Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Playstation 4 Talkback II: The Answer to Everything is Knack

PS+ February 2018
    • Knack (PS4)

• RiME (PS4)

• StarBlood Arena (PS Plus bonus – PS VR required)

• Spelunker HD (PS3)

• Mugen Souls Z (PS3)

• Exiles End (PS Vita)

• Grand Kingdom (PS Vita & PS4)

Knack

In the infamous words of Jurassic Park’s Dr Ian Malcolm, “well, there it is.” A fan-favourite of early PlayStation 4 adopters, the loveable shape-shifting Knack has been a hotly requested PS Plus title since the very beginning of the generation. Next month, he’ll finally get his time to shine.

For the uninitiated, Knack follows the action-platforming capers of loveable title character Knack as he fights to defend mankind in an ongoing war against the Goblins. Spawned from the mysterious power of an ancient relic, Knack has the unique ability to take on extra mass as he moves around the world – starting as a three-foot tall platforming pip-squeak and growing all the way into an earth-shaking titan.

If you have fun with it, why not try out the sequel, which launched late last year?

RiME

Next up is the stunning platform-adventure RiME. Tequila Works’ ambitious production finally arrived on PS4 last year to a great deal of very hard-earned and well-deserved praise.

Taking inspiration from classics like Journey and Shadow of the Colossus, RiME conjures an aesthetically breathtaking world for you to explore. From lavish beaches to sunken temples; ancient structures to dizzying cliff-sides, each new environment unfolds seamlessly from the last, pulling you ever deeper into its tale.

PS Plus bonus: StarBlood Arena

Continuing from January’s line-up, you’ll be able to pick up PlayStation VR multiplayer shooter Starblood Arena all next month as well.

StarBlood Arena places you inside the cockpit of a miniature battle pod and invites you to test your mettle in a lawless competition where only the most skilled pilots earn a shot at intergalactic glory.

StarBlood Arena places you at the centre of the action, trading shots with your enemies in a wide open arena that allows for 360° of movement. Take part in deathmatches for up to four players, or check out Invaders co-op mode – everything you do will earn you glory, credits and a shot at intergalactic fame.
    NA & EU have the same line-ups this month.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Actually happy to see Grand Kingdom on the list. I can never seem to get around to playing it on my PS4, but I'll be able to with my Vita.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Kazuo Hirai stepping down from Sony as Chief Executive, Kenichiro Yoshida to take over
    Mr Yoshida, Sony's chief financial officer, is to take over control of the Japanese electronics giant from 1 April.

Mr Hirai will remain at Sony as chairman.

As the company approaches a crucial juncture, when we will embark on a new mid-range plan, I consider this to be the ideal time to pass the baton of leadership to new management, for the future of Sony and also for myself to embark on a new chapter in my life," said Mr Hirai in a statement.

Mr Yoshida said he wanted to build on the management foundation created under Mr Hirai's leadership to "improve Sony's competitiveness as a global company".
    http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-42916351

Press Release
    Kenichiro Yoshida named as President and CEO effective April 1, 2018; Kazuo Hirai to become Chairman

Sony Corporation ("Sony") today announced that Kenichiro Yoshida, currently Director, Representative Corporate Executive Officer, Executive Deputy President and Chief Financial Officer, has been appointed as Director, Representative Corporate Executive Officer, President and Chief Executive Officer, effective April 1, 2018. Kazuo Hirai, currently Director, Representative Corporate Executive Officer, President and Chief Executive Officer, will become Director, Chairman, also effective April 1, 2018.

The above management transition was proposed by Mr. Hirai to the Sony Nominating Committee, and following deliberation by the Nominating Committee, was approved by the Sony Board of Directors at a Board meeting held earlier today.

Following this realignment, Sony will embark on its next mid-range corporate plan starting April 1 2018, under a new management structure led by Mr. Yoshida.

Comment from Kazuo Hirai

"Ever since my appointment as President and CEO in April 2012, I have stated that my mission is to ensure Sony continues to be a company that provides customers with kando - to move them emotionally - and inspires and fulfills their curiosity. To this end, I have dedicated myself to transforming the company and enhancing its profitability, and am very proud that now, in the third and final year of our current mid-range corporate plan, we are expecting to exceed our financial targets. And it excites me to hear more and more people enthuse that Sony is back again. As the company approaches a crucial juncture, when we will embark on a new mid-range plan, I consider this to be the ideal time to pass the baton of leadership to new management, for the future of Sony and also for myself to embark on a new chapter in my life. My successor, Kenichiro Yoshida, has supported me closely since returning to Sony in December 2013 , contributing extensively beyond his remit as CFO and acting as valuable confidant and business partner, as we took on the challenge of transforming Sony together. Mr. Yoshida combines a deeply strategic mindset with a relentless determination to achieve defined targets, and the ability to take a global viewpoint. I believe he possesses the breadth of experience and perspective, as well as the unwavering leadership qualities required to manage Sony’s diverse array of businesses, and as such is the ideal person to drive the company forward into the future. As Chairman, I will of course offer my full support to Mr. Yoshida and the new management team, and do all I can to facilitate a smooth transition and ensure their future success."

Comment from Kenichiro Yoshida

"I am very grateful to Kazuo Hirai and the Sony Board for their trust and confidence in appointing me as Sony President and CEO, and at the same time feel a great sense of responsibility in taking on this vitally important role. Together with the outstanding talent we have across the Sony Group, I will aim to build on the business foundations established by Mr. Hirai, and execute further reform measures that enhance our competitiveness as a global enterprise, and enable us to realize long-term profit growth. My first priority will be to finalize our next mid-range corporate plan starting in April, together with our immediate business plan for the fiscal year 2018, and then move ahead swiftly with implementation. This is a hugely exciting time at Sony as we look to our future, and together with my management team I intend to determine the best path for us to move forward, and devote my full effort to creating a better Sony that captures the imagination of our many stakeholders around the world."

Comment from Osamu Nagayama, Chairman of the Board and Chair of the Nominating Committee

"The Board is grateful to Kazuo Hirai for his outstanding contribution over the past six years, taking leadership of the company amidst an extremely challenging business environment in 2012, and making great progress in revitalizing Sony’s business. Given these achievements, we were initially surprised by his proposal to step down from the role of President and CEO, but over time and following extensive further discussions we ultimately reached a decision to respect his wishes. The Nominating Committee had been regularly discussing potential management succession plans, and after receiving the proposal from Mr. Hirai, we engaged in renewed discussion, leading to the conclusion that Mr. Yoshida would be the ideal candidate to succeed Mr. Hirai as Sony President and CEO, and lead Sony into the future. The Board also unanimously supported this proposal. Together with Mr. Hirai, the Board will offer their full support to Mr. Yoshida and his new management team, while also closely observing their progress from a shareholder perspective."

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Spyro Trilogy details leaked, 1-Year System Exclusive, To be Released Q3 2018
    According to multiple sources familiar with the project, Activision is currently working on a Spyro the Dragon Trilogy Remaster, which will be announced in March 2018 and released in Q3 2018.

The trilogy remaster will, much like the highly successful Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, feature new assets, lighting, animations and cinematics, as well as a remastered soundtrack. It will also feature updates to the save feature, much like occurred in the Crash remaster (which replaced the original games' password feature with something much more user friendly). The remaster will include Spyro the Dragon, Ripto's Rage!, and Year of the Dragon, and there is the tantalising promise of some content cut from the original releases of those games.

The Spyro remaster will be announced for PS4, with PS4 Pro support, sometime in March 2018, and will be releasing in Q3 2018. One source suggested that September would be the launch month, which would be in line with Spyro the Dragon's 20th anniversary.
    http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2018/02/13/s...-ps4-this-year

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

My PlayStation
    Today we’re happy to announce the launch of My PlayStation, a new social destination on web. Conveniently access and engage with key PlayStation Network features on PC, Mac, mobile phones and tablets. It’s a great way to stay tapped in with your friends and the PlayStation community when you’re away from your PlayStation 4.

Here are some things you can do on web with My PlayStation:

• Find Friends
    • Edit your Profile
    • View you and your Friends’ Trophies
    • Send and manage Friend requests
    • Send Messages

And you can access My PlayStation in multiple ways:

• Click on the My PlayStation link in the navigation bar at the top right of playstation.com

• Sign In to playstation.com, click on your profile image in the navigation bar, and click on your name in the dropdown menu

• Go directly to My PlayStation by visiting my.playstation.com

My PlayStation works with most major web browsers on Windows 10, MacOS 10, iOS 10 or above, Android 5 or above.

The website is already up and running, so go check it out! Our goal is to bring you a compelling social experience even when you’re away from your console. We’ll continue to enhance and add more features to My PlayStation on a regular basis, so make sure to keep checking in.

Brian Dunn - Sr Product Marketing Manager, SIEA
    https://my.playstation.com/

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Broz Bastrum
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Bloodborne, Rachet and Clank for PS+ this month, also gonna stop including PS3/Vita games in 2019: https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018...rvice-changes/

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

That's lame, so we get less and still pay the same amount of money.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    That's lame, so we get less and still pay the same amount of money.
    Oh don't worry, they'll come up with an excuse to bump up the yearly fee another $10 a bit after that happens too. Meanwhile, mandating PS+ for multiplayer access (in the majority of cases) while game servers are still prone to being shutdown, such as Gravity Rush 2. I just miss the value that the PS+ IGC on PS3+Vita offered compared to the now.

Anyways, I was half expecting them to drop Vita from PS+ at the least this year. Not that it'd make much difference since 95% of the Vita PS+ offerings are PS4 cross-buy titles.

The "My Playstation" stuff is severely overdue as well.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by brozy View Post
    Bloodborne, Rachet and Clank for PS+ this month, also gonna stop including PS3/Vita games in 2019: https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018...rvice-changes/
    Bloodborne

Yes, the critically-acclaimed Lovecraftian nightmare that introduced the world to the dark secrets of Yharnam will be coming to PlayStation Plus in March – and we can’t pretend we’re not excited for a whole new swathe of players to get a taste of this incredible world.

A grisly evolution of From Software’s genre-defining ‘Souls’ series, Bloodborne places you into the shoes of an unknown outsider who arrives in the accursed town of Yharnam searching for a special form of healing.

Brutal, blood-soaked and at times truly horrifying, Bloodborne is a one of kind experience driven by slick combat, rich lore and breathtaking art direction. If you’ve never dared set foot into this macabre nightmare before, then you’re in for one hell of ride – it’s time to get a little Yharnam blood of your own.

Ratchet and Clank

From one critically-acclaimed PlayStation exclusive to another – though with a significant change in tone – second in March’s line-up is Insomniac Game’s PS4 reimagining of their classic PS2 platforming hit.

Boasting jaw-dropping visuals, a tongue-in-cheek wit and some of the most down-right bizarre weapons to ever grace a video game, 2016’s Ratchet and Clank celebrates the very best of the series. Updating and expanding on the original game, this remake adds new weapons, extends levels and adds a whole host of new collectibles for you to hunt down.

Grab yourself a Sheepinator, climb on your hover-board and get ready to kick some asteroid.

Anything else?

To complement those two top-tier titles, you’ll also get two games apiece for PS Vita and PS3. With those included the final line-up looks like this:

• Bloodborne (PS4)

• Ratchet and Clank (PS4)

• Legend of Kay Anniversary (PS3)

• Mighty No. 9 (PS3 and PS4)

• Claire: Extended Cut (PS Vita and PS4)

• Bombing Busters (PS Vita and PS4)

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

PS+ April
    Mad Max

Honestly speaking, it’s amazing that George Miller’s influential Mad Max series didn’t find a footing in the gaming world sooner. Vast open wastelands, outlaw bandits, over-the-top action and petrol-guzzling battle cars… it’s a perfect fit.

Happily, in 2015, it actually happened and the results are… well, everything you’d expect. Gritty protagonist Max – the ‘Road Warrior’ – embarks upon a journey through a lawless post-apocalyptic world in search of supplies, solace and an even sweeter ride.

Build your own rugged, off-road dirt car and take it for a spin around the wastes of a scorched future Australia. Like any good apocalypse, there’s precious scrap and crafting materials lying everywhere, so knock over a few bandit strongholds, steal some supplies and power-up for the ever greater dangers lurking out there.

Trackmania Turbo

Staying squarely with the theme of over-the-top vehicular mayhem, second in our April line-up is mad-cap racer and all-round affront to Newtonian Laws, Trackmania Turbo.

A one-of-kind experience, Ubisoft’s outlandish arcade racer exists in a strange twilight zone between high-speed racing romp and rollercoaster simulator. In real terms, that means break-neck speeds, impossible loop-the-loops and the kind of ramp-to-ramp jumps that’d make Evel Knievel stand up and cheer.

There are four distinct environments, over 200 tracks, 16-player multiplayer and even a ‘track builder’ mode where you can create your own improbable circuits. What’s more, Trackmania Turbo also boasts support for PS VR for those who want to get even closer to the action.
    Anything else?

As usual, there’ll be two additional titles apiece for both PS3 and PS Vita. If we do the sums, the final line-up works out like this:

• Mad Max (PS4)

• Trackmania Turbo (PS4)

• In Space We Brawl (PS3)

• Toy Home (PS3)

• 99 VIDAS (PS Vita)

• Q*Bert Rebooted (PS3/PS4/PS Vita)

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

PS+ May
    Beyond: Two Souls

With Detroit: Become Human set to launch in less than a month, what better time to catch up with the work of veteran French studio Quantic Dream?

Not only a technical showcase in its own right, Beyond: Two Souls not only raised the bar for true-to-life visuals in the last generation but also broadened the scope for interactive narrative in gaming.

Featuring phenomenal performances throughout from A-list acting talent, and a complex web of branching narratives, few games combine such high production values with such nuanced narrative-driven gameplay.

Rayman Legends

One of the high watermarks for the 2D platforming genre, few games demonstrate a greater level of polish or more distinctive artistic direction that Rayman Legends.

Ubisoft Montpellier’s Rayman Legends combines everything the studio has learnt during two decades of development, bringing together a vast cast of playable characters, dozens of varied stages, incredible hand-drawn 2D visuals and a range of multiplayer options.

If you love varied platforming challenges, hunting for secrets or bouncing along to a mariachi-styled reimagining of Survivor’s Eye of the Tiger (think Guitar Hero meets high-speed platforming), then this might just be the very thing for you.

Anything else?

As usual, we’ve two additional titles for both PS3 and PS Vita. The final line-up looks like this:

• Beyond: Two Souls (PS4)

• Rayman Legends (PS4)

• Risen 3: Titan Lords (PS3)

• Eat Them (PS3)

• King Oddball (PS Vita)

• Furmins (PS Vita)

All these titles will be available to download for PS Plus members on Tuesday 1st May.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Customizable Pro Controller - $200
    We Xbox Now

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Black ops 3 vanilla is a bonus game for ps+ members.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yimoa View Post
    Black ops 3 vanilla is a bonus game for ps+ members.
    And no one on my friendlist has taken advantage of that. It's available for free through July 11th.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

August PS Plus Free Games:

PS4:
    Mafia III
    Dead by Daylight

PS3:
    Bound by Flame
    Serious Sam 3

Vita:
    Draw Slasher
    Space Hulk

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Looking forward to Mafia 3

Banned.

BG Level

there's a psvr game also

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    Looking forward to Mafia 3
    I actually completely forgot about this one. Right after I bought it I played for around 5 hours or so and really enjoyed it. Then saw FC5 and haven't touched it since. On PC I didn't notice anything bad enough to make me dislike the game. After I'm done with Dark Souls 3 I should come back to this.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by milez View Post