumably Couriers next service (the FS tele rings). Maybe she gives out augmented rings or something with enough HPs? At the risk of giving another use to these, thus increasing their value and making me hate myself, anyone up to try?
    There are three "rings" in the temp KI section of the new dats. Those seem to match what you are talking about.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ah yeah, see em. Guess that's the dip in the Ergon Locus KIs for Run, like the concretions are for Geo. Weird that she mentions em in the text like that. Oh well, glad there's no other use, let the prices plummet! :3

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Hmm...
    http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/gui.../index.html#g3
    "???" will act as a substitute for the item required to obtain ergon weapons.Several items in addition to the "???" item will be required to obtain ergon weapons.
    Hmmmm......

Campaign
    BG Level

Maybe it will be a substitute for the HP Bayld currency, similarly to how Cat's eye is a substitute for 30k Alex?

A gigantic waste of space
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Maurauc Baelfyr
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Gobbie Goodie bag gave me 5,500 gil. So pretty much identical to the moogle bags of past. Going to grab the other one to make sure they're the same.
    Also, Smelled it and Dealt It is the best name for a TP move ever.