1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 4 hours, 1 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 19 hours, 58 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 21 hours, 1 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 12 hours, 58 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Chocobo Racing     submit to reddit submit to twitter

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I'm not sure, but with a 10 point entry fee and a profit of what, like... maybe 20? The fuck are you getting with 20 profit a pop? Lol.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

It only requires you to enter the race every ~3 minutes. If you have more important stuff to do but still want to gain -some- MGP/exp, it's not awful. It was definitely net gain vs not being in races.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    I'm not sure, but with a 10 point entry fee and a profit of what, like... maybe 20? The fuck are you getting with 20 profit a pop? Lol.
    Are you really being this dense? You can do it while sleeping or at work. Do you not think this will be automated?

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    It only requires you to enter the race every ~3 minutes. If you have more important stuff to do but still want to gain -some- MGP/exp, it's not awful. It was definitely net gain vs not being in races.
    Also this, it's not about how profitable it is, it's about how it's still better than nothing at all. I tend to idle in the Chocobo Square - if I'm going to afk for a minute or if I'm doing something on my second monitor I'll just enter a race and get free points.

I imagine it'll be patched so that DNF gets no points, assuming they care about it.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    Are you really being this dense?
    Sorta. I'm thinking back to game that had actual botting problems. The days of EoTS in WoW comes to mind. This seems minor, and I could always use one less serious opponent in my races, but yes, botting = fix it SE.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

For reference, I'm currently on my P2 choco, doing R40 races (I spent a few days on card grinding). Winnings are 49 MGP / 96 exp for 6th place which I happen to get occasionally just having sprint held down the whole race. Going dead last is 37 MGP, 72 exp. This gets slightly better in higher tiers. In fact when doing afk you're better off just doing it in the highest available since you get like +2 exp/mgp for the higher tier if you're going to be in dead last every time anyways.

#lazyshit

Edit: 42 mgp, 84 exp for going 8th in R60.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

If its prevalent on your servers, it hasn't spread to Gilga yet. I haven't seen any OF threads on it yet as well.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Let's face it, eventually there's going to be Choco Racing botting regardless. Really we're just quibbling over the complexity of the bot required.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Wouldn't say its prevalent on Hyperion. I haven't seen anyone other than myself do it, and I only know one person that does it occasionally.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

There is a thread on OF about it already. It just hasn't boiled over yet because they're still torn on it being single player harmless and omgskyburning.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

So back on track, my P5 bird has 1star stamina, and I'm able to occasionally get the +2 stats with the G1 food, bringing it up to the other star's 3stats per grade 1 feeding. Pretty interesting because I never remember it happening with my P4.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eidle Weiss
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Skullcrusher

are you guys just racing for several hours a day? I spent maybe 2-3 hours racing until i got bored and im still only rank 18, and i need to achieve rank 40 to breed? i dont know why i thought this wasn't going to be that grindy.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    So back on track, my P5 bird has 1star stamina, and I'm able to occasionally get the +2 stats with the G1 food, bringing it up to the other star's 3stats per grade 1 feeding. Pretty interesting because I never remember it happening with my P4.
    Happens on my P2 bird with a 4 star speed rating.
    If grade 1 food gives +3 speed
    grade 2 food gives +4-5
    special grade 2 gives 4-6

I'd be grinding out my bird more, but the obscene prices things have become is dragging me over to make more gil even though I probably don't need it as I have tons already >.>

who can resist a 33K material, being crafted into a 380K item though that sells in mass daily!

Quote Originally Posted by Eidle View Post
    are you guys just racing for several hours a day? I spent maybe 2-3 hours racing until i got bored and im still only rank 18, and i need to achieve rank 40 to breed? i dont know why i thought this wasn't going to be that grindy.
    from what I noticed, and think how things are going is...

Higher stat ranks (mostly 4-5 star) + pedigree = higher ranked chocobo -> harder races -> faster exp if your winning them in the top 1-3 spots. This turns into lvling faster.

If you get a crappy stat rank chocobo (like mine currently with 1-2 star mostly and 4 star speed) your chocobo is kept down into the lower ranks , which leads to slower lvling.

Like my crap chocobo got into rank 40 races at lv 18, and at the rate its rank goes up, it probably won't see rank 100 races by Lv40 (probably hit Rank 80 races at lv 32-35)

Feel like I should rebreed my chocobo while I do some crafting for some easy millions crafters are making atm...

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

The XP TNL scales massively at higher Pedigrees, so it slows down 30+ each time. Early levels are EZ though.

This is my buddy's perfect pedigree bird. I am not worthy. No one is.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

With how much EXP you need at higher lvls, I wonder when would be the best time to try to breed into pure 4* birds? I'm assuming if you had enough you could eventually perpetuate it, but it seems like it would be a really really long time to need to raise 9th pedigree birds to 40+ just for a few more shots at it.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I'm not trying to get a perfect one yet, but I'm trying to have as many 4 stars within both sets of parents at a time, so it'll be a bit easier to re-breed and nab one when the time is right.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

So what color are you guys' chocos anyway?

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I've had 2 regular, 1 blue and 1 honey yellow, it's 50/50 on which parents color you get and idc about color yet tbh

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Ah okay; I guess it's better to care about that later on at the max pedigree.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I've had Mud Brown, Midnight Blue, 2 types of greens..

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

I've seen Ice Blue and Raisin Brown for myself, and my wife has gotten Nophica Green.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast