Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Campaign
    BG Level

Mog House options are perfectly available in any city even outside of Mog House. The option to interact with that menu is blocked client-side, so going by that I would assume that Nomad should work at least in towns.
    In other zones it probably won't work though.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Mog House options are perfectly available in any city even outside of Mog House. The option to interact with that menu is blocked client-side, so going by that I would assume that Nomad should work at least in towns.
    In other zones it probably won't work though.
    This is the case for mog houses and auction houses, assuming things haven't changed from back before Abyssea. (I don't touch retail so I'm not sure.)

You could do any mog house features from a zone that meets the following conditions:
    - The zone is a mog house.
    - The zone is connected to a mog house. (ie. Lower Jeuno has a mog house connected to it.)
    - The zone has a Nomad Moogle somewhere in it.

You could do any auction house features from a zone that meets the following conditions:
    - The zone has an auction house in it.
    - The zone is connected to a zone with an auction house. (ie. East Ron. is connected to South Sandy that has an auction house.)

Granted the AH has much more "weakness'" than the mog house does in terms of what can and can't be done elsewhere.

Nomad was made for private servers though, I never personally tested it on retail, so I can't say if any of it works. From others though, they have told me it does not work which I figured it wouldn't at this point in time with all the various packet injection fixes they have done over the years on retail.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I did start to rewrite / port novo to ashita v3 but haven't finished it off yet. It's on g I t h u b

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by atom0s View Post
    You could do any auction house features from a zone that meets the following conditions:
    - The zone has an auction house in it.
    - The zone is connected to a zone with an auction house. (ie. East Ron. is connected to South Sandy that has an auction house.).
    Though you can still use it in any Mog House

hi, can i use ashita without it checking for updates? i cant access the website today (think my isp having issues) but the program wont let me use it until it checks for updates, so hoping there is a way around this so i can use it!

nvm, i used a command argument --noupdate to start ashita, but it seems i cant get ffxi to run at all anyway /sigh cox isp is being a cox!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

You can launch Ashita with the --noupdate command line option to skip updates. Keep in mind when this is enabled it also disables downloading addons/plugins as their information will not be populated.

Make sure that your anti-virus/firewall are not interfering with Ashita as well. (Including Windows Defender.)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So anyone notice things occasionally acting a little weird lately with ashitacast? As far as I can tell while the rest of the game is running fine when I do a ws (and maybe some other action not sure harder to track) it will delay that action but go ahead and swap gear with normal timing. So what will happen is I'll say hit ws it will swap to ws gear swap back to idle gear then like a good second later finally ws. Not an everytime thing but like half the time now and pretty noticeable because the huge dmg differences plus the weird pause. Sometimes get that weird pause doing /ranged attack while not getting the tp my midshot should give

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Are you using debug to verify the gear has swapped or actually seeing the swaps on your equip screen? I ask because ashitacast's model should make it impossible for the WS packet to arrive seperately from the gear packet. Furthermore, are you using any addon or plugin that could be generating an excessive amount of packet injections?

The 2 second delay before swapping back makes sense(Ashitacast will discard a command 2 seconds after initiating it if the server fails to send the packet making your character activate it, allowing you to return to idle gear in the event of a dropped packet). So, it sounds like the WS packet is reaching the server on time. The bizarre part is that the WS packet and accompanying swaps should always be in the same outgoing communication under normal conditions, so if the swaps are arriving the WS should be too.

Any further input or corroborating reports of the same issue would be helpful. I can't easily debug something that's happening after the data is sent out, and by the sounds of it your data is being sent out correctly.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah first thing I did was turn debug mode on. What really got my attention was my magical ws kept doing waaaaaaaaay lower than expected. First few I chalked off to potential resist but then it became so many on fairly easy mobs I looked into the gear changing

Don't think I am. At the time was solo and only plugin/addons I had loaded aside from the ones that start in the initial text were ashitacast, gearlock, lootwhore, and find.

Yeah I thought it was pretty weird too since was only doing it that since last update as far as I can tell was only in omen and well even when I've massively lagged in the past ashitacast will send stuff in same order.

Haven't had it happen since then at least as far as I know but also haven't really been playing melees so can check again when I get the chance

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

If you didn't verify it on the equip screen, the swaps were most likely not happening either. Debug prints at the time the outgoing packets are sent, it doesn't verify that they arrived at the server. Most likely chalk that up to lag problems. Response times would have to exceed 2 seconds for that, which seems ridiculous, but it completely fits your description.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Oh I thought you were asking if I did debug too. Not specifically on ws no but for ranged attacks I was but shit happens pretty fast and didn't see it on one of the lag out ones as was pretty hit or miss. Ah ok yeah that's why was asking if it was me. I'm like a few blocks away from some of the big norcal fires so internet was pretty shaky when it finally did come back up

edit: and yep seemed fine last night

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Oh I thought you were asking if I did debug too. Not specifically on ws no but for ranged attacks I was but shit happens pretty fast and didn't see it on one of the lag out ones as was pretty hit or miss. Ah ok yeah that's why was asking if it was me. I'm like a few blocks away from some of the big norcal fires so internet was pretty shaky when it finally did come back up

edit: and yep seemed fine last night
    Had our yearly fun with fires last month here as well (Cali/Nevada border here), stay safe!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So since a few days ago when ashita updated itself very I seem to be having problems occasionally with ranged attacks and ashitacast. It's pretty weird like for awhile it will happen about 90% of the time then will stop all together in the middle of an event. Specifically what I mean is I will get a lot of random "you must wait longer to perform this action" somewhere in the middle of my ranged attack and judging by debug and tp returns I'm at the very least not finishing in my midshot set when this happens.

Almost seems like it's trying to ranged attack again in the middle. But 1. I'm only pressing once. 2. I thought ashitacast blocked in those cases. 3. When it's not doing it it wont when I double tap unless I pause till actual midshot

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Almost seems like it's trying to ranged attack again in the middle.
    Piggy backing a bit, I've been having a similar thing that seems intermittent when casting spells. Certain times I log in it doesn't happen at all, others, the whole session. I can't seem to pin down conditions it occurs under and it's not restricted to certain spells. The chat log shows I start casting, I start casting then the 'unable to cast spell' message comes up in the chat log on the next line, as if it's casting the spell twice.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Same thing, server is not responding in an appropriate time frame. The server doesn't tell the client that the action started, so the client tells the server to start it again. It's nothing to do with ashitacast, the client will send the outgoing packet again if the server doesn't acknowledge the first. Whether this is due to server issues(more likely in instances, especially omen) or your own connection isn't something I can diagnose from the provided information.

Precast and midcast are inserted around each outgoing, so unless the action start packet isn't received at all you should still be in the correct gear. You would need a latency of more than 2 seconds to end up in incorrect gear.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Has usually been omen though usually when I'm solo. I'm gunna blame Comcast

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Solo doesn't really make it any better, the issues are caused by the amount of instances. Unless you're the only person in henge at the time, it's still going to be bogged down.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Has usually been omen though usually when I'm solo. I'm gunna blame Comcast
    Can't directly say it's related, but Comcast has been having huge problems with their services across the states lately. So it could be tied to that.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Spoiler: show
    Hi Atom0s, I have tried to post this on git.ashita but I keep getting the big 500 error page.

There seems to be some kind of bug with Ashita.

No Pc/Npc/Mob models are loading on screen, Just names.

I have run Ashita with all addons and plugins unloaded, but this does not fix the issue.
    Nothing untoward in the log file.
    I do not have this issue when running the game via retail launcher.

Thanks
    /xeno

edit.
    Apologies there were an error with my retail config file. Once changed the error of no models loading was fixed. (not sure how)

Thanks
    /xeno

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Quote Originally Posted by xenonsmurf View Post
    Spoiler: show
    Hi Atom0s, I have tried to post this on git.ashita but I keep getting the big 500 error page.

There seems to be some kind of bug with Ashita.

No Pc/Npc/Mob models are loading on screen, Just names.

I have run Ashita with all addons and plugins unloaded, but this does not fix the issue.
    Nothing untoward in the log file.
    I do not have this issue when running the game via retail launcher.

Thanks
    /xeno

edit.
    Apologies there were an error with my retail config file. Once changed the error of no models loading was fixed. (not sure how)

Thanks
    /xeno
    Glad to hear your issue is fixed. Can you link me to the page that was erroring for you?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast