+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    okay guy I guess
    BG Level

The Expanse - Season 6 December 10, 2021

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/04/11/syfy-the-expanse/
    Syfy has given a direct-to-series order to an exciting-sounding new project based on an acclaimed sci-fi book series. The cable network has ordered 10 episodes of The Expanse, from Academy Award-nominated screenwriting duo Mark Fergus and Hawk Ostby (Children of Men, Iron Man) and Alcon Television Group. The project has been described by industry insiders as “Game of Thrones in space” — not so much because of the specifics of the plot, but because it tells a dramatic sprawling grown-up story within a popular fantasy genre that’s based on a respected series of novels.

The logline: “A thriller set two hundred years in the future, The Expanse follows the case of a missing young woman who brings a hardened detective and a rogue ship’s captain together in a race across the solar system to expose the greatest conspiracy in human history.”

The Expanse is based on a series of books by James S.A. Corey. The most well-known title is probably the first in the series, Leviathan Wakes, which has been praised for reinventing and updating the old-school Star Wars/Firefly-style space opera. Syfy won a bidding war with another content producer to acquire the project.

Syfy president Dave Howe promised, “The Expanse is epic in scale and scope and promises to be Syfy’s most ambitious series to date. Bringing this coveted book franchise to television with our partners at Alcon and the Sean Daniel Company is a giant win for Syfy, reinforcing our overall strategy to produce bold, provocative and compelling sci-fi fantasy stories. The Expanse joins a killer line-up of high-concept, high quality series, along with recently announced original projects Ascension, 12 Monkeys, the renewal of Helix, and the soon to premiere Dominion.”

Sean Daniel and Jason Brown of the Sean Daniel Company developed the original pitch, with Fergus and Ostby, and will also executive produce. “The Expanse is one of the most special pieces of material we’ve ever encountered and it has been our dream to bring it to life since the moment we read it,” Daniel and Brown said in a statement. “We couldn’t be more excited to be doing it with this team of all-stars.”

Added Alcon president Sharon Hall: “The Expanse is an addictive, sophisticated, character-driven franchise and Mark and Hawk are the perfect people to steer it. Their script is a totally immersive and accessible sci-fi journey.”

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fuja Vashai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I can't wait!
    *dances around naked*

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

neat. i hope they pull off the firefly vibes that Holden and the Rocinante have. Also, I hope the author revisits that universe.

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    neat. i hope they pull off the firefly vibes that Holden and the Rocinante have. Also, I hope the author revisits that universe.
    The next book called Cibola Burn is due out in June. I'm actually shocked at the rate Abraham can put out books, has his own series going and while he only writes half of the expanse books having two series going on at once is impressive. Super excited for this, I've always felt that all of Abraham's work would translate very well to the screen.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

oh snap, i had no idea! dude needs to update his website.

yeah, i think it'll translate extremely well... if they can pull off the firefly vibes. and miller's creepiness.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Looks like it could be good, gonna have to check out these books now in any case.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The books are fair (pretty sure I own everything he has written), although of all the series by all the authros they could have brought to the screen, I'm surprised they chose this.

Why there isn't an Honor Harrington series yet is beyond me.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

actually i remember hearing about some talk about doing that. David Weber's big problem was finding an actress who could pull off both her size and her physical strength. I think in the end he settled on someone who could do the physical stuff but was significantly shorter than Honor should be. After that, dunno what ever happened with it.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Well, if they started in the On Basilisk Station period (yar, unlikely), they could pass her off as still growing because of prolong, but yeah, that wouldn't last.
    Now finding a teen actress that can pull off Honor's bearing, that's a hard thing to do.

It's Syfy but the trailer does look good. Cool to see the chick from Being Human again

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

i liked Ascension and what I've seen of 12 Monkeys, they seem to be righting the ship a bit what with the whole "hey uh maybe we should do good sci-fi shows again" approach

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

I'm going to give it a viewing. This is the first series I have been interesting in watching on SyFy in a long time.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

still no word on when it will come out, afaik, but i stumbled on this from a couple weeks back
    @JamesSACorey

News!

We were just informed by @AlconEnt President of TV development @shall_sharon that we should head back to LA in June for Sn 2 writing.
    also Syfy has a couple new actual Sci-Fi shows premiering in June.
    Dark Matter, something about people waking up on a spaceship from hibernation, with amnesia or something.
    The Killjoys about a group of bounty hunters/mercenaries... IN SPACE.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    It was alright. Too much random shit going on to tell if it's going to stick yet.

There was nothing in this episode to hook me but I'll give it couple more

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

it takes a bit for stuff to converge, and the stuff on earth probably could have waited a bit tbh

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

It seems like it would be confusing if you hadn't read the books, but I'm very intrigued by the pilot and I think they nailed the casting

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast