Closed Thread
Page 4 of 151 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Put in my redemption code from GameStop on bungie's site,they will email my beta key when they become available.

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Still no email about the Beta from Gamestop. I preordered online (at GS) on the 30th.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Likewise, but figure there's still plenty of time till the beta.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Maybe PC won't be KBM?
    Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    It's an absolute guess on my part, but they might go that route especially if there's any plans to allow some cross play. There'd be alot of "but muh pcmasterrace" crying, but it'd likely be the best choice if for no other reason ease of development for later balance patches.
    Didn't even realize that apparently aim assist is a stat on items. That said, if they force gamepad on PC users I definitely won't be playing that shit. I haaaaaaaaate shooters on console for that exact reason.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

When they announced it would be coming out on PC my immediate assumption was that Aim Assist as a stat would be going away. It's already not visible in-game in the first place.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

That seems more likely than forcing PC gamers to use a gamepad.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by avelle View Post
    That seems more likely than forcing PC gamers to use a gamepad.
    until you remember you have a HUGE playerbase that is used to guns having different AAs

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Wasn't there something of a controversy with Halo 2 on PC, in that, it didn't have AA till you plugged in a controller?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    until you remember you have a HUGE playerbase that is used to guns having different AAs
    That makes sense. I didn't play original Destiny to get used to anything. Long time players I'm sure are different.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Guaranteed 90% of players wouldn't notice if they standardised AA.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Guaranteed 90% of players wouldn't notice if they standardised AA.
    I'm guessing you mean that PC gets it too? You'd probably just blame ridiculous headshots and things hitting despite crosshair being off on latency or something. Still, I don't think it should be an issue to disable for PC. Like I said earlier in the thread, other games have done it before.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Aim assist in Destiny also behaves differently on primaries and secondary's and is affected by the range stat. It's not just reticle slowdown but bullet magnetism.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I know Destiny is a different beast but Overwatch has AA on consoles but not for PC, they could technically do the same with Destiny even without revamping the stats, PC just won't have AA or work it to a lesser degree. Overwatch also balanced/patches the PC and console version differently... but there's no cross play which I believe someone mentioned they were looking into.

Idk bringing it to PC and forcing a controller seems counter productive. I am by no means a PC master race kind of guy but i find the idea of using a controller on PC stupid, and I love controllers when I play console.

Bungie isn't stupid ok sure they'll figure something out to allow KBM set ups.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

The difference between Overwatch and Destiny is that in Destiny every gun has its own AA value and different weapon perks increase or decrease AA. Guns are balanced around their individual AA stats. It's not as simple as "PC just won't have aim assist," because in the current system just removing aim assist would break the balance between a lot of weapons.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The difference between Overwatch and Destiny is that in Destiny every gun has its own AA value and different weapon perks increase or decrease AA. Guns are balanced around their individual AA stats. It's not as simple as "PC just won't have aim assist," because in the current system just removing aim assist would break the balance between a lot of weapons.
    So what do you think they'll do ? I just can't see them releasing a PC version with forced controller set up. Is there any PC game that incorporates some level of AA with mouse?

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I didn't play Destiny, so I'm not sure how it works completely or if I'm not comprehending what you're saying. Wanted to get some clarification.

I've seen people fire a rocket launcher and the rocket tracks. Is that the aim assist you're talking about? Or is there something else where with a Rifle if your crosshair is x distance when you fire it "snaps" to the target?

If it's the former you're talking about then it should be okay I'd say. It would make PvP weird I guess since you'd still be relying on your weapon's assist to get the hits more than you would in other FPS games. That's something that people would just get used to I think.

If it's the "snap" you're talking about then that is something they should be able to remove for just PC.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

I'm not talking about rocket tracking (which is its own perk literally called Tracking), I'm talking about reticle and bullet magnetism. Every gun in the game has its own Aim Assist stat. Two guns may have almost identical stats but one may have more stability, and the other may have more Aim Assist. If you just "remove" Aim Assist in the current system, the gun that has weaker base stats but higher Aim Assist becomes useless.

What I think they *should* do is get rid of Aim Assist as a stat in Destiny 2 and make AA the same for every weapon in a given archetype. What they *will* do, I have no idea.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I'm not talking about rocket tracking (which is its own perk literally called Tracking), I'm talking about reticle and bullet magnetism. Every gun in the game has its own Aim Assist stat. Two guns may have almost identical stats but one may have more stability, and the other may have more Aim Assist. If you just "remove" Aim Assist in the current system, the gun that has weaker base stats but higher Aim Assist becomes useless.

What I think they *should* do is get rid of Aim Assist as a stat in Destiny 2 and make AA the same for every weapon in a given archetype. What they *will* do, I have no idea.
    It's also the difference between most weapon sights / barrel perks. Aim assist in destiny is reticle slowdown and bullet magnetism(for primaries).

Here is a in depth spreadsheet with all the gun stats. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=709690989

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Bungie isn't stupid ok sure they'll figure something out to allow KBM set ups.
    Considering the changes to pvp and gun balances over the lifespan, that's debatable.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I mean, isn't that any MMO-type system with randomized stats? Some of the same weapons/armors can have completely different stats making some more useful than others. If they removed the Aim Assist stat there would be a different stat that would roll in its place.

I think this is what most of us saying "they'll remove it for PC" mean. They'll have a standard AA for all weapons, or they could do categories of weapons like you said. With this system, they would be able to disable AA for PC players so that it depends more on your own aim with a mouse since it's easier to make adjustments with a mouse than a controller for a number of people. In this case, it would not be a stat that is rolled on a weapon, but a "hidden stat" that's active for concoles, but disabled for PC.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

As far as D1 is concerned, Aim Assist is comprised of slowdown for your reticle (if you scope on someone and move left and right, the movement of your scope will slowdown as you target their head), stickiness (if you're targeting them and they move, the extent to which you're pulled off -- this is really noticeable when you're scoped on someone and someone jumps in front and the AA pulls you off your first target), and bullet magnetism (if you fire a shot next to someone's head, if it has high enough AA, you might still hit them).

As Obsidian has mentioned, it's a problem to just turn off AA for PC and leave it on consoles because, at the very least, there are specific perks which boost AA. As Kaslo said however, they can't just get rid of it completely because the current playerbase has gotten used to it for three years now and D2 would feel incredibly different without it. Also, if I'm not mistaken, Bungie has included some form of AA in each of their games since Halo: CE (I can't remember if CE had the lowest value and it has gone up since, or if it went down in 2 and then started to rise again).

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 151 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast