Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast
    The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Should clarify it won’t speak with older. Till we moved to office 365 we were on exchange 2007 which office 2016 wouldn’t even acknowledge.
    Ah, then I follow, thanks.

In the early planning stages of moving us to Office 365/intune with the whole kaboodle. I have a team of techs that will help me with the Azure AD /AD FS etc. and security part since we manage a lot of sensitive information so the compliance rules are crazy strict with MFA, certificates and the whole caboodle with GDPR, so I'm not superworried there, but I am not looking forwards to building up the Office 365 intranet/sharepoint/teams/yammer/bookings etc. caboodle alone for a 200 people + company, including getting old data out from our existing systems. This seemed like a good idea when I first conceived the idea, and I will probably think it's brilliant when I'm done. But right now I have more dread than tingles.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

So simple stuff, company want to use a CRM. But that is 99% independant of the actual company, aka all it will use from Company data is the Email. They wanna use SalesNow CRM which is a cloud based CRM.

They want me to build the whole account and manage everything.

I told them no as it is not IT's reponsability to deal with the CRM (I'll gladly deal wit hthe Email part as they want it to connect to the companies email, but nothing more.)

What is your opinion on this

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

CRM is 100% not your responsibility outside of implementation. Should be handled by sales operations or whoever runs their backend. Sales is always the focus of CRM shit anyway.

Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    I told them no as it is not IT's reponsability to deal with the CRM
    If you're stuck in the same situation as me and they don't give a fuck that it's none of your business ask for paid formations, higher budget for the team and a raise to deal with CRM shit.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ragns View Post
    If you're stuck in the same situation as me and they don't give a fuck that it's none of your business ask for paid formations, higher budget for the team and a raise to deal with CRM shit.
    Yeah no that sentence doesn't work.

Boss sent an email asking me to take care of it with that sentence

"Don't say that CRM is not IT stuff, as this company is like a familly we don't have 'departments' well we do but everyone helps others so you have to do the same, if i ask this guy to do the Lawn he will not say well i'm a sales manager, since we are a 'familly' he will go do it'

Can't use the I have too much work excuse either, as I'm alone for 45 employess.

The only excuse I can really use is the fact that the servers made by the old IT were so shit that I pass almost all my day fixing errors instead of being proactive

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

"Don't say that CRM is not IT stuff, as this company is like a familly we don't have 'departments' well we do but everyone helps others so you have to do the same, if i ask this guy to do the Lawn he will not say well i'm a sales manager, since we are a 'familly' he will go do it'
    This is infuriating.

BG Level

Now i see why the boss is mad, his kid sent him a private email saying that me and the controler has been putting stick in their wheels for 4 months now

While i got no info about their CRM since Febuary

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I had sympathy until you got to the "alone for 45 employees" part xD try 230!
    No matter where you go, you're probably always going to be running around fixing crap due to being undermanned and underfunded

They don't care, they expect us all to be Scotty.

The shit of it all, whether it's IT or not, sooner or later there will be technical challenges, and they will expect you to be ready to deal with it. You might as well be in the loop.

Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Yeah no that sentence doesn't work.

Boss sent an email asking me to take care of it with that sentence

Can't use the I have too much work excuse either, as I'm alone for 45 employess.

The only excuse I can really use is the fact that the servers made by the old IT were so shit that I pass almost all my day fixing errors instead of being proactive
    I guess the other alternative is to bullshit to your boss that you have the actual knowledge to handle this. Doing this means you'll be accountable once shit hit the fan. If your boss refuses any kind of training for you that will be his problem.

This is how I was able to get Sage and Salesforce certifications and you have no ideas how this increases your demandability on the job market.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

+1 for those certs.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

converting first order logic to cnf when you have a negation on the outside of like six nested parenthetical clauses

KILL. ME. NOW.

if anyone is good with logic stuff, I would absolutely love it I could get some help checking my work. shot in the dark, I know. but if you're really bored and could help a brother out... lmk! when you have this many layers of bullshit it's just like, no matter how good you are with logic you start to second guess yourself.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I started posting on stack overflow and damn, the karma people are brutal. Every one of my first 3 questions have been rated down. what the hell.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Office administrator broke our email server.

We're relaunching a website and I'm pretty sure she just logged into GoDaddy and swapped a bunch of settings around without asking.

I don't have the GoDaddy login info and she's out of contact.

What a way to end the day without email for 4 hours.

I hope she gets fucking fired.

Why the fuck does someone that doesn't know what they are doing have that kind of access? Two people should be losing their jobs.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Yabby View Post
    Why the fuck does someone that doesn't know what they are doing have that kind of access? Two people should be losing their jobs.
    We have no formal IT. Shit is fucking casual around here.

I'm in the clear because I fixed everything within 30 minutes but she's rightfully catching HELL from her boss.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

She transferred the control of our website from one GoDaddy account to another without saying anything.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Please say they fired her ass for that.

Also on the subject of stupidity, this morning we had a ton of automated processes fail because they couldn't connect to the database servers. Upon investigation the system admins found out that someone disabled the client account which is used to run all these processes. In that time frame 3 critical jobs failed about 10 others.

The access some people shouldn't have...

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Sadly, we're too small and in too important of a spot to fire anyone right now. She'll probably eat it down the line.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

She's going to be eat her bosses dick you mean.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    She transferred the control of our website from one GoDaddy account to another without saying anything.
    We (I) struggle a shitload with stuff like this.

Poor organizational routines and lack of funding for tech sees a massive shadow IT.

Our marketing department is terrible here, they have external consultants on PR register domains left and right for assorted projects, and have no clue what they're doing, and no reporting/registration systems, so I randomly find out that we have domain xyz registered with registrar ABC, usually with whatever PR company did the job for us at the time, and no one bothered to transfer the domain to our control. This turns into a major pita when the people registered as responsible with that pr company often don't even work there anymore and I only find out when accounting isn't sure where an invoice is supposed to go and "it looked tech'y" so they just sent it to me because they can't be arsed to figure it out.

Every now and then the tlds require signatures etc. motherf... I am tired of explaining to the CEO/VPs why I need them to sign the x'th domain transfer document.

I recently cancelled a set of phone lines. I got the invoice with a "what's this really?" from accounting, I didn't have any clue, so I googled it. Turns out we had facilities at a building like 5 years before I even began working for the company. So We'd been paying for at least 15 years for phone lines on a site we werent' even at. fml.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag