+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I think im going to wait for Ultra cure before attempting this, but hoping I can worry more about dealing with trash than I can with the boss with Tidus OSB and Wakka BSB on my team.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Tried this and didnt got far on trash

No SB for the others X characters
    ouch, without some AoE burst you're going to chew through a ton of your abilities before you even get to the boss.

his defense is nuts -- even with 600 base attack, water boost, and 30% attack buff, i was maxing out at ~3500/hit off tidus' BSB command 1 (entry under enwater with everything stacked was a bit nicer at 7k or so a hit). that's with full breakdown, armor breakdown, and banishing blade all up. losing any one of those means your damage takes a significant hit.

shellga is also an absolute must in there IMO -- tsunami hits for 4-5k through breaks without shell on.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Mitigation stacking is your best friend.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

After trying a bunch of setups and looking through the megathread on reddit, I think I finally found a setup that I can clear this CM with. I think I just need an R3 engulfing twinstrike from the event tomorrow to actually pull it off. I got that asshole down to ~10% last night before my team fell apart from his damage output. I figure the increase in damage from the new spellblade should be enough of an increase in damage to down him.

One of the setups that I used was Jecht as a darkness mage since I have his burst. Turns out he's my best Raines burst RW user for X compared to Lulu and Yuna.

BG Level

What should I do with Jecht if I have his burst?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    What should I do with Jecht if I have his burst?
    Use him as a physical DPS. All of my mage meta runs were pathetic using OK or Raines burst regardless of who was summoning the RW. Maybe if you have Braska's faithga, you could get some good damage with Jecht. I was maxing out around 3.5k per hit on CMD 1 with endark, CMD 2, MM and devotion. That's just not enough DPS for this fight with only 2 RW summons.

I wouldn't even be using him but I'm forced to since my SB selection is pretty crappy for this fight. I have Paine's hastega SSB, tiny bee, hymn, wakka's magic breakdown SB and Jecht's monk boostga to pair with his burst.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Got 'em. I even managed to master it too.

Spoiler: show

SBs used:

Paine: hastega SSB
    Jecht: burst and jecht beam (only used to clear trash)
    Wakka: magic breakdown SB
    Braska: shared heal SB
    Yuna: Hymn

I started out just fleeing until I got a single mob to start round 1. Buffed up and hit the mob with armor break and power breakdown. Once that was done just spam LS and attack until he died. This allowed me to get a SB bar for Jecht beam in the next round. From there I just used LS, attacks and 1 use of Paine's to clear trash. I took it real slow and built up nearly 3 bars for everyone.

The first half of the the boss fight I tried to stay as close to 3 bars as possible for everyone except Wakka. Then for the second half just spam every SB possible. His damage output goes though the roof the second half and I needed to just spam AoE heals to get through that.

I know it may sound odd but I did not use Jecht's boostga in the boss fight. I kept trying to to keep his boostga and his burst up and it was just a pain in the ass. I never did the math on if it was better to use the burst over boostga but it was more important to have an extra burst for the second half of the fight.

Deployment tactics was the real MVP though. Tsunami was a guaranteed 10K+ damage every time he used it.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Is geo just this much of a crapshoot? Had him anywhere between 10-70% depending on how much he wants to aoe.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mist Monster
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I would suggest for the title "if you are a whale these fights still suck" I'm kidding of course but fuck

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If I had just one Yuna medica I'd clear this quite easily... I'll try with dual healing and see how it goes considering Tidus and Lulu are doing enough damage on their own.

Edit: Actually I'll probably replace Lulu with Seymour. He has slightly lower MAG but he has 600 extra HP without counting sinergy bonuses lol. Not to mention that I can give him Leviathan+Waterja and leave Braska on full healing duty.

BG Level

I took two healers.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Cleared with a lot of difficulty up to this point, but then I decided to just Cid RW it with seymour's endark rather than fiddling around with OK RW or shout. Had pulled on X for syn (had terrible stuff anyway) and got kimahri's new magic blink and aforementioned endark, and got yuna chaos rod on summoner banner. And it was still pretty hard but once i scripted my actions around Cid there was very little that could go wrong.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Rooney View Post
    Is geo just this much of a crapshoot? Had him anywhere between 10-70% depending on how much he wants to aoe.
    CM is definitely a huge crapshoot, you basically need to hope it heavily favors the single target attacks which is quite rare. Non-CM and D250 are more manageable with proper planning and a strong enough a-team but still need a fair bit of luck on your side. I personally had a much easier time with FF5 CM with SSB and lower vs FFX with 2 bursts and an OSB.

With wall + proshellga + fb + mbd the main threats become regurgitate (AoE 50% gravity) + boulders (AoE defense ignoring attack for ~3k unmitigated, ~2.5k with fb, ~1.9k with fb+pbd). Regurgitate's damage can be blocked with death resist accessories, which is especially helpful for managing the last 50% where regurgitate is always followed up by boulders on its next turn, which can kill squishier mages outright and leave anyone else in very bad shape if you don't resist the gravity effect.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

CM finally down with a lot of luck. Even mastered somehow

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mist Monster
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Geez, finally got the 250 mastered. I didn't have near as much trouble clearing the CM though. I'm probably doing it wrong lol

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Mastered 250 on a test run actually. Got super lucky with the trash rounds with 4/6 only having one mob

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Got through CM and mastery of the 200.

Spoiler: show

But can't seem to get very far with only 1 healer in a physical party. I'm just worried if I bring 2 healers then I won't have enough firepower for 650k HP. Any of you 250 winners mind posting parties or strats?

Seems Dreamstage doesn't eat tsunami as I had hoped it would.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

It should... tyro's burst ate it a couple times for me. Honestly, if you can swing it, deployment tactics will drastically cut the amount of damage that you need to put out as long as you can heal through it. Just about anything it does will result in 7k+ dmg to it with a full party alive.

You'll want haste, medica, wall (maybe? a decent chunk of it's attacks ignore def or are HP based) and some sort of burst to get through to the boss/dmg the boss. Also, resist KO accessories. If you've been clearing events for a while (and kept stuff), you'll have two major resists (XII I think?), and two moderates (from X, so major w/ synergy), plus another couple moderates. Put together that'll pretty much turn swallow > regurgitate into two wasted turns from the boss. Yeah, it stuns a character for a turn, but it's also two turns for you to recoup and heal.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Ive got the KO Accessories no problem.

My issue is for 250 that relying on Tidus eventually causes me to run out of steam. Just in a weird catch 22, like in the FFV Torment, where I would have no problem taking on the boss if I didn't have to deal with trash, but dealing with the trash leaves me incapable of dealing with the boss.

Anyone have luck with Tidus BSB as a RW? The main idea being why don't I do my normal method of clearing trash through Tauntaliate, and then get more out of my Tidus OSB's from using his BSB RW?

Or am I just SOL without a healer burst?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Without a healer burst you'll probably want to run two healers. I also took two bursts for dmg to help with running out of hones.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast