Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 294 of 302 FirstFirst ... 244 284 292 293 294 295 296 ... LastLast

Thread: Gearswap Help Thread!     submit to reddit submit to twitter

it should be
    Thaumas Coat

I have this line of code in my blu lua and it should work to change from my normal tp set into my high haste set but the problem that i'm having is that even without caped haste it's putting me into my high haste set.

Code:
    if buffactive.March==2 or buffactive.March==1 and buffactive.Haste or buffactive[580]  and buffactive.Haste  or buffactive['Mighty Guard']  and buffactive[580]  then
                equipSet = equipSet["HighHaste"]
            end

Quote Originally Posted by Lewyo View Post
    I have this line of code in my blu lua and it should work to change from my normal tp set into my high haste set but the problem that i'm having is that even without caped haste it's putting me into my high haste set.

Code:
    if buffactive.March==2 or buffactive.March==1 and buffactive.Haste or buffactive[580]  and buffactive.Haste  or buffactive['Mighty Guard']  and buffactive[580]  then
            end
    i cant even tell what you are checking for
    it looks like a complete mess

I want it to check buffactive in groups to see if it meets a level of caped haste and if so equip my haste set so for instance buffs haste and mighty guard = caped haste same for Haste and Indi-Haste etc

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

You're probably running into trouble with operator precedence. The and statements are evaluated before the or statements.

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Don't try to fit that all into one if (...) condition, too many combinations.

Try something like this - a function with some safe assumptions on the potency of haste buffs you're getting.

Code:
    if effectiveHaste(0) >= 43.5 then --If Haste at Magical Haste Cap
    end
    Code:
    function effectiveHaste(equiphaste)
        jahaste = 0
        magichaste = 0

if equiphaste > 25 then
            equiphaste = 25
        end

--JA. Caps at 25
        if buffactive['Haste Samba'] then
            jahaste = jahaste + 5
        end
        if jahaste > 25 then
            jahaste = 25
        end

-- Magical. Caps at 43.5
        if buffactive[33] then --Assume Haste2 since we have flutter
            magichaste = magichaste + 30
        end
        if buffactive.march then --12 per march as worst case, really scrub brd
            magichaste = magichaste + 12*buffactive.march
        end
        if buffactive[580] then --Indihaste, assume Dunna/+5 at least
            magichaste = magichaste + 35
        end
        if buffactive['Mighty Guard'] then
            magichaste = magichaste + 15
        end
        if buffactive.embrava then
            magichaste = magichaste + 22
        end
        if magichaste > 43.5 then
            magichaste = 43.5
        end

totalHaste = equiphaste + jahaste + magichaste
        if totalHaste > 80 then
        	totalHaste = 80
        end

return totalHaste
    end

Relic Shield
    BG Level

If you dont do what radec suggests you definitely need to add some parenthesis.

if buffactive.March==2 or ( buffactive.March==1 and buffactive.Haste ) or ( buffactive[580] and buffactive.Haste ) or ( buffactive['Mighty Guard'] and buffactive[580] ) then

if i ever use code like this i have problems without parenthesis.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    If you dont do what radec suggests you definitely need to add some parenthesis.

Code:
    if buffactive.March==2 or ( buffactive.March==1 and buffactive.Haste ) or ( buffactive[580]  and buffactive.Haste  ) or ( buffactive['Mighty Guard']  and buffactive[580] ) then
    if i ever use code like this i have problems without parenthesis.
    not only you will have issues gearswap will as well
    because the way it was posted it will get garbled and turn into a false no matter what buffs you have (well unless you have buffactive.March==2)

the way it was posted
    Code:
    it looks like this to the system (this is called a cascading failure)
    Code:
    if buffactive.March==2 or (buffactive.March==1 and (buffactive.Haste or (buffactive[580]  and (buffactive.Haste  or (buffactive['Mighty Guard']  and buffactive[580])))))  then
    an or causes the processing to break as if it was another if
    you need to use () to separate the things you want to check when doing something like this
    --basicaly () tell the system to run this check first to get its results then do the whole if line with the results
    example:
    if check1 or check2 and check3 then --no good -- if any of the check's are false it would make the if false
    if check1 or (check2 and check3) then --good --if check2 and check3 are both true then the () is true else it is false

just remember that all an if/elseif checks for is the the outcome is true or false. if true run the code in the if, if false do not

Quote Originally Posted by Radec View Post
    Don't try to fit that all into one if (...) condition, too many combinations.

Try something like this - a function with some safe assumptions on the potency of haste buffs you're getting.

Code:
    if effectiveHaste(0) >= 43.5 then --If Haste at Magical Haste Cap
    end
    Code:
    function effectiveHaste(equiphaste)
        jahaste = 0
        magichaste = 0

if equiphaste > 25 then
            equiphaste = 25
        end

--JA. Caps at 25
        if buffactive['Haste Samba'] then
            jahaste = jahaste + 5
        end
        if jahaste > 25 then
            jahaste = 25
        end

-- Magical. Caps at 43.5
        if buffactive[33] then --Assume Haste2 since we have flutter
            magichaste = magichaste + 30
        end
        if buffactive.march then --12 per march as worst case, really scrub brd
        end
        if buffactive[580] then --Indihaste, assume Dunna/+5 at least
            magichaste = magichaste + 35
        end
        if buffactive['Mighty Guard'] then
            magichaste = magichaste + 15
        end
        if buffactive.embrava then
            magichaste = magichaste + 22
        end
        if magichaste > 43.5 then
            magichaste = 43.5
        end

totalHaste = equiphaste + jahaste + magichaste
        if totalHaste > 80 then
            totalHaste = 80
        end

return totalHaste
    end
    please change
    to
    magichaste = magichaste + (12*buffactive.march)
    just to be safe

i would change those 3 variables to local varables
    aka
    local jahaste = 0
    local magichaste = 0
    local totalHaste = equiphaste + jahaste + magichaste
    you are keeping things in memory that you just dont need to

Thanks for the reply's, I have change what i was using to the above code and it's now working as i wanted it to :D

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I have recently come back to the game after being gone for several years. Back in the day I used Windower and had a summoning skill up script so I could cap my skills at 75. Now I am level 99 and of course my skills are seriously lacking.

I have download/install the Gearswap add on into my windower. I then took the skillup.lua file and put it in my gearswap > data folder (it said to put in gearswap > data > character folder, but I do not have a character folder, inside the data folder is simply a readme type file). I have searched and tried to figure out how to execute it and I finally found somewhere that said to type /toggle_console to bring up the console screen. From there I typed gs 1 skillup.lua, as that is what it said to do, and it says "command not found" I have tried everything I can think of to get it load so I am here for help.

What am I missing or doing wrong here? I tried also simply typing in "gs c start summoning" and nothing happens either, I summoned an avatar and nothing. Are there other files I need to add to my gearswap folder? Some other place to enter the execute command? I am at a loss here! Any help is appreciated.

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

The command you want is "gs load skillup.lua" - you can use "gs l skillup.lua" as a shortcut, but looks like that's be confused as "gs (one) skillup.lua" above.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandababy2003 View Post
    I have recently come back to the game after being gone for several years. Back in the day I used Windower and had a summoning skill up script so I could cap my skills at 75. Now I am level 99 and of course my skills are seriously lacking.

I have download/install the Gearswap add on into my windower. I then took the skillup.lua file and put it in my gearswap > data folder (it said to put in gearswap > data > character folder, but I do not have a character folder, inside the data folder is simply a readme type file). I have searched and tried to figure out how to execute it and I finally found somewhere that said to type /toggle_console to bring up the console screen. From there I typed gs 1 skillup.lua, as that is what it said to do, and it says "command not found" I have tried everything I can think of to get it load so I am here for help.

What am I missing or doing wrong here? I tried also simply typing in "gs c start summoning" and nothing happens either, I summoned an avatar and nothing. Are there other files I need to add to my gearswap folder? Some other place to enter the execute command? I am at a loss here! Any help is appreciated.
    i wrote this Gearswap-Skillup https://github.com/smd111/Gearswap-Skillup
    the command to load it is (in chat)"//gs l skillup.lua" aka "//gs (lower case L) skillup.lua"

it has a menu system
    and i recommend using SMN/GEO if you can

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I just learnt to read ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Hixxy View Post
    I just learnt to read ^^
    its ok, it happens to everybody(including me)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

question that's been frustrating me-

My RNG lua is set up with different pre/mid sets based upon which RMEA I currently have equipped (with different amounts of snapshot on the weapons themselves, this justifies differing preshot sets, and differing delays/styles justify differing midshot sets). My question is this- I would like to put a check in for times when I'm using a specific weapon AND AM3 is up (looking to build an AM3 set for my Gandiva, if the specifics help). However, I don't want to equip this set when using, say Fomalhaut and AM3 is up.

I'm comfortable with buff checks for gearsets (the "if buffactive['buffname'] then equipset(the sets/iterations)" logic), but what is the cleanest way to have something do that same buff check only when certain equipment is on?

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrindor View Post
    question that's been frustrating me-

My RNG lua is set up with different pre/mid sets based upon which RMEA I currently have equipped (with different amounts of snapshot on the weapons themselves, this justifies differing preshot sets, and differing delays/styles justify differing midshot sets). My question is this- I would like to put a check in for times when I'm using a specific weapon AND AM3 is up (looking to build an AM3 set for my Gandiva, if the specifics help). However, I don't want to equip this set when using, say Fomalhaut and AM3 is up.

I'm comfortable with buff checks for gearsets (the "if buffactive['buffname'] then equipset(the sets/iterations)" logic), but what is the cleanest way to have something do that same buff check only when certain equipment is on?
    like this
    Code:
    if player.equipment.range == "Gandiva" then
        if buffactive['Aftermath: Lv.3'] then
            ----change gear
        else
            ----change gear
        end

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by dlsmd View Post
    like this
    Code:
    if player.equipment.range == "Gandiva" then
        if buffactive['Aftermath: Lv.3'] then
            ----change gear
        else
            ----change gear
        end
    /bow- will be giving it a run this evening!

well it looks like the forum is fixed

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So I made up this rule to toggle backwards on my tp/dt sets. It works forwards and then backwards, but can't look back from the first set to the last set. Throws a concatenate error.

Any advice?

Code:

elseif command == 'toggle backwards' then
    	if DT == true then
    	DT_ind = DT_ind -1
    	if DT_ind > #sets.DT.index then DT_ind = 1 end
    	send_command('@input /echo <----- DT Set changed to ' .. sets.DT.index[DT_ind] .. ' ----->')
    	ChangeGear(sets.DT[sets.DT.index[DT_ind]])
    	elseif DT == false then
    	TP_ind = TP_ind -1
    	TizonaAM3_ind = TizonaAM3_ind -1
    	if TP_ind > #sets.TP.index then TP_ind = 1 end
    	if TizonaAM3_ind > #sets.TizonaAM3.index then TizonaAM3_ind = 1 end
    		if TizonaAM3 == true then
    		ChangeGear(sets.TizonaAM3[sets.TizonaAM3.index[TizonaAM3_ind]])
    			send_command('@input /echo <----- Tizona TP Set changed to ' .. sets.TizonaAM3.index[TizonaAM3_ind] .. ' ----->')
    		else
    			ChangeGear(sets.TP[sets.TP.index[TP_ind]])
    			send_command('@input /echo <----- TP Set changed to ' .. sets.TP.index[TP_ind] .. ' ----->')
    			end
    		end

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Your conditions are going to want to be like this instead, copy/paste/change for each _Ind

Code:
    if DT_ind < 1 then DT_ind = #sets.DT.index end
    "If index less than 1, use highest index" rather than "If index greater than highest index, use 1"