+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

I just had a connect in ATL that was all the way on the other side of the airport. We were in second to last row of an airbus full of elderly floridians fleeing Irma so you know deboarding took for fucking ever. we were more than fine with the scheduled 45 minutes.

Airlines won't sell you a ticket with a layover that you can't make (assuming everything runs on time)

I had a 40 minute layover in Frankfurt that became 20 when our fucking plane taxi'd around for 20 minutes before deboarding, we had to go through passport line and we were still okay. They were already boarding but it was an international flight, one of those big as fuck planes that takes forever to board.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I try to make sure I have a layover of at least an hour if my flight connects. I had 30 minutes once and got off the plane with about 10 minutes and really had to take a dump. Most stressful poop ever.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    I just had a connect in ATL that was all the way on the other side of the airport. We were in second to last row of an airbus full of elderly floridians fleeing Irma so you know deboarding took for fucking ever. we were more than fine with the scheduled 45 minutes.

Airlines won't sell you a ticket with a layover that you can't make (assuming everything runs on time)

I had a 40 minute layover in Frankfurt that became 20 when our fucking plane taxi'd around for 20 minutes before deboarding, we had to go through passport line and we were still okay. They were already boarding but it was an international flight, one of those big as fuck planes that takes forever to board.
    Customs at Atlanta takes fucking forever imo. Gotta build an hour in for it.

Anyway, I like longer layovers to begin with. Decompress, eat some food, take a shit.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Iceland tomorrow. Oktoberfest in Munich 3 days after that. Fucking hypeee!

I'm going to come back with a beer belly baby.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Did you pack lederhosen

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Feeling like I need to get away on my long weekend(nov 4-7). For some reason I've got an itch to go to Vegas, maybe it's because of football season.

Looking for opinions/recommendations on hotels. What I can afford is much higher than what I want to spend. However, I don't want this trip to be ruined by cheaping out on a room. looking at the 4+ star hotels(is a 3.5 like the Luxor any different?). The Jew in me wants to go with the ultra cheap deal at the Westgate for $32/night, but then I want to stay at a few of the iconic spots like the Luxor or the Monte Carlo for $80/night, but then my brain says why not spend a little more and stay at the palms or trump(just to say I've stayed at a 5*). Or I could stay one night at the westgate and another night at the bellagio or Venetian or something and still feel like I didn't go outside of my self imposed budget.

Also some recommendations on places to go in and outside the city.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Go to a hockey game. Apparently the whole facility is fucking awesome.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Westgate sucks donkey dick, don't do it.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Westgate sucks donkey dick, don't do it.
    In what way? It looks uneventful, which is probably why my brain is telling me to go with it, but always going with the boring is why I'm wanting to take this trip to get out of that funk.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by FNH View Post
    Feeling like I need to get away on my long weekend(nov 4-7). For some reason I've got an itch to go to Vegas, maybe it's because of football season.

Looking for opinions/recommendations on hotels. What I can afford is much higher than what I want to spend. However, I don't want this trip to be ruined by cheaping out on a room. looking at the 4+ star hotels(is a 3.5 like the Luxor any different?). The Jew in me wants to go with the ultra cheap deal at the Westgate for $32/night, but then I want to stay at a few of the iconic spots like the Luxor or the Monte Carlo for $80/night, but then my brain says why not spend a little more and stay at the palms or trump(just to say I've stayed at a 5*). Or I could stay one night at the westgate and another night at the bellagio or Venetian or something and still feel like I didn't go outside of my self imposed budget.

Also some recommendations on places to go in and outside the city.
    Palms is off the strip so don’t do that. Also don’t stay at a dump because it means shitty clientele and shitty hotel amenities, features, restaurants, etc.

Luxor is a dump but it’s connected to Mandalay Bay which rules. Only problem is it’s all the way at the bottom of the strip which is a pain in the ass.

Caesars or Planet Hollywood are where I generally stay, mainly cuz I’m platinum at Total Rewards properties BUT they are good and clean and lots of shit to do and mid-strip for ultra convenience.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's been a few years since I stayed at the Westgate so things may have changed, but it's just across the board shittiness. Rooms weren't good, Wi-Fi was bad, and being off strip is just annoying. There's a monorail station attached to the hotel, but not being able to just walk out to the strip gets old.

Anyone on here who frequents the fighting game threads (since we've all spent time there for tournaments) would echo the same things. It's event room is decent, but that's obviously not something that would apply to most visitors to Vegas.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

10-4 looking at ones on the strip. The cosmopolitan and vdara are both pretty central and will run about 150-160 a night, and I've spent more on lights on my truck but I haven't quite talked myself into that yet. Paris was about that range too, but not quite my style. Paying the 115 for Trump is nbd, but it's pretty far north, treasure island is the same price but not huge on the pirate theme

The Anti Miz

BG Level

10-4 looking at ones on the strip. The cosmopolitan and vdara are both pretty central and will run about 150-160 a night, and I've spent more on lights on my truck but I haven't quite talked myself into that yet. Paris was about that range too, but not quite my style. Paying the 115 for Trump is nbd, but it's pretty far north, treasure island is the same price but not huge on the pirate theme
    Cosmo is basically the “it” spot in Vegas. If it’s in your budget you should do it.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    Cosmo is basically the “it” spot in Vegas. If it’s in your budget you should do it.
    I'm probably going to regret it, but I decided it was in my "afford but don't want to". I compromised and went with Ballys since it was central and cheap. Airfare and room I'm under $700. Should be a good time, for not much.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

I'm probably going to regret it, but I decided it was in my "afford but don't want to". I compromised and went with Ballys since it was central and cheap. Airfare and room I'm under $700. Should be a good time, for not much.
    Bally’s isn’t bad and it’s one of the few places with a ton of cheap food options. The sports book is good too, we will usually go watch football there if we go during the season.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I was informing some family members about my trip and got some weird reactions. I guess they thought I got the idea for my destination after the tragedy.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

I was informing some family members about my trip and got some weird reactions. I guess they thought I got the idea for my destination after the tragedy.
    now that you mention it, I suspect mandalay will be having a hell of a sale

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Zet I wanna go to England and watch some chilly footy on 24 Feb and/or 3 March, departing DEN (MCI or DFW also viable)

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

for how long fam

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

also, do you have an frequent flyer shit goin?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag