RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    I just got my 4th member (Frost caves) so i havn'T seen a weapon shop yet, but those shop can buy your weapons?
    Theres weapon shops before that and I don't see a sell option.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Anyone know what triggers "Exact Kill"? I see the message a lot just by attacking shit normally. But Steam just game me an achievement for getting 10 Exact Kills. So I assume it's something special? <.<;

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

I Am Setsuna (PC/PS4) | Ikenie to Yuki no Setsuna (PS4/Vita)

If you do the exact amount of damage to kill a monster, I.e you do 25 damage on a monster that has 25 health , it's an exact kill...thats what I would guess.

I'm not sure if you get any kind offer bonus for doing so, though.

On a side note, are people playing with voice overs? So glad they made it an option to turn it on/off.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Exact kill isn't exact though. It has a range around the monster's HP that still works. I don't know how close you have to be for it to count yet.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Exact kill isn't exact though. It has a range around the monster's HP that still works. I don't know how close you have to be for it to count yet.
    It seems to be total damage dealt being within 5% of the total hp of the mob triggers 'exact kill' (i.e. 200 hp mob being dealt 210 total damage triggers it.) I could be wrong though, since im just going by quick observation with enemy hp totals showing.

Supposedly exact kills, elemental kills, etc influence the drops, but I'm not sure exactly how that works.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    When selling monster materials to a spirinite shop or whatever, how come some mats are green and others are normal colored?
    Green items are cooking ingredients. Others are normal materials.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Am I the only one annoyed with the fact that Setsuna can't equip Aura? D;

BG's most likeable Québécois

BG Level

Even though levels just increase HP, i'll have to level everyone since they seem to get half EXP out of pt

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    Green items are cooking ingredients. Others are normal materials.
    Oh fuck, so I shouldn't be selling those.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

"Kill" just affects drops. If you go into the snow chronicles > monsters and you go to the second page on mobs, you can see what drops under certain kills for em. It also tells you what is required to get their rare drop

and if you're an idiot like me and wondering what Time Kill was, it's just a magical element, like fire etc I thought you had to kill under a certain period of time derp

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Even though levels just increase HP, i'll have to level everyone since they seem to get half EXP out of pt
    If it helps this isn't true. I don't know why a lot of review sites are saying it. There's a big thread on gamefaqs about it and both myself and people on there can confirm that stats (at least str) goes up with level as well.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Corwen View Post
    Supposedly exact kills, elemental kills, etc influence the drops, but I'm not sure exactly how that works.
    Some like exact and momentum seem to just give you an additional drop from the mob, while more specific ones like elemental kills unlock a unique kind of drop. There's multiple different types, debuff, combo, momentum, exact, elemental, time, etc. Not sure of the effects of them all.

Few things I'd like to know. Wtf silver chests? Been playing lots of Brave Exvius lately, I checked the PS store just to see if keys were up to buy for them. -.- Few hours in and still no keys found, no mention of the chests by NPCs or tutorial windows, etc.

When you sell drops for spritstones, is it retroactive? I'm at the next big town after the Frost Cave and gold is a legitimate problem. I could sell off all of my mats, but I don't want to have to grind them back should it not be retroactive for spritstone requirements.

Augmenting tech seems weird. Everything seems to be a bonus, yet when you unlock it at the end of a fight, you're given the option of not applying it. Any reason why? Can techs only hold so many? And are you able to swap your talismans around once a tech is capped, keep the tech bonuses, and unlock new ones?

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Silver chests are just typical "end-game" type stuff. Where later on in the game you usually get a magic key to open them.

The purpose of augmenting abilities is to customize what bonus' you want attached to said ability. I imagine you can only have X number of augments per ability. You can change talismans and not lose the attached augment

You can sell everything except for cooking supplies.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Few things I'd like to know. Wtf silver chests? Been playing lots of Brave Exvius lately, I checked the PS store just to see if keys were up to buy for them. -.- Few hours in and still no keys found, no mention of the chests by NPCs or tutorial windows, etc.
    90% sure they are like the chests in Ni No Kuni; you can't unlock them until much later in the game.

And it took me until LV 10 to realize you trigger Momentum mode by hitting square when there's a flash above a character's head right as they attack. I glossed through a tutorial on it, but figured there would be a prompt like FFVIII's summon boost. It's more like the gunblade. I still don't understand the difference between using Momentum at 1 star (per the orb thingy next to each name below) or at 2/3 stars.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgang View Post
    90% sure they are like the chests in Ni No Kuni; you can't unlock them until much later in the game.

And it took me until LV 10 to realize you trigger Momentum mode by hitting square when there's a flash above a character's head right as they attack. I glossed through a tutorial on it, but figured there would be a prompt like FFVIII's summon boost. It's more like the gunblade. I still don't understand the difference between using Momentum at 1 star (per the orb thingy next to each name below) or at 2/3 stars.
    1 star 1 extra attack. 2 star 2 extra. 3 star 3 extra/

All I know is that boosting the 'en' spells is awesome. I think the momentum system is my favorite part about the combat so far. I can't stand the fluxes. It's so random and seemingly pointless.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Waiting on maybe a sale later in the year because I'm cheap and already bought a ton of games this year so far, but verdict so far is okay? Pretty good?

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Worth the 40 bucks to me so far, long as you know what you're getting. PS1 era like RPG.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Pretty decent RPG, I like that trinkets you equip can pass off their buffs to tech if you use them enough with momentum. Makes customizing certain skills how you want them to be very flexible.

BG's most likeable Québécois

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    1 star 1 extra attack. 2 star 2 extra. 3 star 3 extra/
    mmm I have 3 dots and I press Square and it only use 1 dot, is it normal?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast