1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 20 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 39 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 15 hours, 20 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 18 hours, 39 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 152 of 159 FirstFirst ... 102 142 150 151 152 153 154 ... LastLast
    Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    I haven't spiritbonded in a while, have a shiny new set of level 70 gear. Guidance?
    New spiritbonding potion + 1 meld to each piece and can completely bond to 100% in about an hour of legendary nodes.

New question:

Fisher is 68 with only about 20 leves remaining. How do I reach 70 in like 2-3 hours? I wanna be done with this.

For me I just did it naturally doing lv68 Fisher quest (lots of spearfishing) and using commercial scrolls

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Screw that lvl 68 fishing quest, don't pick up silverhead sharks or tawny shark leve those are near non existant.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shaano View Post
    don't pick up silverhead sharks or tawny shark leve those are near non existant.
    ^
    Silvers are not that bad if you use the minnow lure, though their window isn't up very often. Tawnies are horrible.
    Spearfishing is definitely the way to go for fast xp.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

How much perception do you need to max out collectability per swing on yellow scrip items?

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    How much perception do you need to max out collectability per swing on yellow scrip items?

Not sure, but it isnt as high as the required perception to gather them HQ. I run with around 1150 P and have little trouble reching cap.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    I'm pretty sure just HQ crafted gear with no melds will do it. Not 100% sure though.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Yellow scrip gear also does the job. Just tools and left side. Will still have 0% HQ rate if you care about that though.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Any creative ways to obtain shards that isn't gathering, market boards, gardening? The amount of shards/crystals I'm going through these days crafting is truly shocking.

retainers!

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

They are busy getting me mats.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Was gonna say gardening but you already shot it down. 100 crystals per plant per day isn't too shabby though honestly.

You could fish and desynth them >_> Takes a while though but if you're fishing for completion the shards and crystals add up...

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

while technically gathering: Diadem if you have your own airship. 10 of the dol tokens = 600(?) crystals + what you dig up while in there

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

ding! FSH 70!

...now what? o.O

farming the Castaway Chocobo Chick but after that, I really don't know what to do. gonna get my scrip gear, but all the yellow scrip fish require ridiculously expensive bait. altho I guess I could just red scrip it up and farm my own bait.

I hear Dusklight Aethersands are a timesink up front but well worth it, too. papa needs to make back all the money I spent on leveling lol

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Fill your fish log.

That's the real FSH endgame.

Gotta catch 'em all.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

but I's po', so po'

there's a really good youtube guide on aethersands, I think I'll just do that. the only really bad part is the first book, and even that's only 2500 scrips

I did feel really good finishing the last quest. in true FFXIV fashion, they make you feel like a freaking hero. I was like YEAH I CAUGHT THOSE PLESIOSAURS LIKE A BOSS NBD NOW WORSHIP ME PLEBS

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Fishing those up was amusing due to how big they were, something like 40-50' dinosaurs that you're catching with a fishing rod.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    ding! FSH 70!

...now what? o.O

farming the Castaway Chocobo Chick but after that, I really don't know what to do. gonna get my scrip gear, but all the yellow scrip fish require ridiculously expensive bait. altho I guess I could just red scrip it up and farm my own bait.

I hear Dusklight Aethersands are a timesink up front but well worth it, too. papa needs to make back all the money I spent on leveling lol
    Thousandfangs are best for yellow scrips. It's Spearfishing. They come from a Shadow node that's spawned by spearing 10 Bashful Batfish in the Kobayashi Maru. You can spawn one shadow node every 5 minutes using Veteran Trade on the Sea Lamps. And if the HQ Gathering % + pops with it comes up as like 88% with food. Everything pops out HQ. Anything 900+ is great scrips. Mitsuriku Sharks give 75 red max, and Thousandfangs give 38 yellow max. Same node and about 50/50 spear rate.

Just make sure you use the small gig for the Bashful Batfish, and the large gig for the Thousandfangs.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

I've actually tried that a couple times, 100% NQ rate and around 1/3 attempts just plain fail. :/

789/628, maybe I need to up my gear/melds? I'm using Nomad Meat Pies.

Having decent luck with Tao Bitterlings, but of course that route doesn't give any yellow scrips

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    I've actually tried that a couple times, 100% NQ rate and around 1/3 attempts just plain fail. :/

789/628, maybe I need to up my gear/melds? I'm using Nomad Meat Pies.

Having decent luck with Tao Bitterlings, but of course that route doesn't give any yellow scrips
    My FSH is sitting at 968 Gathering and 737 Perception before food, I use HQ Jhammel Moussaka.