Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 90 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by gaira View Post
    whm cor geo are still fairly easy ins into getting caught up for group stuff, for dd work on a rema if appropriate and +1 your ambu gears while working on ru'aun abj gear and t1/t3 reisenjima sets.
    Pickups want to demand Idris for everything now so geo isn't quite the easy in it used to be. It's bad, like, good luck getting a pickup for the Solstice boss without having Idris first level bs.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Is there a guide on recommended subjobs for each class now?

Right now looking at:

Thf
    BLM
    Whm

edit: but I'd like to know all if possible since I tend to lvl a lot of things, and I have a few friends coming back, too, who will need to know for what they pick.
    THF:
    /sam can be useful for circumstances where skillchaining/meditate is more important than meleeing (or if you like your store tp)
    /war standard thf sub now
    /nin when utusemi is required due to fight mechanics

BLM:
    /sch standard blm sub
    /rdm when convert might be more necessary

WHM:
    /sch standard whm sub
    /blm when you need warp
    /rdm when you don't have /sch?
    /nin when you want to smash things
    /war ???

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Neviskio View Post
    Honestly lost, would love to get back doing the challenging stuff, loved when I was building my empy at the time, but not sure I can get into an aeonic static now with this shitty gear

Besides the quickstart guide and jobs guides any pointers on how to get there now?
    Is there something I can add to the guides to help you?

All you have to do at this point is go after better gear and do endgame events as per the guide. This is where a job guide comes in handy so you know what gear to go after. Look up where it comes from, and go after that content while basing what to get first on what you can do. If you are after something from Delve, Sinister Reign, and an Escha T3. Then obviously the Delve NM comes first and the Escha T3 last.

Make some friends in an LS and go after equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo_Salad View Post
    Pickups want to demand Idris for everything now so geo isn't quite the easy in it used to be. It's bad, like, good luck getting a pickup for the Solstice boss without having Idris first level bs.
    Incorrect. Yes, some groups ask for much more than they need. However, no one ever shouts for an Idris for Naphula.

If there is ever an issue with how someone is asking for something in a yell. Nothing stops anyone from just making their own group. It is really easy to complain about morons excluding people for no good reason, but nothing is going to stop anyone more than themselves.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Rehn View Post
    THF:
    /sam can be useful for circumstances where skillchaining/meditate is more important than meleeing (or if you like your store tp)
    /war standard thf sub now
    /nin when utusemi is required due to fight mechanics

BLM:
    /sch standard blm sub
    /rdm when convert might be more necessary

WHM:
    /sch standard whm sub
    /blm when you need warp
    /rdm when you don't have /sch?
    /nin when you want to smash things
    /war ???
    ty ty

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neviskio Mordekaiser
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Crushridge

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    Is there something I can add to the guides to help you?

All you have to do at this point is go after better gear and do endgame events as per the guide. This is where a job guide comes in handy so you know what gear to go after. Look up where it comes from, and go after that content while basing what to get first on what you can do. If you are after something from Delve, Sinister Reign, and an Escha T3. Then obviously the Delve NM comes first and the Escha T3 last.

Make some friends in an LS and go after equipment.
    Cheers! I was surprised to see all the guides, was very happy to see your blu guide and others, they do massively help, I was still lost on some elements so maybe i could gather my thoughts and come back with a few improvements for returning players?

I tried 5 times now to write my thoughts but it become a ramble so before I write a wall of text best I get some coherent ideas. Might PM you to avoid spamming the thread in case

Also consider my perspective is from a returning player from 2012 that used to be quite endgame focused (so very competitive) and in a dead server where no cp parties or shouts exist. Hell I rarely see a few times an ambuscade shout if ever... Most LS's are dead in the progression really, at least that's what I'm told, so you can imagine it's different from being on asura and returning

edit: as an example the only shouts I've seen in about a week and a half maybe 2 are for COR-GEO-WHM, so... leveling cor

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Neviskio View Post
    Cheers! I was surprised to see all the guides, was very happy to see your blu guide and others, they do massively help, I was still lost on some elements so maybe i could gather my thoughts and come back with a few improvements for returning players?

I tried 5 times now to write my thoughts but it become a ramble so before I write a wall of text best I get some coherent ideas. Might PM you to avoid spamming the thread in case

Also consider my perspective is from a returning player from 2012 that used to be quite endgame focused (so very competitive) and in a dead server where no cp parties or shouts exist. Hell I rarely see a few times an ambuscade shout if ever... Most LS's are dead in the progression really, at least that's what I'm told, so you can imagine it's different from being on asura and returning

edit: as an example the only shouts I've seen in about a week and a half maybe 2 are for COR-GEO-WHM, so... leveling cor
    Sure, PMs or the BG discord works.

You need to move to a more populated server then most likely. Can't solo your way back into the game unless you know what you are doing.

I mean, I wouldn't want to solo delve as a brand new 119 character in bayld gear. Not only would I not have the trusts or gimicks for things (ranged/magic/physical damage for ram, BLU for matamata or craklaw, etc) but it would be slow, and beating the boss with trusts in such gear would be crappy most likely. All that for outdated gear to bring you to the next tier.

The only good path would be to upgrade AF/Relic/Empyrean (Empyrean is stuck at 109 before vagary) through trusts in SKCNM fights for Rems Chapters and then get the mats for 119 AF and solo card farm Omen for +2. Which would involve needing a bunch of gil the whole way through too.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

I mean, I wouldn't want to solo delve as a brand new 119 character in bayld gear. Not only would I not have the trusts or gimicks for things (ranged/magic/physical damage for ram, BLU for matamata or craklaw, etc) but it would be slow, and beating the boss with trusts in such gear would be crappy most likely. All that for outdated gear to bring you to the next tier.
    Still need 3x bodies to enter. So if the server is that dead, even Delve might be hard to get inside of.
    REALLY wish they would change this. Would love to be allowed to dbox it for fun and profit.

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

The only good path would be to upgrade AF/Relic/Empyrean (Empyrean is stuck at 109 before vagary) through trusts in SKCNM fights for Rems Chapters and then get the mats for 119 AF and solo card farm Omen for +2. Which would involve needing a bunch of gil the whole way through too.
    I am playing FFXI Single Player Mode myself and I'm right here. I got the tarturus chain and pages, spent 2 days getting 109 empyrean pants then found out why Monisette won't talk to me. So now I'm sitting on a bunch of 119 AF gear and a single 109 Empyrean. Is solo card farm a real thing or is that something only established blu/smn/pup/run can do for their alt jobs? Like, from the perspective of someone with just +1 ambuscade and augmented alluvion skirmish or a +1 unity weapon at best. lol

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well you'd need the DD to kill the mobs with your trusts, but any 119 should be able to make it work. It's just killing normal mobs for a few floors and getting a few cards.

Taking people to do objectives and fight will speed it up. Doing objectives will give you more cards over time.

So yes a WAR or some DD could easily farm cards. WHM be slower. Trust can tank and stuff.

Dragoon Enthusiast
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dathus Tomar
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Couple WAR questions:

Ukko's Fury: Wurf anymore? Back in teh pre-Adoulin days it was a great WS, especially in Abyssea, but idk anymore. Go on Upheaval spam?

Upheaval: Focus VIT on accessories where you can't focus more DA or WS damage? What are the good WS sets for Upheaval and/or Ukko's and/or best WAR WS?

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Dathus View Post
    Couple WAR questions:

Ukko's Fury: Wurf anymore? Back in teh pre-Adoulin days it was a great WS, especially in Abyssea, but idk anymore. Go on Upheaval spam?

Upheaval: Focus VIT on accessories where you can't focus more DA or WS damage? What are the good WS sets for Upheaval and/or Ukko's and/or best WAR WS?
    AFAIK:
    All hope is lost? Spam Resolution with Raetic or Mont +1

People aren't idiots and it isn't overcrowded? Fusion and Light from Chango/Upheval are awesome. One of my favorite SC partners for sure.

Just want to use a great axe? Upheval.

Ridill
    BG Level

Okiedokie. My fiance finally decided on a race (Hume) And starter city (Bastok) and now a class. Melee v Mage, she said she'd prefer mage and that she typically like to play support. Easypeasy, I say RDM is for her. When I mention stuff like debuffs she says that she never liked using debuffs- which in many single player RPGs are definitely a waste of time most times- so I figure SCH is probably the better choice for her.

Now the question I have- presuming the statements I've made thus far are sound- is what should her starting class be? When I was playing, the obly thing I really remember about SCH was being annoyed as rdm that they took er jerbs.

And now, with her job settled, my next question;

What would be some good jobs for me to pick to be a good duo, assuming we plan on tag teaming the whole game.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

if she is SCH, you can opt to go for:

NIN: tank/hit stuff, let her skillchain/burst a helix/nuke
    BLM: utilize tank trusts effectly to let her skillchain and you burst off of it

There's alot more job synergy that I left out, but the general gist of it is SCH can heal (strong regen spells/cure 4) and skillchain/burst/nuke and can reduce damage taken to a degree (aoe stoneskin/phalanx). So that just leaves what roles that you want to fill depending on content. Weak gear is going to hamper nuke/burst greatly, but a cure set can be cobbled together easily.

Also geo is a great support job she can unlock later, and a decent nuker. Pretty much anything the geo bubble touches is going to be enhanced alot or debuffed greatly (via bubble, not slow/paralyze but they can do that as well depending on gear)

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    Okiedokie. My fiance finally decided on a race (Hume) And starter city (Bastok) and now a class. Melee v Mage, she said she'd prefer mage and that she typically like to play support. Easypeasy, I say RDM is for her. When I mention stuff like debuffs she says that she never liked using debuffs- which in many single player RPGs are definitely a waste of time most times- so I figure SCH is probably the better choice for her.

Now the question I have- presuming the statements I've made thus far are sound- is what should her starting class be? When I was playing, the obly thing I really remember about SCH was being annoyed as rdm that they took er jerbs.

And now, with her job settled, my next question;

What would be some good jobs for me to pick to be a good duo, assuming we plan on tag teaming the whole game.
    Another option would be SMN. It can do quite a bit on it's own support-wise, plus has the reputation of being an OP DD nowadays.
    She'll need /rdm for either, and /blm speeds up the earliest levels to silly speeds regardless of main job.

Dragoon Enthusiast
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dathus Tomar
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I think it's been asked, but checking again:

Which trusts are best for Dynamis staggering that are currently available? I think Mayakov is unavailable until August(if I'm reading right), so looking to find other trusts to JA stagger that aren't Vali and his random-ass Vokes.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Uka something and Mumor (not Mumor II) do steps.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Vil View Post
    Uka something and Mumor (not Mumor II) do steps.
    Lilisette does steps too. Pretty sure that all of the "special melee" Trusts like August, Arciela I/II, Shantotto II, Balamor, etc all count towards procs of one sort or another as well.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

You sure about Lilisette? I know Lilisette 1 does some samba and the AoE waltz, but can't remember her (or 2) doing a step.

Dragoon Enthusiast
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dathus Tomar
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Is Uka available atm? I'm reading she's only available during events. I could be interpreting it wrong though.

Edit: Same with Mumor, if BGwiki is right.

Edit 2: Is Dawn II hard to do? Looking at COR weapons, and the sword from that is apparently Godlike for COR overall. Can I solo it with Trusts, or do I need a group together?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Vil View Post
    You sure about Lilisette? I know Lilisette 1 does some samba and the AoE waltz, but can't remember her (or 2) doing a step.
    Might be Lili2 then? :/ Honestly been a long time since I've pulled out any trusts that actually whack mobs (besides tanks), and memory is fuzzy at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Dathus View Post
    Is Uka available atm? I'm reading she's only available during events. I could be interpreting it wrong though.

Edit: Same with Mumor, if BGwiki is right.
    IIRC, Uka is a Login Campaign Cipher and you just have to keep an eye out for her to roll around. Mumor is only available from the summer seasonal event in August of each year.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 90 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag