+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

BG Wiki Update and Discussion Megathread

You may remember I was doing monthly update posts for the wiki, and stopped.

This is due to the extra work of having to keep track of edits for every 7 days, record them in a document, and take pictures, etc. Basically it is just a lot of useless fucking work!

Recent edits are recorded for 7 days, so when I missed something because 7 days seems to fly by I had to go look user by user for the last 30 days to make sure I didn't miss something, and so on.
    When there was an update for the month the whole log would be spammed with the new pages, icons, etc going in and the log becomes crowded. So you can see the issue.

At any rate, I figure it be far easier to tell everyone about big changes as they happen.

I will just make a monthly post then edit it as the month goes on. tell people about large, useful, or important updates as they happen.

---
    EDIT: I no longer post updates here. I don't believe it to be valuable.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

February 2018

• We now have a suggestions/feedback page! as well as a Projects Page
      Leave us some feedback if you want to see some changes.
      The old Suggestions Thread here on the forums is still perfectly acceptable. We are just covering the whole field of feedback.

• New armor set templates
      There are now templates for all reforges armor specifically, and all armor in general as well as one that houses them. Armor sets are now on a single page so people no longer have to have 4 pages open to see the set stats. There is also now a handy navigation template for each of the reforged sets. At the moment all Relic 109/+1/2/3 are done with a third of the AF 109/+1/2/3 done with empyrean to follow eventually.
      Inuyushi on Asura has filled almost all of these out, and they are awesome for it.

On a similar note. JSE armor pages all have a nav template at the top of their pages for easy linking between the categories, both old and reforged.

• New Fishing Template.
      This means the fishing page (invisibly linked in the new header) will get updated after many years of neglect. We have about 160 Fish pages to update though.
      While we are doing a few every few days. We could really use someone to help out with this.
    • New Adversary Template.
      See: Albumen
    • We are currently working on a new zone overhaul which will include updating chocobo digging.

This is going to take awhile, and will go well into March or so (depends..) before the design is finished. However, we will start tackling the zone pages once it does, specifically focusing on Adoulin, Escha, and Abyssea first.
      We would really appreciate help here as well.
    • New Apex Page detailing A-pex to Z.

• Phantom Roll page was updated, tables were made more reasonably wide, all roll tables were made slightly less ugly (but still ugly), a nicer looking navigation template was added to each roll page, and the roll tables were all transcluded to the phantom roll page.

• Lance updated info on tons of Abjuration related pages.

• Funk has been updating all the key items.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

March 2018

• Phantom Roll page was updated, tables were made more reasonably wide, all roll tables were made slightly less ugly (but still ugly), a nicer looking navigation template was added to each roll page, and the roll tables were all transcluded to the phantom roll page.

• All relic armor item pages were updated.

• All Oboro JSE weapon pages now list their Rank 15 augments.

• The 10 KIs for the Primal nazar were enhanced. It was brought to our attention that the KI pages for it were weird, so the "used in" was cleaned up, and the primal nazar creation table was put on all pages for convenience.

• All items that are augmented via Nolan. now have their augments listed on each item page.

• The JSE Capes page was updated. It was built poorly for smaller windows and mobile which caused it to run off the page. Consolidated and redesigned it to fit better. Also moved the ambuscade capes above the Incursion capes on the page.

• Egg Hunt Guide.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    March 2018

"Keep in mind the subsequent nuking penalty aka the Nuke Wall. If level 3 Skillchains (light or dark) are being created you may see better numbers from one mage nuking a separate element from another."

This shouldn't apply to Apex because they're not Notorious Monsters. The cumulative damage resistance/magic wall only applies to enemies that check as "Impossible to gauge" normally. Also the penalty isn't tied to element, it's magic damage of any kind

Edit: Just tested it to be sure with Astral Conduit magic pact spam and yeah, no damage reduction of any kind, unlike with NMs where it's guaranteed to happen

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by jacobs67 View Post
    "Keep in mind the subsequent nuking penalty aka the Nuke Wall. If level 3 Skillchains (light or dark) are being created you may see better numbers from one mage nuking a separate element from another."

This shouldn't apply to Apex because they're not Notorious Monsters. The cumulative damage resistance/magic wall only applies to enemies that check as "Impossible to gauge" normally. Also the penalty isn't tied to element, it's magic damage of any kind

Edit: Just tested it to be sure with Astral Conduit magic pact spam and yeah, no damage reduction of any kind, unlike with NMs where it's guaranteed to happen
    Thanks very much, I'll correct that.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Currently, the main page for Escha-Zi'tah is all messed up for T1 and T2 drops; some are missing, some are on NMs they shouldn't be, etc. I'll get around to fixing it eventually if no one else does.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    Currently, the main page for Escha-Zi'tah is all messed up for T1 and T2 drops; some are missing, some are on NMs they shouldn't be, etc. I'll get around to fixing it eventually if no one else does.
    Didn't even know something was missing. Good catch.

I'll let you tackle that

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

April 2018

• New PUP guide for all your stick arm flailing needs.

• Added a Divergence Nav box to the Midboss, Endboss, and Zone pages for easy navigation.

• Modoru/Gensoku is updating the The Community SAM guide and has added armor sets to it.

• Minor improvements and enhancements (mostly info) and armor updates to the Acc sets for Here Be DRGs.

• Armor updates to the Community THF guide.

• Various Empyrean Armor set pages have been done by Inuyushi, and the item pages themselves were improved as with the previous improvements for ilvl relic armor.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

As per user suggestions here on the wiki. I have been updating the escha NMs so that the abjurations results after uncursing are linked for convenience. This has lead me to randomly updating all the T1s as well as moving them to the new template. Was not consistently thorough on all of them outside of the main objective, but each was improved. EVEN ADDED LORE TO ONE! LOOOOOOOOOOOORE!

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Wasserspeier

All T1s are done, this leaves T2/T3, which are less mobs combined than T1. (12 vs 9)

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

May 2018

• Red Eye NM Spawns added to the divergence page and the zone pages.

• Obstatrix page was filled up with info.

• Volte Armor item pages are no longer blank.

• Alter Ego Extravaganza page was filled made to link to the 4 different Extravaganza pages.
      A Nav template that also includes which trusts are available during which campaign at which time by their type was made for it.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ambuscade info for V1 this month has been added.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

June 2018

• Ambuscade June 2018 info added.
    • Gamergiving added the fishing template to (probably close to?) all the fish pages. It is empty though. As it lays there wanting and waiting to be filled up. Please someone fill it up so good.
    • Faequeencory added icons for abilties and spells into the wiki. For instance the header of a barspell now has the icon from in game.
    • Several other large developments, stay tuned.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Okay keeping track of all the updates is a big time sink, as you can see. Which is why I haven't been keeping up with it.

However, the wiki has a new main page as some of you might have seen. Any thoughts (and prayers?!) are welcome.

Main Page changes of note:

• Dynamic sizing, will change based on your screen. Mobile is now viable where before it was eye rape.
    • News is now automated via RSS
    • Latest article is gone. It was a waste of space and time consuming.
    • The 6 tables of info with small text are now one set of 3 tabs with normal text. The items were also revisted, reordered, and some links added.
    • Colors were improved. Bye Bye crimson!
    • Ongoing and Upcoming events was revamped, and now counts down to the minute before it starts or ends. Since it works automatically in PDT/PST, the time before or remaining is universal.

I still haven't gotten around to finishing the massive user page project I started awhile ago, but one day.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Went and applied some "quick" display changes to the 1-119 guide.

Forgot how horribly I coded it. While it is still sorta bad, it is much better, and will at least display well on phones and smaller screens now. I probably won't go back to it for awhile now outside of adding or enhancing actual info in it. No sense in going nuts formatting a whole guide paste this change.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

All job guides are now transcluded to the bottom of the job pages instead of merely being a link to their section of the job guide page.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

All Ambuscade Cape pages now include their augments.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The Avatar category page now has a table explaining the proc system in the Avatar Prime ★ HTBFs.

This has been put on all the avatar prime pages. Those pages are also now updated with the resistances of the avatars for the particular prime fights.

Hey spicy, some of the categories show old updates. If you go to the missions page, it has "July update" instead of sept for example. coalitions as well, areas

http://i65.tinypic.com/1zgbaxw.png

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sirious View Post
    Hey spicy, some of the categories show old updates. If you go to the missions page, it has "July update" instead of sept for example. coalitions as well, areas

http://i65.tinypic.com/1zgbaxw.png
    Are you logged in?

Clear your cache too.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I don't have a bgwiki account to sign in to, just letting you know it still shows july for some of the categories. It's not computer specific, I see it on all of them (with cache/history cleared)

Seekers subsection; missions/quests/coalitions/skirmish show July couple more do too

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast