+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: FFRK: Muliplayer Raids     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Yeah... rubi was a total pushover. 160 was so easy I tried soloing the 200, got full medals.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

How do you guys solo these, just go one DPS one Healer?

Finished 200 Rubi in 3 tries. First two failed spectacularly since people don't read the boss notes and kept blitzing when he was defending.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

if you go solo it treats it like any other fight, so you enter with 5 and get to choose an RW.

this was the first D200 i decided to solo because i didn't feel like putting up with 500 disconnect/party full messages every time i try to join a lobby. just toss fire resist on everyone and it's super easy.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Yeah, I just solo the MP fights up to 160 so I only have to deal with d/c and full party crap for one fight.

This 200 fight really is super easy - fire resist is plentiful, and with shell/mag b/d you'll take squat for dmg. I took deployment tactics for the lulz and enjoyed the free couple thousand dmg everytime he countered. 160 went down in one cast of haste, 200 I had to reapply at ~35% or so. Dmg was low enough I considered letting shell drop so DT could kill him faster. With full mitigation it took him 4-5 turns to break the stoneskin from asylum.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Resist accessories really trivialize most of these fights, you know.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I was actually wondering if solo'ing the 200 Rubi was plausible.

It's too difficult to time that cape bullshit online.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

True, but the other 200 fights have been hard enough where you'd be hard pressed to champion on a solo run. You'd probably be out 1 medal for actions and 2 for damage in any scenario, which leaves no room for error.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

They did fix the actions/damage taken medals on the solo versions so its easier to get mastery, though it's still impossible to master if more than 1 party member dies since you'll be out 4 medals between the KOs and failing the 4 survivors target score. The fights are also much harder in general with 6 less ability slots and only having 2 people who can SB at the start + your RW.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

My synergy for FF1 is so bad, and I really don't want to pull on the banner...

I was able to solo 160 Garland, but 200 would always destroy me when I got him to the point were he would use that 5 random hit, full dispel move, then follow it up with Earthquake and/or Tsunmi... every time... so this was my first online win.

It was sooo much work, like 3hrs to master. I was surprised how many folks didn't look at what other folks had equipped and make adjustments. Missing parts of the trinity, no healing, wow. I'm glad that's over.

In the end it came down to Last Resorts, and Deployment Tactics. He used that 5 hit dispel move at 8%ish, someone had a soul break party cure ready though and healed us all back up. However, we couldn't get buffs back up in time for Earthquake, which hit everyone for ~5k damage... fortunately, Deployment Tactics reflected all the damage back and killed him. Was nice to finally master.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I actually "soloed" my Apocalypse Garland because I was hosting and everyone else got disconnected lol.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    I actually "soloed" my Apocalypse Garland because I was hosting and everyone else got disconnected lol.
    Lucky, lol!

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Connection with one or more party members lost. Battle ended. :^)

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Korialstrasz View Post
    Connection with one or more party members lost. Battle ended. :^)
    Lots of potato internets in MP

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Just a heads up, you don't need to bring pro, shell, or wall to Bahamut. Everything ignores Res and Def.

Stack those reverse walls!

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Just a heads up, you don't need to bring pro, shell, or wall to Bahamut. Everything ignores Res and Def.

Stack those reverse walls!
    Vaan BSSB FTW!!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

RES gear is still helpful. The thundaga and ultimate thundaga ignore RES buffs but still take base RES into consideration. Definitely stack all the MAG breaks you can though (or be prepared to mblink ultimate megaflare). My apoc run just had mbd and vaan BSB and megaflare hit for 5600 which one shot 4 characters from full health and barely mastered as a result.

I just wish my tablet wasn't so ass with some SBs. Only thing that makes MP unbearable since I get desynced after a while.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I dunno about that res ignoring thing. We stacked everything we had and were only getting hit for like 1000 each.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Anyone want to do the 200 demon wall? Keep getting idiot groups. Best attempt only had him at like 35% before hard enrage

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Anyone want to do the 200 demon wall? Keep getting idiot groups. Best attempt only had him at like 35% before hard enrage
    I see a lot of people having issues with it. I'm going to be on tonight to attempt it.

It doesn't seem that difficult. Bring Slow, breaks, and Indonesian Blade if you have it. Holy teams should be tearing it a new one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast