1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 3 hours, 51 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 20 hours, 8 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 20 hours, 51 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 13 hours, 8 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: ACT question     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Didn't seem to work for me. Might have to make an outside PT to test that out on.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Just recently started having an issue where ACT starts a new encounter ever 1-2 seconds even though I'm still engaged and fighting a target. Anyone else encounter this issue? Thoughts on fixing it?

I'll probably just re-install and hope that fixes it.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Joyo Mojo
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Kul Tiras

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    I tried everything in these steps (Except the first since there was no files in that location) but nothing. I also fired off the macro I was told to copy/paste but nothing seemed to happen.

However, after I alt-tabbed out of the game I did notice some kind of TP Manager program on my task bar. Did I derp up somewhere?
    When i tried the plugin at first nothing showed up for me either but i did see the TP window during alt tab.
    Here is how i got it to show up ingame:
    -Fixed mode instead of Offset mode for party. Offset placed the TP like way off screen for me.
    - Have Scale ticked. Unticking this one makes the overlay disappear for me for some reason.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmakan View Post
    Just recently started having an issue where ACT starts a new encounter ever 1-2 seconds even though I'm still engaged and fighting a target. Anyone else encounter this issue? Thoughts on fixing it?

I'll probably just re-install and hope that fixes it.
    Fixed this issue by disabling the network connectivity, but a weird side effect is that my parse now parses me (and only me) 10% lower DPS

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmakan View Post
    Fixed this issue by disabling the network connectivity, but a weird side effect is that my parse now parses me (and only me) 10% lower DPS
    Missing data (and thus lower/incorrect parses) was the main reason I added the network parse mode to the ACT plugin. Warriors' Heavy Swing hits were being lost, sometimes a significant number of them. A few Maims were also being lost, but I didn't see data getting lost for other jobs. It's possible that it has gotten worse since 2.4, I haven't personally tested. This was only happening for the parsing player, not other people on their War, so my suspicion is that FFXIV was optimizing processing the active player's skills as quickly as possible and they were overwritten in memory before the plugin could capture them. I spent weeks trying to increase the memory scan rate, but MS-Windows does stupid things like put threads to sleep for 500ms, making it impossible without a kernel driver.

I haven't been able to reproduce the new encounter issue, but if changing parsing mode worked for you, that is quite surprising. If you'd be willing to send me the network logs where the problem occurs, maybe I'll see something in there that points to the cause - my email is ravahn (at) Hotmail.com.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rude Jerk
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

I'm having some really strange issues with ACT creating new encounters during T9 even with my new encounter setting at 45 seconds and I'm pretty sure the damage numbers are off quite a bit as well. Is there a setting I could be overlooking? The test game connection works fine. I've checked most of my settings against a friend that's not having this issue - considering reinstalling ACT completely to see if it fixes this.

http://puu.sh/d8SZ4/4a78f50df7.png

Anyone else have a problem with the TP plugin settings giving errors when you try to customize the colors?

Hovering over it says "Intersects the EndTP of another row".

No matter what I set the numbers for the 2nd row to it still gives the error message.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

You have them set up in the incorrect order. Go 0 > 1000 descending. You can also do them 0-300 | 300-500 | 500-1000 and they should work.

Thanks.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Ravahn View Post
    Missing data (and thus lower/incorrect parses) was the main reason I added the network parse mode to the ACT plugin. Warriors' Heavy Swing hits were being lost, sometimes a significant number of them. A few Maims were also being lost, but I didn't see data getting lost for other jobs. It's possible that it has gotten worse since 2.4, I haven't personally tested. This was only happening for the parsing player, not other people on their War, so my suspicion is that FFXIV was optimizing processing the active player's skills as quickly as possible and they were overwritten in memory before the plugin could capture them. I spent weeks trying to increase the memory scan rate, but MS-Windows does stupid things like put threads to sleep for 500ms, making it impossible without a kernel driver.

I haven't been able to reproduce the new encounter issue, but if changing parsing mode worked for you, that is quite surprising. If you'd be willing to send me the network logs where the problem occurs, maybe I'll see something in there that points to the cause - my email is ravahn (at) Hotmail.com.
    I havent encountered this issue again. I changed an option under the FFXIV plugin to reduce the CPU usage (I forget what the setting name is) and that seems to have fixed it.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bokchoy Mcnuggets
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I'm having a problem with ACT where it randomly takes numbers and divides them by 10.

For example, our Scholar takes 300-400 damage from Gigaflare while everyone else is taking 3000-4000.

Also, Final Heaven is only dealing 1/10 of what it actually deals, according to my ACT.

Anyone experience a similar problem? Anyone knows what could be causing this or how to fix it?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by bokchoykn View Post
    I'm having a problem with ACT where it randomly takes numbers and divides them by 10.

For example, our Scholar takes 300-400 damage from Gigaflare while everyone else is taking 3000-4000.

Also, Final Heaven is only dealing 1/10 of what it actually deals, according to my ACT.

Anyone experience a similar problem? Anyone knows what could be causing this or how to fix it?
    Could you double-click the damage line in ACT and either post here or email me the underlying log line to ravahn (at) Hotmail.com? It should look something like this:

[22:24:11.005] 16:4004F985:Svara:230:Granite Rain:40011111:PLAYERNAME:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:70303:4F: 22:01:0:0:0:0:518:1004

I've noticed that in a few rare cases there may be multiple damage amounts done to a single target from one AOE ability/spell, instead of just a single hit. I believe this is a bug on the FFXIV Servers, but it is possible that there is some unexpected mechanic going on. This second damage amount to the target is recorded by ACT, but the skillname is listed as 'unknown' because I don't know how to handle it. In your case, the first hit amount may be only 300 damage, and the second may be listed under the unknown skill for 3000 damage.

In the normal combat log data inside the game, these extra damage amounts seem to confuse FFXIV and it no longer lists the damage done to other players from that AOE. That's why I think it is a server bug.

Or, it may be something totally different.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Jubei'Thos

Had the same issue when I was looking at Teraflare damage - 1-2 players would only occasionally show 1/10 of the number (for the first couple of full damage teraflares). Don't think I have the original logs anymore though. Will check later.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bokchoy Mcnuggets
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Okay, I solved half of the issue. The person taking 1/10 of the damage is actually Selene/Eos. If you have ACT set to recognize all pet entries as the owner's, it'll also parse damage taken by the Fairy as damage taken by the Scholar.

Still doesn't solve the Final Heaven mystery.

snip.
    Thanks for looking into it.

Final Heaven 3136 dmg

[23:07:05.178] 15:10375D9A:Pandan Cake:CA:Final Heaven:400044F9:Bahamut Prime:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:70803:400C40:0:0:0:0:0:0:124 473:1367609

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Okay, I solved half of the issue. The person taking 1/10 of the damage is actually Selene/Eos. If you have ACT set to recognize all pet entries as the owner's, it'll also parse damage taken by the Fairy as damage taken by the Scholar.

Still doesn't solve the Final Heaven mystery.

Thanks for looking into it.

Final Heaven 3136 dmg

[23:07:05.178] 15:10375D9Aandan Cake:CA:Final Heaven:400044F9:Bahamut Prime:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:70803:400C40:0:0:0:0:0:0:124 473:1367609
    The 070803 number in that line looks good - it confirms this is unaspected limit break damage.

the 00400c40 number is a little confusing though. normally, the lower 4 bytes 0C40 should be the damage amount, but this would mean that only 3136 damage was done, which seems too low. The plugin doesn't currently use the other four bytes (0040) for anything currently, so that may be something new I need to utilize. Can you tell me what the correct damage that should have been done for this hit of final heaven?

EDIT: Digging into some old logs, I found some other incoming mob hits which also had the "40" flag set. this value appears to be a bit flag, where 0x40 shifts left-shifts the value by 1 decimal place. In your case, 3136 should have become 31360. I'll keep looking to be sure, but that isn't too hard to fix. I just need to make sure the flag is only set in these cases, and isn't used for something else.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bokchoy Mcnuggets
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Okay, cool!

Thanks for all the hard work going into ACT. The game is much more enjoyable to play because of it. I think many of us take your hard work for granted.

Expect a Paypal donation soon. =D

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Okay, cool!

Thanks for all the hard work going into ACT. The game is much more enjoyable to play because of it. I think many of us take your hard work for granted.

Expect a Paypal donation soon. =D
    I very much appreciate the thought, but money complicates things, so I only do this for free.

The best way to help with the plugin is to let me know about bugs so I can fix them, and if you are comfortable with it, email me logs created by the plugin so I can regression-test changes. I hardly play FFXIV at all now, so I don't go into most of the new zones to collect my own log data.

For those who are interested in the longer term, I created a github website (project name is FFXIV_ACT_Plugin) to track issues and things. If I ever release the plugin source, it will go up there. This is also a great place to post issues, since it is centralized and public for others to see.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bokchoy Mcnuggets
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I very much appreciate the thought, but money complicates things, so I only do this for free.

The best way to help with the plugin is to let me know about bugs so I can fix them, and if you are comfortable with it, email me logs created by the plugin so I can regression-test changes. I hardly play FFXIV at all now, so I don't go into most of the new zones to collect my own log data.

For those who are interested in the longer term, I created a github website (project name is FFXIV_ACT_Plugin) to track issues and things. If I ever release the plugin source, it will go up there. This is also a great place to post issues, since it is centralized and public for others to see.
    Isn't there a donate option on ACT? Is that only for creator the application itself? You just work on the plugin?

Anyway, your work is very much appreciated.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Isn't there a donate option on ACT? Is that only for creator the application itself? You just work on the plugin?

Anyway, your work is very much appreciated.
    Exactly - that paypal goes to the creator of the main ACT program, Aditu of EQ2, which is a great cause - he has done a lot over the years to make ACT work as a multi-game parser framework.

I work only on the FFXIV plugin, which reads all the data in from game memory and network data, orders it, processes it, filters it, and sends parsed combat data into the main ACT program. It also does the DoT simulation, and all the extra FFXIV-Specific columns that appear in ACT. Not a small project, but I don't think I could have done this without the ACT framework available to act as the UI.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bokchoy Mcnuggets
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Cool! I'll definitely make a contribution since I use ACT pretty much as often as I use FFXIV.

Wish there was a way to contribute to the FFXIV plugin specifically. =P

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast