Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 (PC/PS4/XB1/STD)

We’re thrilled to announce that we are working on Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, and that development will be led by Massive Entertainment in collaboration with Ubisoft Reflections, Red Storm Entertainment, Ubisoft Annecy, Ubisoft Shanghai and Ubisoft Bucharest. The Division 2 will be powered by an updated version of the Snowdrop engine that enables us to realize our ambitions for the sequel, but more importantly, we’re also taking everything we learned over the past two years and applying it towards the sequel to make sure we get it right.

On behalf of all the teams at Ubisoft, we thank you for the support you’ve given us over the past two years, and we hope that our continued work will earn that support for many years to come. We can’t wait to show you what we have in store for The Division 2 at E3 2018 in June. See you then!”

Julian Gerighty - Creative Director, Massive Entertainment
    https://news.ubisoft.com/article/an-...the-division-2

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

With how much better the game got after all the adjustment patches and add ons I'm excited to see if them pull it off and show Destiny how to make a sequel.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    With how much better the game got after all the adjustment patches and add ons I'm excited to see if them pull it off and show Destiny how to make a sequel.
    Same, I'm really looking forward to this. I really liked the first and I'm looking to get back into the first again

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

NOPE. Not even going to consider purchasing this after the steaming pile of shit Ubisoft spoon fed us. Not a chance in fucking hell.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    NOPE. Not even going to consider purchasing this after the steaming pile of shit Ubisoft spoon fed us. Not a chance in fucking hell.
    I think you and Dan were the reason I stuck with it as long as I did. There were plenty of times that the game worked well and things just felt really epic while still being semi-realistic. But there were far more times that shit just fell apart, ranging from terrible health scaling requiring multiple clips into someone's face or just the terrible PvP balancing. Stat bloat was a major problem too. I still have vague memories of us holding out on some high rise in the dark zone sniping people as they came at us and Dan grenading himself or something. I remember he killed himself somehow and it went all downhill from there.

I enjoyed it well enough to keep an eye on it as it nears release, but it definitely doesn't warrant a pre-order or anything. I think it's like most games anymore, if you've got friends that'll be playing, it'll be good for some solid fun.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

All aboard the hype train

Choo choo mother fuckers

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Not available in your country (US)

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Videos finally worked. looks awesome. love the new setting. really enjoyed the 1st, i'll probably day 1 this

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

sold

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Hate to say it but, ... sold.

I hope they learnt from the first and release a lot of good content at release and don't strip all that they have built in division now. Please don't copy the destiny 2 pattern.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

sold but please don't ever do fake ass cringy voice comms ever again.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If they show Destiny 2 how a sequel is made, I'll probably buy it even though I never played the first one. If they pull a Destiny 2, pass like I did on the first.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    sold but please don't ever do fake ass cringy voice comms ever again.
    I had to mute it, its. Awful. When will the learn.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Never. I will say the lack of regenerating HP is interesting to say the least.

Also blowing off bits of the big guy's armor off.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Signed up for Beta. wonder when it starts

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

Years later and they can't even solve the PC disconnect errors in their first game. Doesn't bode well for this one.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Intrinsic View Post
    Years later and they can't even solve the PC disconnect errors in their first game. Doesn't bode well for this one.
    From what I gathered, they pretty much gave up on the first one after year one content and the last extra patch. There were a lot of issues with the game at a baseline that they weren't able to (or just weren't willing) correct easily. They got it to a playable state then threw it into maintenance mode to focus on the sequel along with support from various other studios. I dunno if it was hyperbole but I recall them revealing on some stream that it was the largest development crew ever assigned to a Ubisoft game.

I'm vaguely hyped. I signed up for the beta to give it a shot. From what they showed, the environments seem like they'll be at least changed up a bit. That was a big complaint with the first since it was more or less just city block after city block. I think this change goes hand in hand with the tonal and story change that's coming with this; it takes place 6 months after the virus, rather than a few weeks. Things have become overgrown, areas are collapsing under lack of maintenance and the assumed destruction around them. New York had a lot of craziness in it with heaps of bodies, fires, etc, but the city itself was largely intact which lent itself to being bland after the initial "wow" factor.

My only real concern with what they revealed is the story direction. Part of the draw of the first one was being in the midst of an outbreak that took a majority of the population with it. But with it taking place 6 months after, we may as well be in a near post apocalyptic setting, which has been done to death. I'm curious how different it'll really be. I'm also wondering how the story will be presented. It was easy in the first to set it up, Dark Zone failed, things are going to shit, the Division called in it's 2nd string agents. But 6 months later, what's the story to be told? You'd think things would either be under control at that point, or it's all fallen to shit and there is no structure or agency left.

Game play looks like more of the same which isn't really a bad thing. I'm glad to see explosive weapons and potentially environmental destruction in play. I personally enjoyed the game play of the first, they just needed to tighten up skills to not be so powerful (1 shot builds, ult stacking), mindless OP builds (throw seekers/high powered med station and gg), fix healing and armor scaling, and tighten up the net code so PvP wasn't such a clown show. Can't really tell anything from that game play segment concerning those, though armor appears to be a secondary life bar rather than damage reduction, and ultimates seem to be missing. Both good changes I think. You do see one of the characters, Megan, fill her armor and health back up to full within a second though it happened off screen after she got freed from the foam root thing. Hopefully whatever that was is on an extremely tight leash.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Spoiler: show
    In the gameplay footage there were signs indicating it was black friday so I'm guessing a redux of the story or its a different place but same time

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast