1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 32 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 27 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 8 hours, 32 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 1 hours, 27 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

PAX East 2017 Fan Site Interviews

We all worked together to ensure the widest (and no repeats) question coverage we could possibly get so you could consider this three parts of a larger interview.

Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...ew_with_naoki/

MogTalk: https://mogtalk.org/2017/03/12/mogta...ns-to-yoshida/

Gamer Escape: http://gamerescape.com/2017/03/11/pa...fxiv-qa-panel/

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

TY for the work on this.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Thank you, lot of good questions were asked!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Man, he straight up side stepped the repair question lol. That one would be nice considering that some of our raiders are lazy and don't want to finish up crafting to lv 50.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Hioki View Post
    Man, he straight up side stepped the repair question lol. That one would be nice considering that some of our raiders are lazy and don't want to finish up crafting to lv 50.
    Yep, anything remotely XI/1.0 related he seems to side steps lol.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    Yep, anything remotely XI/1.0 related he seems to side steps lol.
    He did mention bringing back the original market system potentially for FC recruitment.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I don't get why he brought up XI in regards to open world content, the answer wasn't that great either and it reeks of "expect more of the same" in regards to 4.0. But I guess that's to be expected now.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    He did mention bringing back the original market system potentially for FC recruitment.
    That's what I find interesting, since doing a simple list as said would pretty much go the wayside.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Honestly, the interviews here as well as the PAX Q&A only tells me that Yoshida knows less about his game than I thought he did. It's the only reason I can see him answering these questions in such an uninformed manner. Some of them I can see being lost in translation, but other things, like the Healer imbalance question, just went completely over his head.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Good work Eanae. Q_Q

Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post
    Honestly, the interviews here as well as the PAX Q&A only tells me that Yoshida knows less about his game than I thought he did. It's the only reason I can see him answering these questions in such an uninformed manner. Some of them I can see being lost in translation, but other things, like the Healer imbalance question, just went completely over his head.
    It's not his job to be hyper informed of the game anymore like in 2.X -- the game is a success now, so it's very obvious that despite being both the producer and director still, he's pulled back from a good deal of the day to day tasks that has required a close, watchful eye. Delegate the tasks to his team, and hold events like the Live Letter & Fan Fests to maintain excitement levels and bring back ideas/solutions for his team. It's all on-par for the course.

I'm actually surprised that no one asked him if he was going to step down from being the director soon and just assume being the "face" of the MMO.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

He's answered that before - he said no one in SE is passionate about XIV like he is, since the higher ups sees XIV as a platform to make money, more so than it being a "game" which I guess is fine, since it IS making money doing what its doing, especially cash shop wise. He may want to stay as director as he said before, but he said he wouldn't mind if there were someone as passionate about it as he is. I know they still have Matsui and such over on XI but I know XI is their ultimate backup plan they'll finally give funding to if XIV screws the pooch soon.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

He's answered that before - he said no one in SE is passionate about XIV like he is, since the higher ups sees XIV as a platform to make money, more so than it being a "game" which I guess is fine, since it IS making money doing what its doing, especially cash shop wise. He may want to stay as director as he said before, but he said he wouldn't mind if there were someone as passionate about it as he is. I know they still have Matsui and such over on XI but I know XI is their ultimate backup plan they'll finally give funding to if XIV screws the pooch soon.
    dude what?

EL - Airship Pirate
    Airship Captain of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aero Ashwind
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I know they still have Matsui and such over on XI but I know XI is their ultimate backup plan they'll finally give funding to if XIV screws the pooch soon.

In all honesty though, I really loved the battle system Matsui created when they brought him over to help revamp 1.0.

He certainly is one of the stellar talents remaining at SE and I hope he gets his. Though we all know he will probably crash and burn like so many other SE rockstars. ; ;

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    dude what?
    He posted at 11 PM, I can only assume he was already asleep and his wet dream made that comment of its own accord.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I know they still have Matsui and such over on XI but I know XI is their ultimate backup plan they'll finally give funding to if XIV screws the pooch soon.
    People are still this delusional that XIV needs money pumping into it? Mogstation is probably pumping more money into XIV than what XI is bringing in from subs alone.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    People are still this delusional that XIV needs money pumping into it? Mogstation is probably pumping more money into XIV than what XI is bringing in from subs alone.
    I have a friend who fantasia's her character literally 5-10 times in a single month. Other friends who buy up just about every single piece of physical & digital collectible possible. Mogstation is definitely pumping way more money into FFXIV (and SE's coffers) than XI subs alone, not even including the sales they have on physical merchandising.

I want whatever Dest is smoking if they believe XI is some sort of fallback.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Rehn View Post
    I don't get why he brought up XI in regards to open world content, the answer wasn't that great either and it reeks of "expect more of the same" in regards to 4.0. But I guess that's to be expected now.
    I died a little inside but it just confirms for me what I feared going into Stormblood. It'll likely be the last expansion I pick up since I want to follow the MSQ but i'm done with endgame. I'm going to stick with Black Desert, it's not perfect and it's missing some PvE content but it's scratching the itch enough.

Pretty depressed though, hopefully FFXI Mobile is still in the works.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I'm pretty sure FFXI Moble is going to work exactly how mobious works, you follow a path that will lead you to xarcabard and you'll kill shadow lord and then in 12 months they'll release a new update that lets you go to sky, 12 more months sea, etc etc, using currency or real cash to unlock advanced jobs and pull armor/weapons.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    I'm pretty sure FFXI Moble is going to work exactly how mobious works, you follow a path that will lead you to xarcabard and you'll kill shadow lord and then in 12 months they'll release a new update that lets you go to sky, 12 more months sea, etc etc, using currency or real cash to unlock advanced jobs and pull armor/weapons.
    I don't think it's going to go full nexon/cash shop like that, but then we really don't have any information about what they are doing with it.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

It's dead

It's been in the works for what, 20 years? Feels like. I don't think it's ever coming out.