Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

As the great Paul Harvey once said....... Stand by for NEWS!

Ok, those new weapons suck. What the hell was SE thinking when they came up with this load of maggot infested fecal matter?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

.... Um... wut? ._.

BLM on polearms and stuff? What is this? Does not compute.

Probably upgraded rune weapons.. Would explain why doctor status was talked about recently.

.... Why can't the damn g.sword have the same massive job range as the others? I don't want to do Master Trials for aby procs. ;;

Campaign
    BG Level

Wonder what they changed in those H2H WS description. Anybody has the old and new descriptions to compare?
    Also wonder why they added a single new Raetic equipment in addition to that plethora of weapons.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Wonder what they changed in those H2H WS description. Anybody has the old and new descriptions to compare?
    Also wonder why they added a single new Raetic equipment in addition to that plethora of weapons.
    The old/new are listed. They replaced parrying skill with guarding skill. lol

Raetic matches up w/ the old Rune items from Strange Apparatuses. Pretty sure the only Rune armor was Rune Bangles.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Yeager View Post
    As the great Paul Harvey once said....... Stand by for NEWS!

Ok, those new weapons suck. What the hell was SE thinking when they came up with this load of maggot infested fecal matter?
    My reaction:
    Spoiler: show

There is only one Harvey, and it isn't Paul, and it didn't strike Texas.

Yes the new armor and weapons sucks terribly. Just like the runeic level 75 weapons they are modeled off of sucked too (outside of chopper for DRK before the 80% delay cap).

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    The old/new are listed. They replaced parrying skill with guarding skill. lol
    No I meant the Weapon Skills.
    SE said they changed the description in some of them: Shoulder Tackle / One Inch Punch / Backhand Blow / Howling Fist / Final Heaven / Ascetic’s Fury / Tornado Kick
    They also mention there currently is an error in the Dragon Kick description (says 8 hit while it's 2)

Raetic matches up w/ the old Rune items from Strange Apparatuses. Pretty sure the only Rune armor was Rune Bangles.
    Oh... makes sense I guess.
    Makes me wonder if the "Strange Apparatus" change they did a couple of patches ago was just for this patch, or if there's more to come about that all in the future.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Probably has something to do with how they counted offhand hits or something before

Relic Shield
    BG Level

So they didnt fix the actual ability boost, just its description?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    There was a text message error. Boost would say it wore off (when it didn't) if you used Steps with it active.

Campaign
    BG Level

They already mentioned multiple times in the JP forums that according to them Boost is perfectly fine and working as they intended it to work.
    There is no "bug" to fix, just the wrong text thing.

The fact it's completely stupid is another story, but it's still "working as intended".
    I dunno, if you ask me I'd revert Boost, Focus and Dodge the way they were before honestly. The H2H Delay/damage and Footwork changes instead were okay.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Fix?! Pft, they are done with MNK.

They gave it a couple adjustments in separate updates. I am willing to bet they feel they did a good job and can come back later.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

You mean how it prevents you from engaging when you have boost up is intended? Dont give two shits about a description really lol.

Also pleasse tell me the chicken knife looks like a rubber chicken!

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You mean how it prevents you from engaging when you have boost up is intended? Dont give two shits about a description really lol.

That would be the third best thing from the update besides the shields, and the rusk descriptions, finally.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

No I meant the Weapon Skills.
    SE said they changed the description in some of them: Shoulder Tackle / One Inch Punch / Backhand Blow / Howling Fist / Final Heaven / Ascetic’s Fury / Tornado Kick
    They also mention there currently is an error in the Dragon Kick description (says 8 hit while it's 2)

Oh... makes sense I guess.
    Makes me wonder if the "Strange Apparatus" change they did a couple of patches ago was just for this patch, or if there's more to come about that all in the future.
    My mistake. ^^;; No idea on what the changes might be. Could be something as silly as adding a comma somewhere tho tbh. Fun note, the Dragon Kick typo is NA client only, it's not listed in the JP patch notes.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    They gave it a couple adjustments in separate updates. I am willing to bet they feel they did a good job and can come back later.
    There has been a lot of complaints in the JP forums as well, which leads me to think they will have to come back to MNK sooner rather than later.
    Clearly they have other stuff in their schedule for now but I don't think we'll have to wait another year to see them do some more tweaks to MNK.

(ok, call me an optimist!)

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Chicken Knife II looks like a stylized chocobo head. They showed off a bunch of homage weapons a while back, it's the giant yellow thing. When they showed it again in the FP, the JP players couldn't tell at first if it was a dagger or an axe. lol

EDIT: Have a screenshot :3
    Spoiler: show

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    My mistake. ^^;; No idea on what the changes might be. Could be something as silly as adding a comma somewhere tho tbh. Fun note, the Dragon Kick typo is NA client only, it's not listed in the JP patch notes.
    Like Dasva already said I'm pretty confident it's about the number of hits in the description.
    Previously all H2H WS used to account for the offhand hit inside the WS description. There was an exception to that, Tornado Kick (I think that's the one?).
    They probably decided to allign the description to the same format for all WS? I dunno.

Tbh it makes sense that for H2H the WS description takes into account the offhand hit. It's not like you can "unequip" your offhand weapon, which is the case for jobs who dualwield.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Tornado kick used to say 2 now it says 3. A bunch of those used to not say which meant 1 main hand 1 off hand now it specifies 2 fold

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

(ok, call me an optimist!)
    God damned optimists.