1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 2 hours, 12 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 21 hours, 47 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 19 hours, 12 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 14 hours, 47 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 365 of 380 FirstFirst ... 315 355 363 364 365 366 367 375 ... LastLast
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    On that trash pack of 12 mobs. Yeah, that's the worst.
    2nd worse. It sucks more when you botch the haste ninjutsu/combo

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    2nd worse. It sucks more when you botch the haste ninjutsu/combo
    Casual players don't have that problem

Cuz they don'T use the haste combo

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Or better yet, trying to cast fire ninjutsu and NOPE ONLY REGISTERED THE FIRST! YOU THROW YOUR SHITTY STAR!
    I've had this problem less ever since the last QOL update where the server apparently trusts the client more for mudra. It's led to situations where my client plays out both a Shuriken and Thunder ninjustsu animations as the game tries to correct itself on the fly (where the reality is it did the Ninjutsu I inteded, in that case the thunder), which is much preferable to it giving me a bunny instead.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    I've had this problem less ever since the last QOL update where the server apparently trusts the client more for mudra. It's led to situations where my client plays out both a Shuriken and Thunder ninjustsu animations as the game tries to correct itself on the fly (where the reality is it did the Ninjutsu I inteded, in that case the thunder), which is much preferable to it giving me a bunny instead.
    Same. But from time to time in instances I'd still get hiccups which would screw me over every now and then. Seemed to increase a lot when I was getting ready to quit not too long after Nidhogg came out.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...month_3017250/

I heard there was some fantastic whiteknighting of horrendously flawed methodology in here.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/f...threads/321567

"But folks, remember two things:

a) It is a game, as inconsequential for your life as it can be, in the end. Don't take it too seriously.

b) Bots, trolls, harassers and RMT sellers still pay subscription fees, and actually they are the best customers there are. They do not need thrilling game content which requires creativity and money to produce. All they need is an opportunity to make money and/or an opportunity to annoy other players.

So from the POV of a company in the business of selling subscriptions there is ZERO incentive to really do anything about them. SE knows us normal, decent players will not unsubscribe because of this. Gaming companies have to take a formal stance against it of course, but in reality it would hurt them to REALLY do something against it.

It is just good business to allow these things to continue as long as SE is getting their and your subscription fee"

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I mean...he's not completely wrong. Banning RMT accounts loses SE money. They are effectively banning thousands of accounts every couple months.
    Of course, the RMT just turn around and make the same number of new accounts usually, so there might only be a temporary loss, but it's still a loss to the bottom line.
    The thing that banning RMT does is sends a message to regular players that the company notices the problem and sends a message to the RMT saying their "business" is not wanted. But in the end, there are enough regular players buying gil and enough RMT not willing to give up after several account bans that the problem doesn't get solved no matter how much SE works against it.

I dunno about the bots and trolls thing though. But RMT definitely pay SE hand over fist for the privilege of making more money than they're spending on the game

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I have a feeling he is basing his assumptions on the fact RMT pay the bill legaly in 100% of the cases.

Off topic, but I think this one looks promising, I understand why he is upset but gosh the post is golden:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/f...threads/321588

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by FHT View Post
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/f...threads/321567

"But folks, remember two things:

a) It is a game, as inconsequential for your life as it can be, in the end. Don't take it too seriously.

b) Bots, trolls, harassers and RMT sellers still pay subscription fees, and actually they are the best customers there are. They do not need thrilling game content which requires creativity and money to produce. All they need is an opportunity to make money and/or an opportunity to annoy other players.

So from the POV of a company in the business of selling subscriptions there is ZERO incentive to really do anything about them. SE knows us normal, decent players will not unsubscribe because of this. Gaming companies have to take a formal stance against it of course, but in reality it would hurt them to REALLY do something against it.

It is just good business to allow these things to continue as long as SE is getting their and your subscription fee"
    Thread got removed it looks like.

But yeah, it's pretty obvious SE doesn't care about the RMT spam. The game has been out for 3(?) years not and they still can't implement a spam filter of all things.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

But at least they have a RMT report button now.

But then you still can't RMT report on random party invites.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    But then you still can't RMT report on random party invites.
    lol they send party invites now? RMT business on NA DC must be booming if they go that far. I mean I moved my alt from Sarga to Balmung, so due to it being full 99% of the time RMT can't get in so I actually haven't seen RMT.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    lol they send party invites now? RMT business on NA DC must be booming if they go that far. I mean I moved my alt from Sarga to Balmung, so due to it being full 99% of the time RMT can't get in so I actually haven't seen RMT.
    Yes, even on Rag they try to add you as friend.

BG Level

I still question what people would buy gil for other than eBay Simulator. AKA: The housing system.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I still question what people would buy gil for other than eBay Simulator. AKA: The housing system.
    One of my old statics had a few members who didn't log in for anything but raid but they'd still use pots every pull and food every night, whenever it came time to buy more pots/food they just bought more gil.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post4093518

Wonder why NA players are so resistant to getting better at this game in order to clear content instead of relying on getting carried.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Because most of them don't realize they're bad. The few that do either don't understand why they're bad, or fix their badness and become good (or at least good enough). They figure as long as they're pushing the buttons, they're playing the game as intended.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...d_your_healer/

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

irony is all the negative vote posts are correct in my grand opinion

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

That shit is just fucking absurd, you're quite literally given HQs of everything for your Job/role for just doing baby-tier quests in Heavensward. Being new is no fucking excuse when Google exists.

All that whiteknighting.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    That shit is just fucking absurd, you're quite literally given HQs of everything for your Job/role for just doing baby-tier quests in Heavensward. Being new is no fucking excuse when Google exists.

All that whiteknighting.
    But I don't want to spoil anything!