+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: FFRK: Muliplayer Raids     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

When i was bringing Cloud/Ramza, aoe blind would go off and i'd be the only one with Melee with blind resist. sleep is easy to fix, having 1/2 your dps blinded is a guaranteed wipe.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

yeah, it's not a bad fight at all if people prep for it, but it's pretty brutal if people don't have their shit together. i'll be home after ~530EST, i definitely don't mind helping. can bring just about anything so i'm extremely flexible for party setup

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I actually beat it but I'll be home around 8pst if people need help. If you have at least two cid bursts in your party he melts

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Keeping the boss slowed is very important, as well as mitigating debuffs. Prompt slowing after each haste is crucial. Affliction break is very helpful, as well as having 2-3 chars with ultra cure or esuna to remove blind/silence (and sleep in some cases)

Haste is scripted at 80%, and every 6th turn after. Having someone on top of this makes it a lot easier to win. Leaving it hasted generally results in getting chain stunned/stopped/slept and falling miserably short of completing the fight before the turn 30 wipe.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

We have been steamrolling this fight since we figured that out.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Or just use Queen Celes :D

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Went 1/1 on both Seph fights, some quick notes:

-Flashing blade is scripted around 70/40/20, hits for just under 4k to front row with full break only
    -Last stand is helpful in case he decides to use his HP 1 strike followed by an AoE.
    -Tauntaliate prevents him from getting hasted from the counter attack and makes the fight a lot easier. May want to bring some form of dispel in case the counter is triggered before the combo is set.

BG Level

I'd love to say we had problems, but we didn't.

BG Level

Also, I just realized the thread title is misspelled.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    Also, I just realized the thread title is misspelled.
    These errors keep muliplaying!

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

It would appear you're about to kill the Black Knights! It would be a shame if someone were to

TROMP
    TROMP
    TROMP
    ULTIMATE TROMP

From 100% to wipe right at the start of the 3rd phase :^)

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Korialstrasz View Post
    It would appear you're about to kill the Black Knights! It would be a shame if someone were to

TROMP
    TROMP
    TROMP
    ULTIMATE TROMP

From 100% to wipe right at the start of the 3rd phase :^)
    Go slowly on wave2 rebuff wall and etc before wave 2 dies then GO ALL OUT! on wave3

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

i just went all out, my first layer of buffs only started to drop on the kill turn (so wall and OK burst fell off). if you can field a couple of mage bursts and AoE to build your initial bars they go down quick, just slap a chainspell or two on to burn down the lower left one when you're outside of burst mode. low hones should be fine, i think i only needed to use them on the first wave.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Phantom train MP raid: endless parade of disappointment
    phantom train solo raid: durdle around building meter up, realize that its already at half health, affliction break and and obliterate via osb/enholy'd entries

This and the knights one I found really hard in MP for some reason but dreadfully simple solo.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

1/1 on Phantom Train, was in a group that was running Holy Burst and holy resist down gear. With Affliction Break, made it a joke. That said, we won't discuss the Dynamis Lord MP. Doing the 120 one, was carried by my team since everyone would wait till he was magic immune to blow magic OSB's, and then Physical OSB's when he was physical immune. Fucking whittled him down basically with just Ramza and Vanille spamming her burst healing to do double diaga's.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Wiped once to D200 phantom train due to a diabolic whistle landing an insane amount of debuffs on my party before I could get affliction break off, but won very easily the next time around after using affliction break on turn 1 before my support's buff SB. 2 BSB Kains destroyed it with capped lightning dives.

With Shadow Lord, my group was a standard phys team with 2x Raines with BSB to handle the physical immune phases, which ended up being very easy. I'd imagine trying to pug this would be very frustrating though.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Pugging everything in PM Raids is a crap shoot. If I had a dollar for every team I've kicked that came with people sub 80 and only 2 ability uses per ability, I'd have bought the presidency by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Corwen View Post
    Wiped once to D200 phantom train due to a diabolic whistle landing an insane amount of debuffs on my party before I could get affliction break off, but won very easily the next time around after using affliction break on turn 1 before my support's buff SB. 2 BSB Kains destroyed it with capped lightning dives.

With Shadow Lord, my group was a standard phys team with 2x Raines with BSB to handle the physical immune phases, which ended up being very easy. I'd imagine trying to pug this would be very frustrating though.
    Beat it on my 3rd try with PUG. Granted, the first 2 attempts were tragically bad, but the last went very, very smoothly. 2 healers with BSB, 2 mages with OSB, 2 melee with OSB and 2 support (wall/vessel). Everyone was very disciplined with their attack timing and only 3 hit immunity, none of those being OSBs, so no real loss of damage.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I've gotten through Phantom Train and Shadow Lord tonight just to clear them.

Phantom Train is about recognizing what counters and what doesn't, along with status resist accessories. I went in with Locke (Thief's Revenge, Lifesiphon, BSB) and Onion Knight (Shellga, Ultra Cure, BSB).

Shadow Lord is mitigated pretty well by Vaan's BSB. The rest of the fight is just having a good balance of physical/magic users that understand Shadow Lord's timing. Went in with Vaan (Mental Breakdown, Lifesiphon, BSB) and Onion Knight (Pro/Shell/Ultra Cure, Faith, BSB and OSB). I used Lifesiphon maybe once on Vaan after waiting for physical shield to go down just to have Arc Blast ready, and OK never needed SB meter. I was the only mage on winning run though, so I had to choose OSB and hoped the Armor BD stacks from Vaan made up for losing Boostga. It turned out alright.

I'll be available for Shadow Lord with Vaan + Whoever if anyone needs it. Just let me know when - evenings preferred.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Totally forgot Aflliction Break exists.

Spoiler: show

Everyone was blind or confused, then I finally got the chance to use one of my SB's and doom took 3 of my guys. Got it on the next try w/o AB but ugh, so close. This was D200.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast