1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 5 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 54 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 12 hours, 5 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 21 hours, 54 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Just for curiosity's sake but is everyone spec'ed with their bonus attribute points in Int?

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Some people take some PIE to give optimal MP total for the rotation I believe. Depends on your race. Least I'm pretty sure I didn't imagine that conversation happening in one of my LS'es.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post
    Just for curiosity's sake but is everyone spec'ed with their bonus attribute points in Int?
    Yes. There is no legitimate reason to do otherwise.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by haroldsaxon View Post
    Yes. There is no legitimate reason to do otherwise.
    Great.

I do believe I am out of my luck with my static though since we did not have a BRD and had myself as BLM and another as a pretty awesome SMN, along with a MNK and NIN/DRG. It sounds like that w/o a BRD, I will not be able to reach my max damage and contribute enough to conquer the turns (maybe after the new weapons).

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

You will be fine, just do what you can if you need to milk damage then your tanks can go str and healers and can squeeze more dps in.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

It sounds like that w/o a BRD, I will not be able to reach my max damage and contribute enough to conquer the turns (maybe after the new weapons).
    Where did you get this from? Your statics jobs are fine and there's no reason you should need to wait for esoterics weapons to beat faust.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Neon_Sea View Post
    You will be fine, just do what you can if you need to milk damage then your tanks can go str and healers and can squeeze more dps in.
    Unfortunately, I won't get the chance. The leader expects 1200 dps from the BLM spot and rather have a BRD, especially for ballad for Oppresser. Besides, he's quick to get rid of people not doing what he expects. So I am probably going to just look for a new static.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Great.

I do believe I am out of my luck with my static though since we did not have a BRD and had myself as BLM and another as a pretty awesome SMN, along with a MNK and NIN/DRG. It sounds like that w/o a BRD, I will not be able to reach my max damage and contribute enough to conquer the turns (maybe after the new weapons).
    I'm in a mid-core group (Work full time now), and my group has MCH/SMN/BLM/MNK - its not optimal at all and I don't get foe's, and I can do 1k+ on A1S. I can certainly do more. I do 1250-1300 on Faust (pure single target).

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Unfortunately, I won't get the chance. The leader expects 1200 dps from the BLM spot and rather have a BRD, especially for ballad for Oppresser. Besides, he's quick to get rid of people not doing what he expects. So I am probably going to just look for a new static.
    Start casting Flare and Fire 2 to inflate DPS just to shit him.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Start casting Flare and Fire 2 to inflate DPS just to shit him.
    Ha! I bet that's why SMN DPS is so high lol

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Ha! I bet that's why SMN DPS is so high lol
    It does inflate SMN DPS due to M2, SF, and DF, but only by like 200-250 DPS I think

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

You know you can use ACT to get the DPS done to Faust only to get rid of the padding?

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by haroldsaxon View Post
    You know you can use ACT to get the DPS done to Faust only to get rid of the padding?
    Shhhhh

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

How do you do that btw, I was trying to figure that out.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    if only ACT had a way to ignore damage dealt on adds

Spoiler: show
    Expand the encounter, expand the Boss, right click on "Incoming Damage", click on "Lookup by Combatant"

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

http://www.twitch.tv/saucepankaoz/v/9496932

Was watching this Blm, uses the sc opener and just really solid play in general.

Something I realized today, that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere, is that while the AOE rotation hasn't really changed, you should really be target swapping during it. Fire 2 should be on the smallest hitbox enemy, since when you have a big monster its hitbox can take up a lot of Fire 2's radius, but Flare and Fire 3 should be focused on the most dangerous mob or the highest health mob, for maximum damage. Often, the most dangerous mob is often the biggest, like the Chimera in Fractal.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by Neon_Sea View Post
    http://www.twitch.tv/saucepankaoz/v/9496932

Was watching this Blm, uses the sc opener and just really solid play in general.
    tbh i think the only reason he uses that opener is because he has to move to a certain position at start. otherwise aikaals would be better because u can fit an extra fiv in with the pot.

If you pull a shitty position in 3 (one that requires movement) obviously the sc opener is better.

On that note im gonna ask my group for the position where the mch is in that video for A3s lol, currently our bard has it so maybe i can convince him to trade!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Given that i'm EU and its tough to do 3 Fire IV's without a proc, I tend to not do Aikaal's opener. I've tried the swiftcast start a few times, but my initial feel is that I prefer my original opener rotation for A3S. But that could just be down to muscle memory.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

I think its fine to use whatever you're more comfortable with, the gains vs the tightness of it are marginal anyway. Aikaal even changed his opener to not include sc after the thunder update, saying its better used for movement (and it is), though his timing for potion duration wasn't updated to reflect that the last fire won't fall under it that way. I got lucky enough to shuffle my groups position around for A3S and have prime real estate that allows me to basically not move except for when dodging the first protean wave (and back to position), it happens just as im about to convert+sc so its really the only reason im able to use that opener. Its only really noticeably a dps difference when the last fire falling under the pot crits.

Honestly its negligable I'd say just using what you're comfortable with will be better for situations like this imo.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast