Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Then i don't see the point of T̶h̶e̶ ̶E̶m̶p̶e̶r̶o̶r̶ Snoke coming back.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by nicholai View Post
    Some kind of rant-y argument about a bunch of stupid shit
    lol. Let's write Star Wars movies guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Then i don't see the point of T̶h̶e̶ ̶E̶m̶p̶e̶r̶o̶r̶ Snoke coming back.
    I hope he doesn't.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

My issue with snoke, is that even tho it was cool how Kylo killed him, it still sucked

He's suppose to be the supreme leader, yet didn't think that Kylo could just power on the lightsaber after turning it

Snoke even said that Kylo was turning the lightsaber!

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

It just shows that Kylo finally learned to conceal his true thoughts from him even though he could read his emotions.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

It is way too hard to buy into the weakest dark-side user we have ever been presented, on screen, can suddenly out-maneuver one of the most powerful dark side users ever. If it would have happened well into Episode 9, esp. after a time jump, then I could see it, maybe.

That is very likely RJ's reasoning behind it, but it is still awful writing.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I clicked on this thread not realizing it was a spoiler thread. I hate you all for not using spoiler tags still

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Wait what? Kylo has very clearly been presented as the strongest dark side user. He has trouble controlling his powers, but he has raw power unlike anything anyone has seen. The fact that he finally learned to conceal his true intentions is a big character development moment for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    It is way too hard to buy into the weakest dark-side user we have ever been presented, on screen, can suddenly out-maneuver one of the most powerful dark side users ever. If it would have happened well into Episode 9, esp. after a time jump, then I could see it, maybe.

That is very likely RJ's reasoning behind it, but it is still awful writing.
    lmao, what? He's conflicted, which Snoke was basically forcing that upon him so that he could get to Rey/Skywalker... But on power scale, he's fucking strong.

He just gets in his own way THINKING he'll never meet up to the expectations of Vader.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

How is he presented as the strongest? Cause he stopped a laser bolt?

We haven't seen him do anything interesting with his force powers other then the most basic shit. Motherfucker can't even shoot lightning

BG Level

You think he has been presented as stronger than Darth Vader, Darth Sidious, or the Supreme Leader (who is books very clearly hints at in other ways)? We are going to agree to disagree completely then and I'm moving forward lol.

Injury or not, he got hit by Finn with a lightsaber and got beaten by a girl who just discovered her force powers that very day. He should have trounced them both, without hardly thinking about it, if he was so strong; that shit would have never happened to anyone mentioned above. He has been presented as extremely weak. Snoke also made it very, very clear that he is a complete child compared to his power.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Can't compare him to the dead Siths but he's clearly a well of untapped power. Snoke himself says so. He doesn't know how to control it all clearly.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I really liked the movie and got what I paid for -- took my nostalgia glasses off partially and took the movie for what it was. I'd been getting tired of the same old tropes that we've been seeing with every single movie before it, so I was OK with the direction, though they were all over the place the first 40 minutes into the movie.

The only thing I really disliked about the movie is that Kylo Ren is one lame as fuck character. He got the kill that he wanted in Snoke... the movie makes you think he'll have a small amount clarity in the direction he wants to go with his feelings, then reverts to being a complete piece of shit fuckboi because Rey doesn't want to join in his conquest. This was supposed to be his movie where he finds his resolve and gets serious (for evil or good), and I left thinking he was a larger baby than the previous movie. He is definitely not as moving a villain as Snoke.

Snoke being killed off sucked (though his death was awesome). He was fucking amazing, and I was legit into his vanity & narcissism and the fact that he was evil for the sake of being evil and having it's perks and luxuries. The actor that played him honestly should be put up for an award.

I knew Luke's death was coming in this movie, so I'm totally OK with him passing on, even if the troll death -> actual death was kinda silly.

In the end this will become a movie that will get better slightly with more age. Also I loved the fact that Rey is just a nobody and didn't come from a prestigious Jedi/Sith lineage, fuck everybody on that. Also the lightspeeding cruiser into the battleship was the coolest shit ever. Went out like a fucking G on that one.

Yeah, it's not perfect by any means but I am going to see it again Sunday and have no ragrets.

Agree, could've trimmed the fat with some of the side story.

Also kinda hope Phasma isn't dead. She got more than TFA but she still got kinda chumped.
    Phasma got the Boba Fett-lite treatment, so it's whatever. She's not even a gripping character at all, and when she had her moment, I could only lean next to my girl and ironically say "Stannis..." as a response. Sucks that the actor is such a compelling Brianne in GOT, but a very dull side baddie in Star Wars.

BG Level

Can't compare him to the dead Siths but he's clearly a well of untapped power. Snoke himself says so. He doesn't know how to control it all clearly.
    I get that he is your avatar and all, and I personally think he is awesome, but you're just going on about potential in this scenario. He has failed in almost every scenario he has been placed in, from digging into Rey's mind when she captured to saber fights. Hell, he even had to have Rey bail him out against Snoke's guards (easily one of the only bright spots in the movie). Any of those other Sith I just mentioned would have completely annihilated all of those guards without breaking a sweat. Sorry, but he is presented as weak, with potential.

The simple fact that we are debating this presents him as weak. No one would have ever had this conversation about Vader, etc.

You think he has been presented as stronger than Darth Vader, Darth Sidious, or the Supreme Leader (who is books very clearly hints at in other ways)? We are going to agree to disagree completely then and I'm moving forward lol.
    In their trained and in control states? Heck no. His power is not controlled. Again, until he has his resolve to completely wipe out the past. He's still foolish and young and due to his conflicts of killing his father, unable to kill his mother. He's unable to fully utilize his powers. This was shown in both movies.

And again, dude was hit by a wookie bowcaster.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Darth Maul is the strongest.

If he was able to live past Episode 1 you guys would've known!

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I get that he is your avatar and all, and I personally think he is awesome, but you're just going on about potential in this scenario. He has failed in almost every scenario he has been placed in, from digging into Rey's mind when she captured to saber fights. Hell, he even had to have Rey bail him out against Snoke's guards (easily one of the only bright spots in the movie). Any of those other Sith I just mentioned would have completely annihilated all of those guards without breaking a sweat. Sorry, but he is presented as weak, with potential.

The simple fact that we are debating this presents him as weak. No one would have ever had this conversation about Vader, etc.
    The fact that we're debating this just makes him a more interesting character than an all powerful Sith lord like the Emperor or Snoke.

Anyway I was talking about Raw power, you're not.

Also lol I honestly don't even notice the avatar anymore. It's been there since before TFA came out.

BG Level

I am not debating whether or not he is interesting lol. I think he is one of the only bright spots the current story has left.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Darth Maul is the strongest.

If he was able to live past Episode 1 you guys would've known!
    He did live past episode 1

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm aware. That was just an add on. But we're both looking at his power in different ways so its pointless to go on.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast