1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 6 hours, 22 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 17 hours, 37 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 23 hours, 22 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 10 hours, 37 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: GC Squadron training     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Did WP on tank and it was still a headache but got through first time with no wipes. I noticed the following issues have been fixed in today's patchnotes. I've certainly experienced the healer issue, so I'm glad they fixed it.

An issue with the Stone Vigil wherein squadron members were not behaving as intended after being hit by Koshchei's Typhoon ability.
    An issue wherein squadron members' equipment did not display correctly when glamoured with dyed items.
    An issue wherein using the order Execute Limit Break during a mission would cause that squadron member to generate enmity from nearby enemies.
    An issue wherein conjurer squadron members would not cast Cure II or Esuna on themselves during battle.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

It still works boys.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Good

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Gah, my earlier post didn't show up. Forget this.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

How do I turn off the slightly long text explaining I chemistries each time I earn one?

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    How do I turn off the slightly long text explaining I chemistries each time I earn one?
    If you mean the one I suspect you mean, did you ever actually activate any of them? if not, try to do that, and it should stop. if it's the one you get even if so, I don't know, sorry.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

According to the patch notes, the bug with engage has been fixed. No doubt from too many people mentioning it on the OF.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

No fun allowed apparently. How was this negatively effecting anything in the game when it is just solo content?

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

What was the bug? I only spammed Stone Vigil a handful of times and didn't notice anything.

pressing the "Engage" button would reset the AI members' cooldowns, so you can target an enemy, spam the button and every mob dies in a couple seconds

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

As long as doing it 30/100 times rewarded nothing, then I'm fine.

IF it rewarded something though, then I'll rage.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I just did a couple Stone Vigils. I was on DPS, so squad was CNJ(Off5)/MRD(Off5)/ARC(Off4). Seems like CNJ was much slower in casting heals; I died once and got very low on life on many pulls. Bosses are much slower; last boss had ~20% life at second jump, so the days of 1-jump kills seem to be gone. ARC still uses Barrage pretty quickly, just not back-to-back-to-back.

I did a run with the same config right before the patch and got an 8:xx run. Post patch, a reasonably quick run (no deaths, puk skip before first boss) was about 12min flat, with the last minute of that being the 2nd jump on last boss.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

My fastest run before I knew of the engage spam was about 12 minutes so that doesn't seem to have changed that much. The near death and dying part sounds accurate as well. The thing that concerns me is Yoshida recently said they didn't have any idea how to go forward with squads with this. Even tho they said this content we were receiving essentially is just a beta glimps and to expect issues and oddities. Given that we know now that each role just as a script of abilities they use in an order and don't act at all to any condition I don't think much will come of this content in the future. Most I could see them doing is giving us a gambit system and that's it.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Posted on Reddit yesterday regarding my thoughts on this, c+p'd for convenience.

----

tl;dr: This amounts to about a 5 minute longer clear on squad dungeons (except WP but there's literally no reason to do WP). Archers are still very powerful. 5 minutes longer (~14-17 minutes) is still way faster than at-level DF ARR dungeons.

This post by u/Daxtagnan emphasizes how good Command Missions were compared to PotD back when engagespam still worked. The short version of it is that PotD for levels up to about 50 were about 1/3rd less efficient for the time spent. Only at about 55 did PotD start to become worth it again, if only because Stone Vigil's exp is static while PotD's scales.

I casually did some runs this morning to feel the effects of Engage changing and instead of ~10 minute runs of Bray or Stone Vigil, it was ~15 minute runs instead. By "casually" I mean just hitting Engage on a pack and letting squad do all the work. Your own damage is basically about 1/5th to 1/6th of the total contribution (eyeball numbers), so while your own effort can save a little time it's not required if you're feeling lazy.

Any given ARR dungeon at level sync in DF will probably take closer to 25-30 minutes for the same effort and same exp. Depending on healer/tank quality in Brayflox and Stone Vigil it could take slightly longer. Ultimately this is still an extremely efficient EXP source.

To address the elephant in the room though, Archers are still very good. Instead of getting Barrage almost non-stop, you get Barrage about every 3 GCDs instead. Melee squad AI has always been god-awful, Pugilist especially so, so Archers are still the DPS of choice.

One caveat though is that if you're going to do Command Missions as a tank, do not "tank". Only use damage combo, turn off tank stance, let squad do the tanking. The healer AI is absolutely terrible and, imo, was the number one thing Engagespam "fixed" moreso than Barrage spam. The loss of it heavily impacts squad CNJ, especially in fights with multiple Esuna-able elements. If you do squads as healer you will probably need to drop a few heals on some spicy pulls. In these situations make sure to cycle Engage between each target at least once or risk taking hate on 1-2 mobs when dropping that heal.

On a final note, you will want to consider having squad on Disengage when entering certain boss arenas and pulling them to the left or right sides of the room when engaging. This is because ranged AI tends to retreat when mobs are in melee range, and this can cause them to leave the arena and be outside when the gate seals, which causes boss to reset.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    My fastest run before I knew of the engage spam was about 12 minutes so that doesn't seem to have changed that much. The near death and dying part sounds accurate as well. The thing that concerns me is Yoshida recently said they didn't have any idea how to go forward with squads with this. Even tho they said this content we were receiving essentially is just a beta glimps and to expect issues and oddities. Given that we know now that each role just as a script of abilities they use in an order and don't act at all to any condition I don't think much will come of this content in the future. Most I could see them doing is giving us a gambit system and that's it.
    Back during the 1.23 - 2.0 downtime and when they were "testing 1.23c" they said they gave Bosses and enemies the Gambit system that was originally intended for our Companions (yeah we were supposed to have Maggie as a companion by now too.) So I don't see us gambits any time soon since SE fears automation play, or rather yoshida does.

At this point though, I can see them just expanding dungeons no one queues for that may be a roadblock of some kind..

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vigilia Dulaurier
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Trying to clear the new dungeons and hit a wall.. or a mineshaft.... Anyone else having problems getting the squadron into the lift in Copperbell?

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

They will definitely teleport to you for a boss. Not sure about otherwise.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vigilia Dulaurier
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    They will definitely teleport to you for a boss. Not sure about otherwise.
    Yes, doesnt' help in Copperbell though as the first lift is after the first three mobs and from there it's still a looong way to go till first boss. Oh well, submitted bug report last night just in case. You know that formation they always idle in with tank in front, healers and DPS to the back and sides? Soon as I went into the lift they just went NOPE and stopped moving. Gits. Tried going up and down alone, tried using engage command on the mobs below, tried attacking them myself (and tried dying). Nothing made them move down.

Did the other two dungeons last night no probs, Pharos and Darkhold were fun. Not as braindead as Stone Vigil and repositioning mechanics are doable with the AI.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Try bringing the first mobs into the lift before killing them? Dunno.

Are there any new rewards for clearing the new squadron dungeons?