Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Questie is a huge help, by far the biggest thing needed. Nothing glows or sparkles, npcs die or go missing for 15+ minutes or just don't show quests etc. It's almost mandatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Question is a huge hell, by far the biggest thing needed. Nothing glows or sparkles, npcs die or go missing for 15+ minutes or just don't show quests etc. It's almost mandatory.
    but muh immersion! But yea, questing is a weird one, because if all you care about is end -game, I think vanilla levelling has been figured out to the extent there are places where its more efficient to grind for levels than actually going to quest hubs, just because the travel time is so immense.

I think thats ultimately a huge mindset difference between 2004 and now, I think people are more savvy of how to be more efficient in their levelling.

I know for me personally, I wasted so much time organizing dungeon groups and travelling to dungeons, (especially if we lost a tank or a healer or something) because thats the content I enjoyed the most and I didnt really know anything about the end-game.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zimt Zucker
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I hope they give the option to use the updated models/animations, 'cause while I might play around on a Vanilla server from time to time I really don't need to be staring at the fifteen year old ugly graphics and janky animations the whole time.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Holy Crap I am in Shock! I never thought Blizzard would do this.

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

This is actually happening? Guess I'll be playing WoW again for the first time since the end of BC.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

People are going to be in for a rude awakening if they don't include some minor QoL changes.

Shit, it wasn't until Cataclysm that abilities triggered on key press, rather than key release -- you had to download an addon for that.

Then again, with the new expansion deleting PvP servers, and other things, maybe vanilla will be the only real mode of play...

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Wait what. Deleting PvP servers?

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Clash Perez View Post
    I hope they give the option to use the updated models/animations, 'cause while I might play around on a Vanilla server from time to time I really don't need to be staring at the fifteen year old ugly graphics and janky animations the whole time.
    Game looks a lot better than you realize it's actually pretty surprising. I thought there was an update done to the private servers but there wasn't.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    Everyone can now flag pvp on or off in a city, you get bonuses for doing world stuff like questing while pvp flagged.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

Yep, all servers are PvE now. Individuals have to specifically flag themselves for PvP.

They sugar-coated it a bit more than that, but that's what it boils down to.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by EternityEnd View Post
    People are going to be in for a rude awakening if they don't include some minor QoL changes.

Shit, it wasn't until Cataclysm that abilities triggered on key press, rather than key release -- you had to download an addon for that.
    Probably the least needed and least mentioned thing in Vanilla.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Yea they announced that at Blizzcon. Instead of PVE or PVP servers they are going to have Scaling. You will now have a choice if you want to pvp or not. If you flag for pvp, you will be scaled where others who've chosen the same way are.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Probably the least needed and least mentioned thing in Vanilla.
    I dunno, it made a huge difference in PvP in terms of responsiveness. Your mileage may vary.

Also, no focus frames, IIRC. Or target of target.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Wow. No PvP servers.

What a fucking stupid idea.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I dunno, it made a huge difference in PvP in terms of responsiveness. Your mileage may vary.

Also, no focus frames, IIRC. Or target of target.
    Target of target exists on 1.12.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

Wow. No PvP servers.

What a fucking stupid idea.
    They actually said they were going to "make WPvP great again."

Great trolling on their part.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Going to die fast unless they go the route 2007scape has gone. Also "you think you want that, but you don't."

Yep, all servers are PvE now. Individuals have to specifically flag themselves for PvP.

They sugar-coated it a bit more than that, but that's what it boils down to.
    I highly doubt they'd do that for Vanilla servers.That announcement was made during the Deep Dive panel on the new expansion.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

After what seems like pretty much neutering world PvP, I'm expecting next will be massive world merges, to get rid of CRZ, or only have CRZ implemented for pointedly sparse areas or overly populated areas. God knows my realm could use more people around, even in current content.

Lots of things change from Blizcon to release, so who knows what will actually end up being cut vs implemented.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    After what seems like pretty much neutering world PvP, I'm expecting next will be massive world merges, to get rid of CRZ, or only have CRZ implemented for pointedly sparse areas or overly populated areas. God knows my realm could use more people around, even in current content.

Lots of things change from Blizcon to release, so who knows what will actually end up being cut vs implemented.
    Actually, I doubt they'll ever do extensive server merges. They've pivoted away from that for years now, creating a whole new technology in sharding to avoid doing merges.

Ostensibly, their reasoning is that they don't want people to lose their names, but that's never stopped them from doing other things, such as the massive inactive name purge awhile back. In reality, doing extensive merges would be awful PR for them, because it would signal that the game's population has plummeted. Notice how they stopped releasing subscription numbers in WoD?

Quote Originally Posted by carlweathers View Post
    I highly doubt they'd do that for Vanilla servers.That announcement was made during the Deep Dive panel on the new expansion.
    Yeah, my bad. I was referring to the new expansion in my first post in the thread. Apologies for slightly derailing this classic thread with that off-hand comment.