+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

EDIT: I suck at uploading images lol D.Va rework coming. More DPS, half her DM time. Quote below.

. . . . . . I hate the Official Forum Whiners.

For the record, she will now have 2 seconds of DM. Figures, and I just bought her golden weapon lol.(Mostly because she is my second most used and turns out CP caps at 6k)

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Image is showing up as shite on my phone. Incoming nerf?

Yeah sorry, was having issues with the image. I'll just direct quote. From Geoff Goodman.

Actually, we've made some significant changes to D.Va internally and have been testing them for a while now. Here are the changes we've made:

Defense Matrix: Energy drain increased by 2x. This means her effective uptime for this ability has been reduced by 50%.

Boosters: D.Va can now use her Fusion Cannons while flying.

New ability - Micro Missiles: D.Va launches a long salvo of small missiles that explode on impact, dealing damage in a small radius around them. This ability can be used while using her other abilities or firing her Fusion Cannons.

The combination of these changes allow her to play more aggressively and deal more damage, at the cost of being able to Defense Matrix as often as before. Defense Matrix still remains an extremely powerful tool when timed correctly, but the reduced uptime means D.Va won't be able to use it nearly as often overall.

Her new Micro Missiles ability in combination with her ability to fire while flying allow for some more aggressive play, as well as opening up some new options versus heroes such as Pharah.

Overall the goal here is to reduce her reliance on Defense Matrix and make her more fun to play. As far as balancing goes, we want to nerf Defense Matrix as an ability, not D.Va as a hero.

She has been a ton of fun to play with these changes, and we're looking forward you letting you guys play with them as well. Hopefully we'll have a new PTR up soon!

More DPS is nice, but with only 2 seconds of DM and a critbox the size of the sun, she is going to start dying. Fast.

BG Level

So can we bitch about Pharah being OP now?

I'm a Pharah main so... no. But yes you're right. That's the first thing my thoughts went to. With this nerf to DM, it's going to make Pharah a lot easier to play because no one will be eating my shots. Which in turn, is just going to make more people bitch on the OF whoch so far has lead to nerfs to Roadhog, Doomfist, Ana, and now D.va.

The other issue being Pharah really isn't that OP. Just most people fight her wrong because the ideal way to fight her was D.va and Zen. However that won't really be the case anymore. I'm not sure if anyone here remembers, but Pharah before flight adjustments was BAD. No one wanted her. I constantly got asked to change and only managed because I was a good Pharah who was consistently gold kills. There really isn't a way to nerf Pharah without trashing the character. Her DPS is actually one of the lowest of all the offense heroes.

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I don't like the change because D.Va is essentially becoming a DPS now. With a this new Matrix and her current Shield/Health split, how exactly is she a tank?

Edit: I agree something needed to be done about Matrix, I just feel this is too extreme.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I think this was brought up in the old thread, but dear god competitive lucioball rankings are fucked up beyond belief. I'm average at best at Lucioball and came out with a 2958 rating.

Yeah I'm hating these changes right now to D.Va. Mostly because they say nothing about changing her crit box. Reaper and Hog are going to tear her apart. This got brought up on OF that I didn't even think about.

Bastion. Without being able to eat his shots, Bastion + Rein/Orisa is going to be a massive PITA now.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

matrix probably needed to be nerfed for some time, but this feels pretty rough. that said now it's more of a chase down dps and you should still have no problems going after pharahs relentlessly, especially now that you can fire while in the air.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

yea if anything DVA will be better @ actually fighting Pharah but wow that is a hell of a nerf. Her last two updates have both been to reduce her tanking viability which is INTERESTING

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

also i was thinking they should just let roadhog use his hook as a grappling hook in addition to player hook.

TANK META

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Seagull is currently streaming from Gamescom. Junkertown looks fun. Roadhog changes are really strong, he tried tanking a bunch of different things and survived it all. Being able to move while using the health recovery is really good.

Mercy changes confirmed to be coming. DPS Mercy!

https://clips.twitch.tv/ToughAltruisticDurianMcaT

I like to eat food
    BG Level

That Junkrat double jump in that clip was awesome.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

i was watching for a little just now and i only got to see him play soldier

BG Level

Mercy changes? Hopefully RIP to Pharmercy and her insane ult charge

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I only see the rez finally getting nerfed.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Please nerf the ult charge for Mercy. Its absolutely cancerous to the game. Being able to rez every 2 minutes of sustained combat healing is bonkers. If she wants fast ult charge, she should have to pop out some sick headshots like Zen and everyone else.

As much as I enjoyed the mid-ranks defender and counter-puncher style of the current Dva, I, for one, welcome our new Madcat/Timberwolf Dva Overlords. Having infinite auto LBX autocannon and now dual racks of SRMs? Am I playing battletech? All I need now are some PPCs or Clan ER lasers.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Please nerf the ult charge for Mercy. Its absolutely cancerous to the game. Being able to rez every 2 minutes of sustained combat healing is bonkers. If she wants fast ult charge, she should have to pop out some sick headshots like Zen and everyone else.

As much as I enjoyed the mid-ranks defender and counter-puncher style of the current Dva, I, for one, welcome our new Madcat/Timberwolf Dva Overlords. Having infinite auto LBX autocannon and now dual racks of SRMs? Am I playing battletech? All I need now are some PPCs or Clan ER lasers.
    And this is why great minds think alike.

2 minutes? lol Under ideal conditions Mercy Ult has been shown to charge in as little as 30 seconds. It's a fucking nightmare. Every push "kill the mercy!" Which in it's own way is fine but I also main Pharah and when she's zooming around the battlefield and I also have a 76, a zen and a mccree trying to shoot me and I'm still gold kills, gold damage and gold obj kills... yet when I say the other DPS need to pick it up I'm the asshole.

BG Level

Mercy's ult is my biggest gripe as I do think something that game changing charges too fast.

Other than that I wand her angelic descent adjusted in some way so she can't always be a conjoined twin to Pharah