Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 631 of 649 FirstFirst ... 581 621 629 630 631 632 633 641 ... LastLast
    Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Get the hands for sure if you are learning blue magic.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    It's naked atm; 362 atm will take it to 280 to be safe, then drop 8 merits in it when I get back, pick up a mavi tathulum and get to it. I've read the AF gear has some JP midnight waits and I want to grind these out tonight, so I'll just worry about picking them up after learning some spells.

Gracias
    Do note higher blue magic skills is SUPPOSED to help you learn faster (I think it does, from experience). Therefore, I would spend a night just spamming pollen when you sleep and cap your skill, then proceed to learning.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Karizo View Post
    Do note higher blue magic skills is SUPPOSED to help you learn faster (I think it does, from experience). Therefore, I would spend a night just spamming pollen when you sleep and cap your skill, then proceed to learning.
    I was actually looking for something to help me with that last night but nothing worked; the thingie majigger I tried just had me rest instead of casting magix. I have 1100 minutes in abyssea atm after the pt I just exited, so spamming phys magic on hammering rams since I can do it here w/ refresh atma. Not sure how far the mob will take me though in terms of skill level

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Get the hands for sure if you are learning blue magic.
    aye, thx

Quote Originally Posted by Karizo View Post
    I can substatiate this with.... shitty experience lol

My blue magic learning set at 99 was basically any piece with +skill in it. (RF2 head, RF1 body, RF1 hands cause more skill =/= that effect, AF3+2 pants, and RF1 shoes. Skill is capped AND have 8/8 merits in it too.)
    So far have only needed 1 casting/kill of the new spells from the last update (and all 99 spells for that matter) to learn them.... but then that's not REAL data on the basis of less or more skill... cause as we all know... sometime this game just doesn't want you to learn X spell even if you see it 5000000000 times.

On a different topic, I use Quadratic Continuum as my main phys blue magic damage spell... cause Amorphic spikes had slightly less damage than QC and had more possible negative buffs (amorph vs empty)... and QC+AW was DW without thinking about it.
    But now that that combo is bust from Erratic Flutter... I'm thinking I should give AS another chance. (also CDC>>>>>>Requiscat, so "better" SC there.)
    I dicked around with Thrashing Assault when it came out... but atm just don't have enough points to use it as anything more than "cheap" DA... not to mention it's SC properties are shit. (I want Light or Darkness EVERY chain affinity use!)
    Not to mention that I was unimpressed with the damage it gave... (lv99 spell... 5hit.... less damage than a lv84 4hit spell?? wha?)
    So I was just curious what other ppl like to use for their CA SC phys spell?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Not sure what you're talking about I haven't seen thrashing assault get out damaged by quadratic continuum or amorphic spikes yet. Could just be my sets for those spells are awful but Thrashing Assault tends to do upwards of 500-1k damage over the other 2 on both easy crap and anything in adoulin that I've used blu on. I still set amorphic spikes for darkness but I'll sometimes use thrashing assault with CA for fusion depending on what I'm fighting.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

What skillchain elements is Thrash?

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Fusion/Reverberation

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

On a different topic, I use Quadratic Continuum as my main phys blue magic damage spell... cause Amorphic spikes had slightly less damage than QC and had more possible negative buffs (amorph vs empty)... and QC+AW was DW without thinking about it.
    But now that that combo is bust from Erratic Flutter...
    huh? erratic flutter is fast cast

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

They mean dropping Animating Wail to make room for Erratic Flutter I'm pretty sure.

Yes, Hitou, that is precisely what I mean.
    Hence why I was curious about changing out QC since it no longer gives me DW without worrying about anything.

And your TA numbers are funny... Because that's the exact opposite of what I was getting for it. LoL
    For me, TA was getting ~5~700 less than QC on various Adoulin mobs.
    The same with AS, but far less of a gap. (Like if QC was 4500, AS was 4100 and TA was 3800.)
    I'll probably switch to AS but just was curious about what spell other people preferred and used.

EDIT: After thinking about it... I could just bite the bullet and Chain Affinity Savage Blade>>>Thrashing Assault=>Light... buut.... CDC >_>

Is it impossible to be invited to delve as BLU or is my LS just full of assholes?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by FaeQueenCory View Post
    And your TA numbers are funny... Because that's the exact opposite of what I was getting for it. LoL
    For me, TA was getting ~5~700 less than QC on various Adoulin mobs.
    Maybe gearing issues? Or not taking into account dmg types?

They have the same ftps per hit but TA has an extra hit... same amount of str mod and same amount for their other stat but TA is slightly easier to build for I think since it's dex vs the vit of QC.... by the stats of the spell TA should be decently better

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by NotGreyheim View Post
    Is it impossible to be invited to delve as BLU or is my LS just full of assholes?
    They are, I destroy Delve on my BLU. Delve 1 zones BLU has really great utility with terror, multiple debuffs, stuns etc. Delve 2 you lose a little of that but you can still hold your own.

They are, I destroy Delve on my BLU. Delve 1 zones BLU has really great utility with terror, multiple debuffs, stuns etc. Delve 2 you lose a little of that but you can still hold your own.
    Glad to hear, I'll start looking for a better shell for delve :D

First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

So anyone who has done it care to comment more on the soloing outer raz? Is it just subduction all the things? Do you fight/avoid particular mobs or NMs?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by NotGreyheim View Post
    Unless you have absolutely incredible gear and a really cool group of people, you're not going to get invited to any respectable delve run as blu.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

What debuff is worth it other than frightful roar in case slow/para/silence is already covered by support?

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Gravity is nice for getting rid of any adds since you can outrun them and they depop. Roar/paralyze are the main ones though on the 1~5 NM.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Can blu reliably stun the MBs on delve1, and what other debuffs will stick from blu spells?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Anyone attempt to make a Savage Blade set and SC it with Thrashing Assault? I wonder how Savage Blade compares to CDC with the right set and perhaps slightly higher TP stored up, since its damage is TP based.