Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    If you are saying you are willing to go test breath damage resistances, perhaps using Conflag Strike since you seem fixated upon it, then please stay and contribute. :D If you don't have anything meaningful to input, please go away and stay gone.

Data collation/sorting threads should be treated as drama-free zones by default, so kindly stop.
    The one causing drama is the one spewing false claims that "no one uses breaths". What's more useful, someone giving an accurate useage of breath attacks to incenticize testing it, or someone going "no one ever uses breaths who cares let's not bother because I said so, I am everyone"

Pray tell, which one is more constructive? He's demonstrated an active bias against SMN so he's the one with the agenda here.

Breath attacks are part of the game mechanics whether he likes them or not. I was simply stating facts that there is no data on breaths. Replying with "no one uses breaths" is a complete waste of time and a lie. When I gave a perfectly good example of a common and effectively used breath attack, he once again wasted time defensively repeating "no one uses breaths" to dismiss the idea of the entire point of this forum which is providing information and testing on game mechanics. If he doesn't want to test it that's fine but can't make a blanket claim that "no one" uses them just because it doesn't fit his SMN hate boner.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by jacobs67 View Post
    The one causing drama is the one spewing false claims that "no one uses breaths". What's more useful, someone giving an accurate useage of breath attacks to incenticize testing it, or someone going "no one ever uses breaths who cares let's not bother because I said so, I am everyone"

Pray tell, which one is more constructive? He's demonstrated an active bias against SMN so he's the one with the agenda here.

Breath attacks are part of the game mechanics whether he likes them or not. I was simply stating facts that there is no data on breaths. Replying with "no one uses breaths" is a complete waste of time and a lie. When I gave a perfectly good example of a common and effectively used breath attack, he once again wasted time defensively repeating "no one uses breaths" to dismiss the idea of the entire point of this forum which is providing information and testing on game mechanics. If he doesn't want to test it that's fine but can't make a blanket claim that "no one" uses them just because it doesn't fit his SMN hate boner.
    Reading too into it and forming characterizations over something trivial.

I'd suggest dropping your emotional hang-up here rather than being butthurtingly serious.

Like that made up word? Look at me spreading misinformation, lol.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    Reading too into it and forming characterizations over something trivial.

I'd suggest dropping your emotional hang-up here rather than being butthurtingly serious.

Like that made up word? Look at me spreading misinformation, lol.

Says the one bringing up ancient Dasva drama in your post to provoke a response. Seems you're the butthurt one

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Says the one bringing up ancient Dasva drama in your post to provoke a response. Seems you're the butthurt one
    Why is the only recourse to ignore you? It wasn't ancient, it happened in this thread..

Quit being such a baby, ffs.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Why is the only recourse to ignore you? It wasn't ancient, it happened in this thread..

Quit being such a baby, ffs.

Didn't your mother ever teach you "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"?

The fact remains what I said about breaths is true. It's okay if you don't like me but don't attack my post because you have a personal vendetta with me. Just ignore me like your mother should have taught you and move on with your day and try to reconcile with that fact that you're not infallible. Adding the informaton about breaths wasn't a personal attack on you like you thought it was, it was an addendum to add complete information but you felt the need to try to one-up in a battle you can't even win because you have no ground to stand on. So next time unless your post is "Thank you Jacobs for the clarification! I forgot about Conflagration Strike being a breath attack" don't bother replying at all.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Didn't your mother ever teach you "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"?

The fact remains what I said about breaths is true. It's okay if you don't like me but don't attack my post because you have a personal vendetta with me. Just ignore me like your mother should have taught you and move on with your day and try to reconcile with that fact that you're not infallible. Adding the informaton about breaths wasn't a personal attack on you like you thought it was, it was an addendum to add complete information but you felt the need to try to one-up in a battle you can't even win because you have no ground to stand on. So next time unless your post is "Thank you Jacobs for the clarification! I forgot about Conflagration Strike being a breath attack" don't bother replying at all.
    Sticks and stones may break my bones, but Jacobs67 will always be very full of theirself.

I didn't forget it was a breath attack.

No one uses breath attacks.

And once again at any rate just to reiterate. If such information was published I'd add it to mob pages. Considering I kept breaths in the reistance section of the template through the redesign.

Think about that for a second.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Can’t say I’ve ever seen any SMN I’ve been near use Conflag Strike. Including myself. Yay burn and INT down for a whole minute!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aja View Post
    Can’t say I’ve ever seen any SMN I’ve been near use Conflag Strike. Including myself. Yay burn and INT down for a whole minute!
    Maybe the SMN you're with suck?

The damage is almost the same as 5/5 Meteor Strike, but with an additional effect that is useful for all magic damage. Apogee Conflag -> Meteor Strike will produce more damage than Meteor -> Meteor (with the added benefit of the DoT, and contributing to any other nuker's accuracy/damage)

Magic blood pacts are the most under-utilized and powerful attacks in the game. Just because you run with gimpy physical conduit SMN from Asura doesn't mean you know what you're talking about sorry.

A very relevant use of endgame conflag strike is Zerde magic burst method for example. Burn it before the skillchains starts (It's -63 INT which is much stronger than BLM's burn even with relic+3 boots) then burst with Meteor Strike. It'll enhance everyone else's damage/accuracy (other SMN, BLMs, etc.) along with lowering its own magic accuracy/nuke damage and stun resistance as well. That's just one small scenario for the appropriate application of Conflag strike. Sorry your SMN aren't up to par because they don't even have magic pact sets.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Maybe the SMN you're with suck?

The damage is almost the same as 5/5 Meteor Strike, but with an additional effect that is useful for all magic damage. Apogee Conflag -> Meteor Strike will produce more damage than Meteor -> Meteor (with the added benefit of the DoT, and contributing to any other nuker's accuracy/damage)

Magic blood pacts are the most under-utilized and powerful attacks in the game. Just because you run with gimpy physical conduit SMN from Asura doesn't mean you know what you're talking about sorry.

A very relevant use of endgame conflag strike is Zerde magic burst method for example. Burn it before the skillchains starts (It's -63 INT which is much stronger than BLM's burn even with relic+3 boots) then burst with Meteor Strike. It'll enhance everyone else's damage/accuracy (other SMN, BLMs, etc.) along with lowering its own magic accuracy/nuke damage and stun resistance as well. That's just one small scenario for the appropriate application of Conflag strike. Sorry your SMN aren't up to par because they don't even have magic pact sets.
    The relevancy of Conflag matters not at all to the subject of this thread. The JP's have not reported test results and/or have not bothered testing, which is all that matters here. If you are not reporting valid mob-specific test results, kindly STFU. You are helping to bury my spreadsheets.

Please take your soapbox somewhere else. >_<;;

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

The relevancy of Conflag matters not at all to the subject of this thread. The JP's have not reported test results and/or have not bothered testing, which is all that matters here. If you are not reporting valid mob-specific test results, kindly STFU. You are helping to bury my spreadsheets.

Please take your soapbox somewhere else. >_<;;
    You seem to not understand the point. People are saying breaths don't matter because "no one" uses them which isn't true. The entire point of this thread is reporting data about damage/elemental resistance. It's incredibly dumb logic. It's like saying "No one nukes with Earth LOL, just delete it from the spreadsheet because I said so!"

Me: Hmm there doesn't seem to be any data about earth elemental resistance

Them: NO ONE USES EARTH LMAO

See how ridiculous that sounds?

The only proper response would have been "Good point, the JP haven't tested that out yet and added it to their site" not "NO ONE CARES LMAO" like some immature dolt.

If we're going to start splitting hairs based on relevancy, go ahead and delete h2h/blunt resistance since no one plays MNK. I don't care what anyone's opinion on breath or earth element or any other damage type is: The data should be tested and it should be there. Giving excuses is wasting everyone's time

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You seem to not understand the point. People are saying breaths don't matter because "no one" uses them which isn't true. The entire point of this thread is reporting data about damage/elemental resistance. It's incredibly dumb logic. It's like saying "No one nukes with Earth LOL, just delete it from the spreadsheet because I said so!"

Me: Hmm there doesn't seem to be any data about earth elemental resistance

Them: NO ONE USES EARTH LMAO

See how ridiculous that sounds?

The only proper response would have been "Good point, the JP haven't tested that out yet and added it to their site" not "NO ONE CARES LMAO" like some immature dolt.

If we're going to start splitting hairs based on relevancy, go ahead and delete h2h/blunt resistance since no one plays MNK. I don't care what anyone's opinion on breath or earth element or any other damage type is: The data should be tested and it should be there. Giving excuses is wasting everyone's time
    Shut the fuck up already.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Shut the fuck up already.
    Read your forum title and take your own advice.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Read your forum title and take your own advice.
    Thanks, but I am not the one now making a strawman equating earth damage to breath damage, saying this has something to do with an alleged personal bias towards a job you like a lot apparently, and acting like I would ever want information deleted "because I said so".

You are being a real whiny cunt at this point, and I was more than accommodating in the first few posts of this exchange as I always will be for improving the wiki. Then played along facetiously with your tirade here while eventually pointing out that I kept breath damage in the resistance redesign (so why would I not care about it?), but stop it already. Add something of value or let it go, Elsa-the-snowflake. You are bitching to no end, and it has gone on for two pages so drop it as no one but you cares over this apparently super serious affront to your honor here.
    Go get some cranberry juice and chocolate, take a deep breath, and perhaps provide us some testing we can publish or buzz off. I can't add "statues taek leik -90% BDT guiz, really importantz" to the wiki for obvious reasons.

EDIT: Not only 2 pages, but 3 days or something at this point.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Thanks, but I am not the one now making a strawman equating earth damage to breath damage, saying this has something to do with an alleged personal bias towards a job you like a lot apparently, and acting like I would ever want information deleted "because I said so".

You are being a real whiny cunt at this point, and I was more than accommodating in the first few posts of this exchange as I always will be for improving the wiki. Then played along facetiously with your tirade here while eventually pointing out that I kept breath damage in the resistance redesign (so why would I not care about it?), but stop it already. Add something of value or let it go, Elsa-the-snowflake. You are bitching to no end, and it has gone on for two pages so drop it as no one but you cares over this apparently super serious affront to your honor here.
    Go get some cranberry juice and chocolate, take a deep breath, and perhaps provide us some testing we can publish or buzz off. I can't add "statues taek leik -90% BDT guiz, really importantz" to the wiki for obvious reasons.

EDIT: Not only 2 pages, but 3 days or something at this point.
    Wow you seem extremely upset. It's just a damage type calm down, what did breaths ever do to you?

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Lol ffxi 2018, never change bg. Never change

On an aside, the proverbial "no one" does infact NOT use breath dmg moves. AND EVERYTHING STILL DIES AND VOLTE STILL DOESNT DROP.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Wow you seem extremely upset. It's just a damage type calm down, what did breaths ever do to you?
    They couldn't do anything to me because nobody uses them.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Not that I know of and/or remember.
    Darn. Sorry for really slow response. Rl and my new addiction to ffbe has kept me from ffxi ing too much lol. And was trying to get more concrete testing for what led me to the question. The basic gist of it is found a monster move that completely ruled as being effected by dt but not pdt, bdt, or mdt which has been suspected to exist for awhile with Martel's Caturae testing but don't think was proven 100% and most the games history has assumed that to not be the case.

With all this testing on elemental resistances, it should be noted that Diabolos's Night Terror completely bypasses SDT and deals full damage to enemies with high darkness SDT (even 5%) even though it does darkness damage. So it's not unprecedented for certain other abilities (whether player/enemy) to be programmed to do so
    I'll have to check it out eventually (fucking rl man lol) but there are weird niche cases mostly scene in debuffs but where something can count as a certain element but resist for another (iirc sometimes even none). Or how 1k needles isn't resistable. But haven't heard of a move changing based on difficulty level

So um was there anything important in that breath talk. I don't feel like going thru it

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Darn. Sorry for really slow response. Rl and my new addiction to ffbe has kept me from ffxi ing too much lol. And was trying to get more concrete testing for what led me to the question. The basic gist of it is found a monster move that completely ruled as being effected by dt but not pdt, bdt, or mdt which has been suspected to exist for awhile with Martel's Caturae testing but don't think was proven 100% and most the games history has assumed that to not be the case.

I'll have to check it out eventually (fucking rl man lol) but there are weird niche cases mostly scene in debuffs but where something can count as a certain element but resist for another (iirc sometimes even none). Or how 1k needles isn't resistable. But haven't heard of a move changing based on difficulty level

So um was there anything important in that breath talk. I don't feel like going thru it
    I actually went and tested it and Night Terror does identical damage to all 8 elementals, but it magic bursts off of Compression/Gravitation/Darkness and the damage is also increased by Darksday/Dark weather. So it doesn't check resist for any element at all, probably ignores SDT altogether and goes off of base magic evasion alone or something. It's always been an extremely accurate magic attack

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Is it even resistable? Testing against my full meva run with a pocket geo giving vex/attunement and no resists at all. Probably just ignores all resistance related checks like 1k needles

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I've seen it get resisted before on very high level targets with no macc buffs. Not very often but it happens