+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 LastLast
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

You mean Ingus right? Cause Ignis is FFXV Noctis's Chocobro. I'd recommend Y'shtola if you don't have Ultra cure or Curada R3+, otherwise use Selphie with her USB.

Use Ingus only if you can build a Earth based party (which would be Bartz (assuming its his BSB3) and another character who can use Earth like Tifa).

Edit: Also Happy New Years Fellow Keepers.

Managed to sub 30 Bismarck thanks to new Waifu USB and FFIV Husbando Chain, both of which are amazing SB animations!

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Happy New Years folks. I didn't have the opportunity to make the 2018 FFRK general thread. Been busy with funeral arrangements & receptions & a metric fuckton of mom's estate management.

I'll be around from time to time. Probably have enough play time to keep up with only events.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Oh no! Sorry to hear that!

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by hyoton View Post
    Oh no! Sorry to hear that!
    This, very sorry to hear that.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    Happy New Years folks. I didn't have the opportunity to make the 2018 FFRK general thread. Been busy with funeral arrangements & receptions & a metric fuckton of mom's estate management.

I'll be around from time to time. Probably have enough play time to keep up with only events.
    No worries, take care of yourself. Sorry for your loss

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Not a big fan of entrust usually for lightning I plan to bring her to 2 bars then unleash her

My issue is with rinoa where I got bsb2 and chain but no wrath

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Does limelit stage actually have a mission in gold saucer for using edward? The description says there is one but I don't see one on the mission page.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    My issue is with rinoa where I got bsb2 and chain but no wrath
    I have shantottos chain and I used to do what you plan to do with Rinoa did with totto's bssb, but post skill update it's just easier to nuke stuff down with chain thundaga. Black mages with chains melt stuff on their own regardless of enelement or anything else really.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Do mote dungeons ever drop in stamina cost? 60 for 10 seems... a little high.
    They ever have a half-stamina campaign?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sumy View Post
    Do mote dungeons ever drop in stamina cost? 60 for 10 seems... a little high.
    They ever have a half-stamina campaign?
    To the first: not yet. Japan has an half stamina campaign going on right now but it's a fest related thing so don't count on it too much. Personally I'd suggest to not chase motes hard unless you absolutely need someone fully dived fast. These will keep coming from events and the mote dungeons are here in case you need to round up some extras. Or simply farm whichever is up on Sunday if you don't have anyone to level up.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Yeah, they're more of a supplement than something to farm (like I nearly ran out of blues...)

Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Okay so I was reading around and changed up my party a bit and I'm not having much luck getting into 160D content and finishing it off.
    The new set includes a 60 Y'shtola with Asylum and Curaga/Wrath/RM:Dr Mog's Teachings. The bubble doesn't seem to last very long. I have a feeling I'm not stacking up Breakdowns/Damage Mitigation properly.

I'm still trying to get new abilities and hones on existing ones. At the moment I'm sitting on enough orbs to get two Chain spells, but haven't picked which ones yet. I've been wanting to pick up Fire, Blizzard and Thunder ones at the same time. For some reason, getting 10 more Major Black Orbs appears to be taking forever. I'm not sure if I'm missing something. Maybe I got the 20 I have from daily dungeon updates.

I have cleared two nightmare dungeons which is nice, I'd like to get through more of these, but I'm struggling with doing all the activities with the little stamina I have.

Most of any of the 5 Star abilities are R1 because of a lack of hones. It's slow going, but should I prioritize getting new ones or honing existing ones?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

yshtola is worth taking to 99 with asylum alone, once you get her properly leveled that SB can carry you through a ton of content. the bubble is based on a percentage of your max HP, so you get more mileage out of it with your party at max level.

hones will come with time, fortunately the drop rate for majors on the 80 stamina dailies is really good. probably worth using a couple stamina potions from the weekly greens shop to target the ones you really need.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I think Yshtola will be my first 99 unlock then.

I'll keep slugging away then.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

luckily with the exp dailies available 7 days a week it's pretty quick to get someone up to speed. i'd recommend pairing yshtola with someone from your list of SBs with access to BLK4 and duoing, you can craft and hone an R3 ruinga that will allow you to easily clear trash waves.

do you have any of the EXP+ RMs?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Lately i've not bothered to give ysh native cures since I can wrath + protect/shell and have my bsb carry me to the next asylum cast if I use a wrath whenever there isn't some healing to do.

