+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: World Championships 2014     submit to reddit submit to twitter

I agree with what was being said earlier, Hai is a HUGE bottleneck on C9. How can you ban Syndra then take Zed, and then he's done... That's it. 2 champs. Learn some Ziggs, LB, Yasuo... SOMETHING.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Leblanc is garbage tier now.

You'd be better served playing Zilean especially with the tendency to lean towards hyper carries

Zilean is usually banned out though, that or they wouldn't be able to pick it.

I just watched the KBM and ALL game...

>___________________________________>;

Shootin' rocks at monsters
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    I agree with what was being said earlier, Hai is a HUGE bottleneck on C9. How can you ban Syndra then take Zed, and then he's done... That's it. 2 champs. Learn some Ziggs, LB, Yasuo... SOMETHING.
    Until Lemon started playing Janna more, I felt he was just as much a liability: if he could coach them on pick/bans while not playing, he'd be contributing everything essential to the team that he does now, but someone with better in-game decision making could not set them so far behind.

Hai's mechanically weak, but if he is the legit shot-caller that C9 makes him out to be, then I have to give props for how well C9 adjusted to and played against NWS. And it wasn't the Talon pick that screwed them in either game-- the first game, all lanes lost. The second talon game, Hai screwed them, but it was by not taking that open inhibitor and instead running up to fight a meaningless fight. It was a bad decision.

I do agree Hai needs a larger pool for early/mid-game domination comps, though. He was so comfortable in season 3, and even in spring split. What happened?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Skullcrusher

http://pickem.lolesports.com/#series...51415/my-picks

My bracket for the tourney pickem. Join me!

I agree, Hai did well with his first game, like I said, but 2nd game, that running away from the open inhib when their strat was pull people away and get the damn inhibs.

talon was a bad pick with nidalee, they just got lucky catching NWS off guard

wotg torrent kitty :3
    BG Level

http://pickem.lolesports.com/#series...47037/my-picks

I honestly believe SSW is the best team in the world right now but they seem to forget that whenever they face SSB.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

the hype coming into worlds, stated by nearly every analyst and the general consensus of reddit was that korea would not drop a game.

they did not even make it out of groups before they dropped 3. also you quoted a part of a sentence, that is literally the definition of taking something out of context. korea has not been as good at worlds as they were expected in either season, i'm sorry.

all i'm saying is every year i expect korea as in all the teams in the region, to live up to what everyone says and they never have.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    the hype coming into worlds, stated by nearly every analyst and the general consensus of reddit was that korea would not drop a game.
    That's nowhere near true.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

General consensus of Reddit, guys. There's no more balanced collection of knowledgeable people anywhere in the world.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I thought Korea would lose a few games, I still thought white would win

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Viq View Post
    General consensus of Reddit, guys. There's no more balanced collection of knowledgeable people anywhere in the world.
    Seriously, even the conductor of the hype train didn't think Korea would go undefeated.

Also, Hai's champ pool is decent. It's not amazing, but he is fine and one of the better mids in NA/EU. Even if he isn't that good, he is still indispensable as the best shot-caller in NA. He was a maestro in their last two games against Shield.

He needs to start going long range clear. Maybe play some Ziggs, Ahri, maybe even Xerath.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

He needs to start going long range clear. Maybe play some Ziggs, Ahri, maybe even Xerath.
    Why? That doesn't really fit with the comps they have been running.

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    Why? That doesn't really fit with the comps they have been running.
    Talon didn't fit into the Nid split push they were running either.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Talon didn't fit into the Nid split push they were running either.
    Talon was used to directly counter Zed. In the first game of Talon vs. Zed, he stayed equal. In the second game, Meteos spotted Zed a first blood which tipped the balance.

And Talon and Nid created one of the only chances for them to win the game, Talon was fine for splitting there.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Much like season 3 worlds, Orianna is showing up as a safe lane counter to assassins that allows for a great deal of utility and decent wave clear in the mid and late game. In the group stage, Orianna has been used as a fairly successful counter to both Yasuo and Fizz. Of course, straight up banning out Dade's Yasuo is a better idea than trying to counter it. C9 was one of the few teams that didn't run Ori at least once, and she was virtually always up. There was only one Orianna ban in all of group stages, and it came early on against EDG.

I don't know how feasible it is for Hai to have a tournament-ready Orianna by the weekend, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see a lot more of her as the tournament goes on. She's also a good pick against most of Dade's best champions. There is a chance for it to be a contested pick should Yasuo make it through the ban phase. Both Dade and Hai play Yasuo, but Dade has shown his ability to successfully pick Ori into Yasuo against OMG.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BadKarma View Post
    Leblanc is garbage tier now.

You'd be better served playing Zilean especially with the tendency to lean towards hyper carries
    Garbage tier? LOL

If you are going by win rate, she has always been garbage tier. If you are going by damage output, then she hasn't changed at all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast