1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 2 hours, 32 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 21 hours, 27 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 19 hours, 32 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 14 hours, 27 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    I'm 95% sure STR pots don't affect Holy Spirit and Fight or Flight definitely doesn't.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

You can literally just throw out a holy spirit, FoF, and then holy spirit (twice in each case if you crit or something i guess) again to immediately confirm/disconfirm this, since 25% is a considerably higher number than the 10% inherent RNG and thus trivial to test for.

And yes, FoF does not affect holy spirit. Your FoF windows should never overlap with HS spam as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    I'm 95% sure STR pots don't affect Holy Spirit and Fight or Flight definitely doesn't.
    STR seemed to impact Holy Spirit Damage from my testing. Although I only took 10 samples with str accessories and without. And FoF doesn't hence delaying it if you open with goring blade before HS spam.

Although now I'm curious about INT impacting holy spirit.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

So what, our rotation is looking like Goring > HSx5 > FoF Goring > 2x RA > Goring+Req > HSx5 > Goring > 2x RA > repeat from FoF? Gonna try that on dummy and report back.

Edit: 3min parses on a dummy using FoF Goring > RAx2 > Goring+Req , Goring+Req > HSx5 , and Req > HSx5 openers reported no notable differences with one run on each. Req > HSx5 opener parsed highest by like 22 DPS. Wouldn't mind more testing, but it mostly seems like picking nits and best opener might be depending on fight?

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme View Post
    STR seemed to impact Holy Spirit Damage from my testing. Although I only took 10 samples with str accessories and without. And FoF doesn't hence delaying it if you open with goring blade before HS spam.

Although now I'm curious about INT impacting holy spirit.
    It could be attack power but I experienced the same thing, giving myself roughly 265 more strength has put my holy spirit damage from 8.5k to 10.5k as the highest that I've done.

So I haven't been mathing out much but I assumed it was best to do

Req > HS spam > fast blade > FoF on Riot > goring > royal > royal > goring etc etc

I've been seeing a lot of people say to do FoF on Riot > goring > royal > royal > goring > Req HS spam

seems a bit odd to delay your highest potency stuff for the 25s duration of FoF? Especially when you're getting all those buffs in the opener. Is the potency higher?

edit: in a raid setting seems ideal to

Shield lob > Fast > savage > halone > sword oath > clip req > holy spirit spam

since you're aligning up all of your holys with trick now too.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

New PLD is so OP lol. I was doing 50/60 roulette and got Sor Khai. Healer got pushed off the pillar on the last boss at like 80% and I was actually able to solo heal it to victory. Bravo SE, I love you!!

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Eh the last fight is really not that damage intensive, the boss has one big hit and that's it everything else is move out of the way and stop eating shit when it pops up. The big hit I believe is a cleave or could be single target.. whenever he smacks the tank hard that looks like it could hit in an arch in front of him.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Looks like Flash's "potency" was doubled with the enmity updates. (Overpower and Unleash as well.)

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Well that didn't take long. Holy Spirit nerf inbound.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Cast time increase, likely going to be a 2.5s cast now instead of 1.5

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

This whole convo was during last phase susano

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    Cast time increase, likely going to be a 2.5s cast now instead of 1.5
    Casting time increase would make it useless, they can't be that stupid.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I mean if they increase its cast time from 1.5 to 2.5 not much is really going to change because right now you're still stuck waiting for the 2.5s gcd to cycle around.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

You'd lose auto-attacks. The way it is now it's already only marginally better than PLD's normal rotation with the Requiescat buff. Clipping your auto attacks for 12 seconds is a lot of potency lost and increasing the cast time would make the 6th cast under Requiescat impossible.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

actions interrupt auto-attacks? Serious question. I was under the impression nothing did

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Holy Spirit isn't an action, it's a spell, and yes, spells do.

Edit: Passage of Arms also stops your autos, obviously.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

A 2.5 Cast time also means you're forced to clip GCDs if you want to use any abilities ever.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post

This whole convo was during last phase susano
    You're a real trooper man. I would have left right there. Ain't gonna be having any of that verbal abuse.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

A couple days ago I had a guy call me a "fucking nigger" for telling him it's not possible to solo heal the first boss in the Great Gubal Library with Clemency after the healer got knocked off on the first spin. I don't like to leave duty finder dungeons because I feel bad for the DPS so I just vote kicked him.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast