1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 14 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 45 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 15 hours, 14 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 18 hours, 45 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bloodstorm Prep     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Given that Lv.50 dungeons gave 0 EXP at the start of HW in fear of people spamming them to for 51-60 I imagine they will do the same with POTD and current dungeons until 4.1 is released.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    Given that Lv.50 dungeons gave 0 EXP at the start of HW in fear of people spamming them to for 51-60 I imagine they will do the same with POTD and current dungeons until 4.1 is released.
    That's wishful thinking for me, i just want to laugh at people bitching and complaining they can't easy lvl to 70. I'm still gonna do MSQ with mnk and get mnk to 70 first.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuki View Post
    That's wishful thinking for me, i just want to laugh at people bitching and complaining they can't easy lvl to 70. I'm still gonna do MSQ with mnk and get mnk to 70 first.
    Pretty much this. Rushing to 70 is pointless if all the content is gated by the MSQ. I'm prepping for SB by finishing Persona 5 and maybe trying to get 1 or 2 more i260 scripture weapons. I already have Drg and Sch covered and I'm in no rush for War or Bard. And I plan on just taking my time and enjoying what I can from the SB storyline.

I also bought a new PC, but that's more for everyday life rather then SB specifically.

Temple Leves! Accept all of them before early access at least.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

They're probably gonna forget to turn off XP in PotD up to 70. I bet our first 70 players will come from that lol.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    Temple Leves! Accept all of them before early access at least.
    Lv50 leves gave shit for xp at 51 (by design) and lv58 leves give shit for xp at 59, even the temple ones. I won't bother with leves except to check them off as done once, unless they seriously increase the amount of xp leves give at certain levels.

Honestly the best way to xp your first job is just to do the MSQ and load up on sidequests. Since HW, the sidequests have given absolutely crazy amounts of xp (purposefully). I imagine PotD will give decent xp because Yoshi said it would be a viable way to get to 70. I don't think it'll be too much or too little. I actually hope they have daily mark bills again; that's also a great way to get xp, though it's somewhat time consuming until you know where all the mobs are in each zone. And of course, dungeons. If the dungeon is kind of fun I won't mind grinding it a bit but if it's Neverreap quality they can forget it.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Leadleaf View Post
    2 books left until the set of 8 Alex4s for samurai weapon. Have a 270 set for striking sorted. And most of my i130 because for some reason I never traded in most of my dreadwyrm striking set. Finished my mentor roulette achievements I had set for myself awhile ago so I'm just doing roulettes randomly.
    A4S weapon? I swear that weapon will be swag level -- I'm 7/8 books on it myself. 270 set also ready, but need to put in a lil more work for the i130 set. Will it matter though due to POTD?

Other random stuff being finishing up saving for my own personal large mansion in the new area for maximum weeabo status and finishing my mounts from PvP. The furnishing/airship economy is going to be absolutely insane, so I'm readying my body for that too.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    4k+ ventures
    around 600 Grade 5 Carbonized Matters
    around 1500 Grade 4 Carbonized Matters
    just short of 1k Grade 3 Carbonized Matters

That's not prep son, that hoarding.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    This.

It is entirely possible that the POTD leveling Yoshida was referring to was getting SAM/RDM from 50 to 60.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Justina Suntail
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I expect potd to cap at 60

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Their instancing servers would have a hernia if they allowed you to burn jobs to 70 in POTD from the get go.

I also just realized that even with the armoury/inventory increase, I probably should clear some inventory for the expansion.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I really need to sell all my damn mats. Especially the HW ones.

Gonna be no fucking use for those. At least with ARR mats I can make HQ gear on the cheap and make someone's day.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    I really need to sell all my damn mats. Especially the HW ones.

Gonna be no fucking use for those. At least with ARR mats I can make HQ gear on the cheap and make someone's day.
    Might want to hang onto the currency based ones and any unspoiled nodes ones, SE reused a lot of 2.x of those in 3.x

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Mmmmhmmm. Untill I got tired of having to batch my synths to food because of the Rath rotation (HAVING to straight synth 40 minutes at a time is not so fun), I was trying to stay uncapped on lore by making the last tier of crafted armor and weapons.
    I have burned so much of my stock/GC points on raziqsap making platinum ingots for scintillant ingots.

And you still needed darksteel ore for adamantite, you still needed flax for ramie thread, still need mythril for mythrite, etc.
    If you're an omnicrafter, god help you if you can't pay +2$/mo for an extra retainer, because you will need those mats.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I took advantage of the x/8 characters, and made several good old fashioned mules and levelled/MSQed them just enough to get retainers to dump even more stuff on in addition to the 8 basic retainers on main. if you have a FC and FC chest that lets you do it, it's an easy way to put stuff in "long term storage" just incase.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

My prep -
    bought 1080ti
    waiting on a 4k monitor to be delivered
    look at random hentai
    imgur/reddit memes.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    Are we even sure PotD is even going to be a fast leveling system for 60->70? Doesn't it get pretty thin on the exp it provides as you approach 60?
    As it's following HW's example, there's A GOOD POSSIBILITY you won't be able to exp from 60-70 via PoTD, but you can 1-60 no problem (so 50-60 for RDM/SAM), which is why FATES will have exp bonuses and such in SB areas to try to ween players away from PoTD. Similarly like HW, older content likely won't give you exp or heavily reduced exp in order to try to prevent "rushing" to 70. They failed to consider that people did North Thanalan fate train from 50-60 at record speeds.

Anyway, considering Omega isn't coming out until 2 weeks after launch, then 2 weeks after that for savage including the higher tier tomes, being 70 serves no purpose unless Lakshimi/Susano weapon drops are actually good and Susano isn't obsolete on release like Bismarck was.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If I can't level all of my jobs to 70 in northern thanalan I'm gonna be pissed

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Levelled a new character to main in SB. Got all i270, got lazy and haven't bothered with i275 weapon yet. Gonna save up 30 quests ready to turn in, got HW tribal quests done, even got all but one mapping achievement saved (spot I saved in sea of clouds ended up being needed for tribe quest). Also means my main is no longer one of my crafters so extra rested exp for both my crafters and main.

Also filled out the rest of my 8 slots getting characters' retainers unlocked for selling stuff, and hoarding a fair amount of striking/casting gear to sell, as well as some of the less-spammable furniture.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    This.

It is entirely possible that the POTD leveling Yoshida was referring to was getting SAM/RDM from 50 to 60.
    That's all my team is using it for. Can't imagine SE would intentionally allow everyone to essentially skip the new portion of the game in lieu of literal dungeon hole grinding to max.