Get stuff to at least rank 2. rank 3 is the safe zone where you don't have to worry about running out of hones during your fights, rank 4 is for when you really spam an ability or it's extremely useful. Rank 5 is for when you were super bored since depending on which character/party it goes with you could have made a second ability to rank 4 to put on a different character.
    Summon abilities just suck ass trying to maintain now that i'm forced to start using them.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Moridam View Post
    luckily with the exp dailies available 7 days a week it's pretty quick to get someone up to speed. i'd recommend pairing yshtola with someone from your list of SBs with access to BLK4 and duoing, you can craft and hone an R3 ruinga that will allow you to easily clear trash waves.

do you have any of the EXP+ RMs?
    I have 2 or 3 of them. When I first started unlocking characters I targeted Cid's, Palom's, Relm's and Luneth's. These characters are at least 65 I think, but I only ever went hunting for them on two/three of them with Zealot in a low level stamina dungeon, but moved onto other things before getting them all. Luneth required level 99 so I didn't bother continuing for them.

I have R1 Meteor and Ultima unlocked so I can clear out waves pretty easily with those. Paired with the RM that gives back Black Magic abilities I can likely those last a while. I could also do the same with Summons. I already have the Summon ability refresh RM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    Lately i've not bothered to give ysh native cures since I can wrath + protect/shell and have my bsb carry me to the next asylum cast if I use a wrath whenever there isn't some healing to do.

Get stuff to at least rank 2. rank 3 is the safe zone where you don't have to worry about running out of hones during your fights, rank 4 is for when you really spam an ability or it's extremely useful. Rank 5 is for when you were super bored since depending on which character/party it goes with you could have made a second ability to rank 4 to put on a different character.
    Summon abilities just suck ass trying to maintain now that i'm forced to start using them.
    I had been aiming for that, but I find that for D160 content I'm still getting hit for a lot so I threw on a Curaga with Wrath. I'm still learning as I go but I'm feeling liek I'm missing something.

Does Full Break stack with Power/Magic Breakdown? I'm almost to having the DNC Break ability, would that stack with Full Break? I think my mistake was thinking that Yshtola's ability gave Protect/Shell as well. I don't think that's the case, I'll still have to throw up Protectga/Shellga or the Bard abilities. I did have Edward in my party as well, he had Full Break and either a DEF+ or RES+ ability in his second slot.

From there I had Bart with OSB/BSB, Celes with BSB, and a 5th member (probably Refia). I'd usually sub in someone with elemental abilities to help dole out extra damage. I've been taking Ramza with Shout or Battle Cry to help with Damage as a RW.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vandalhart View Post
    I have 2 or 3 of them. When I first started unlocking characters I targeted Cid's, Palom's, Relm's and Luneth's. These characters are at least 65 I think, but I only ever went hunting for them on two/three of them with Zealot in a low level stamina dungeon, but moved onto other things before getting them all. Luneth required level 99 so I didn't bother continuing for them.

I have R1 Meteor and Ultima unlocked so I can clear out waves pretty easily with those. Paired with the RM that gives back Black Magic abilities I can likely those last a while. I could also do the same with Summons. I already have the Summon ability refresh RM.

I had been aiming for that, but I find that for D160 content I'm still getting hit for a lot so I threw on a Curaga with Wrath. I'm still learning as I go but I'm feeling liek I'm missing something.

Does Full Break stack with Power/Magic Breakdown? I'm almost to having the DNC Break ability, would that stack with Full Break? I think my mistake was thinking that Yshtola's ability gave Protect/Shell as well. I don't think that's the case, I'll still have to throw up Protectga/Shellga or the Bard abilities. I did have Edward in my party as well, he had Full Break and either a DEF+ or RES+ ability in his second slot.

From there I had Bart with OSB/BSB, Celes with BSB, and a 5th member (probably Refia). I'd usually sub in someone with elemental abilities to help dole out extra damage. I've been taking Ramza with Shout or Battle Cry to help with Damage as a RW.
    Full break will stack with PDB and others because they don'T do the same effect

But Full Break and Multi Break (the dancer one) will not stack because they do the same effect

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Man, I think I was doing Daily Dungeons wrong. I was doing the 100 stamina ones and getting crystals. I think I would have been better off doing the 80 stamina ones to get Major Orbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Full break will stack with PDB and others because they don'T do the same effect

But Full Break and Multi Break (the dancer one) will not stack because they do the same effect
    Awesome, thanks. I'll keep that in mind.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

similarly, if you have a dancer, one of the new abilities from the FF12 event stacks with all the normal ability-based breaks for an additional layer of mitigation, since it's ATK/MAG in one break. iirc it's 50% too so it effectively obsoletes the 'reverse wall' SBs since you no longer need to spend a bar