+ Reply to Thread
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

FFRK - Clad In Red (Type-0) Event & Strategies

I can't say this enough: If you have not played Type-0 go do yourself a favor and find the PS4 HD version and enjoy it as you should.

It is easily the best game to emerge from the mess that was Fabula Nova Crystallis, and aside from that it's the best written FF title since Tactics. The soundtrack is amazing to boot - "The Beginning of the End" is top 10 FF song material.

Spoiler: show

"You say we're lapdogs for the crystal. But I'd say you make a much better pet for Cid." - King
    "I need Trey to stop saying such unpleasant things all the time." - Cinque

Cinque's naive and childish personality combined with her unpredictable actions can repel those outside of Class Zero. She is friends with Deuce and Cater as they are of similar age. Cinque has an acute sixth sense that allows her to sense danger. She likes to give people nicknames, like she calls Ace "Acey," Machina "Machy," Rem "Remski," and Mog "Moglin." Cinque has absolute trust Class Zero's adoptive mother Arecia Al-Rashia, who raised them, and trusts her judgment. Knowing that Mother believes in her gives Cinque the reason to keep going. Despite looking and acting like an innocent girl, Cinque shows her intention to kill during missions.

A young man of few words, King prefers to take action rather than waste time exchanging ideas. Even in matters of life and death, he maintains his composure, making rational decisions and acting upon them immediately. Some view his reticence as "cool," but others misconstrue him as cold and aloof. In actuality, he's quite thoughtful. Unfortunately however, his kindness doesn't always come across as clearly as he thinks it does.

Event Start Date: May 10
    Event Bonus Battle: May 3
    Event End Date: May 20

All information is taken from a mixture of Reddit/Spreadsheets and my own obviously expert analysis.

Much info for the event comes from this thread and its related links: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKee...vv&sh=d1fdeb1c

Though the information provided is used as a guideline and not always taken directly from the thread. When necessary, additional thoughts on Cid Missions and battle strategies are added.

Notable Rewards:

Clear out some ability inventory...because here comes the Heavy rush. We did get the Heavy abilities available early because of KH, but this event will give us the original introductory copies.

the following characters get buffed to Heavy 5*:
    Garland
    Wol
    Guy
    Decil
    Leo
    Cloud
    Angeal
    Ward
    Zeid
    Gabranth
    Gladiolus
    Meliadoul
    Cinque
    Wrieg
    Viking
    Berserker
    Tyro

De'Dia - White Magic 5*: 3x ST White Magic holy attacks with a 25% chance for a 10% imperil-holy.
    (Holy/White/Non)

Goddess' Paean - Bard 5*: Mind version of the other Bard boosting skills.
    (Earth/White/Holy)

Grand Charge - Heavy 5*: 4x ST earth/dark damage. Heavy Charge +1.
    (Power/Earth/Dark)

Gigant Swing - Heavy 5*: 3-8x st earth physical damage, hits scale with Heavy Charge count. Removes all Heavy Charges after use.
    (Power/Fire/Earth)

Blast Burn - Heavy 5*: 1-6 AoE physical earth, hits scale with Heavy Charge count. Removes Heavy Charge after use.
    (Power/Non/Earth)

Heavy Charge - 4* Heavy: 1x st physical damage. Heavy Charge +1.
    (Power/Fire/Earth)

Moogle Plushie - Accessory 5*: Atk+20, Def+15.

New Characters Acquired:
    King:
    Cinque

Dress Spheres Acquired:
    This moment shall come as thou welcome it.

Old Characters Acquired:
    Ace
    Nine
    Rem
    Machina
    Queen

New Memory Crystals:
    King MC1/MC2/MC3
    Cinque MC1/MC2/MC3

Old Memory Crystals
    Ace MC1
    Nine MC1/MC2
    Rem MC1/MC2
    Machina MC1/MC2
    Queen MC1/MC2

New Record Materia:

King:
    • Deal slightly more physical damage when a gun is equipped.
    • Restore 1 Machinist ability at the start of battle.
    • 'Attack' has a small chance to become 'Spark Offering'.

Cinque:
    • Small chance to turn 'Attack' into Heavy Swing.
    • Deal moderately more earth damage.
    • Deal much more damage with Heavy class abilities.

New Record Dive
    King: Gun3%, Machinist 9%
    Cinque: Hammer 3%, Heavy 9%

New Legend Materia
    King:
    • Small gun damage Up.
    • start battle with Haste and IC3.

Cinque:
    • Small hammer damage up.
    • High chance to gain an addition Heavy Charge when using Heavy abilities.

Cid Missions
    • Beat '凶++' with a party consisting of only Type-0 synergy characters that included King.

Relics

A lot of the last banner's good stuff is here between both banners - especially Rem and Machina.

Though also consider how strong Cinque is as a character, and King gives the other Machinists a good run for their money with his set-up.

The middle stuff (Ace, specifically) is good for general use and great in realm, but probably better off going with other units for higher content.

Again, consider if you have the resources to spend here before doing so. The next fest is a good one and only ~5 weeks away. That said, Cinque becomes an overflow damage monster with the next Heavy ability, King can imperil the ever living F out of you while adding to damage, and Rem is a white magic casting monster.

Ace's armor on B1 is a +fire, while King/Cinque/Rem's new weapons all have +element.
    Machina's armor on B2 is an earth boost, and Queen's armor is +lightning.

Ultra EX/Chase Type Glossary:
    Rules of thumb:
    1. Stat buffs from the EX mode have a unique ID and will stack with everything.
    2. Many USB’s come with a built in class damage boost. These are separate from the iteration class boosts and do stack.
    3. EX modes last 15 seconds, while buffs provided by the USB entry last 25 seconds. (Terra is an exception, with her EX Mode lasting 25 seconds).

Special Effects:
    • General Boost: These can be anything specifically tied to the EX Mode - HP Stock, Crit Fix, Cast Speed, Ability Boost, Stat buffs, and even Break Damage Limit. This will stack with every other buff on the user, including other EX Modes.
    • Rank Boost: This provides a damage boost scaling with the rank of the ability used. The boost starts out at ~5% for R1 increasing to ~30% for R5+.
    • Chase: Follow up attack(s) triggered by using abilities of a specific element or school while under the EX Mode. The number of these chase attacks can be random, reliant on the rank of the ability used (Rank Chase) or status of the user (Status Chase).
    • Cycle: Unit receives a quickcast or instacast charge when using abilities tied to a specific element or school – generally meant to be used in repetition for maximum effect.
    • Build Up: A gradient damage boost toward a specific ability school based on the number of ability uses from the start of the battle to when the EX mode is applied. This buff is not tied to EX mode duration, and will persist whenever the EX mode is active.
    • Wind Up: Generally applying to Summoners, this will provide additional damage based on the sum total of all type (class or element) damage done during EX mode when the mode expires. The unique aspect of this is that a recast of the USB will count toward the exit damage of the previous EX mode.
    • Phantom Cast: This effect will auto cast an attack every few second at a set rate independent of the character. The number of attacks or potency is not reliant on any outside factors (Haste, Slow, QC) and will generally produce 4 actions per EX Mode.
    • Cheer: This will grant a party wide effect after using a triggering ability. For example, Marche will triple the cast speed of every front row party member (himself included) for 1 turn after he uses a Knight ability.
    • Ability Double: This will guarantee that an ability will cast 2 times per use at the cost of 2 hones. The first cast can trigger appropriate W-Cast materia for a total of 3 hits, but the additional hits will not generate SB gauge.

Banner 1:

King enters with his USB: 12x ST hits of lightning/non damage, Atk/Def boost, en-lightning, and Machinist ability double. Oddly, it is not ranged damage but his gun ability fixes that.

His BSB is your near standard Machinist BSB. The same 12x ST lightning/non damage on entry and en-lightning. The commands share Machinist school, with C1 offering 4x ST lightning/fire damage and +1 hits when targeting a weakness while C2 is a ST lightning/fire with with Machinist CT0 x2.

Surprisingly, his SSB is a rare case of being good even in this age with an instant 6x AoE lightning/non attack and imperil-lightning.

Everyone favorite spectrum autist delivers on her archetype as a slow but powerful hammer berserker. Her USB is 10x of earth/wind damage with en-earth, a Heavy Rank Boost, and Heavy Charge boost - granting her 2 Heavy Charges instead of 1.

Her BSB entry is a slightly less interesting 6x AoE earth/non hit also with en-earth. Her commands share the Heavy school, with C1 granting 3x St earth/non hits with a Heavy boost x3 and C2 a hefty 1x ST hit of earth/non with Armor Breakdown.

Her SSB is a little less amazing than Kings; 6x AoE earth/non with pentabreak.

Rem gains a weakness boost OSB dealing holy/non damage. Her USB and BSB return here for character completion.

Ace's BSB rounds out B1.

Banner 2:

Nine gains a USB; dealing 10x ST win/non jump damage. He takes an imperil route instead of the other Dragoons, but does get a self Atk/Def boost, and chases Dragoon abilities with 'Wild Lance' - 1x ST wind/non ranged damage with a moderate chance at applying imperil-wind. His BSB finishes up his available options.

Machina gains a buildup OSB based on Spellblade use that carries an initial 1050% earth/dark overflow hit. His BSB and SSB pop up here too.

Queen also brings a new OSB, bringing Aranea's familiar lightning/dark damage with a boost for hitting a weakness. Her BSB is here too.

Returning Items:
    Deuce: BSB

Legend Materias:
    • Banner 1 - Cinque: Begin battle with en-earth.
    • Banner 1 - King: Begin battle with en-lightning.
    • Banner 1 - Ace: Begin battle with en-fire.
    • Banner 1 - Rem: High chance to chase holy element abilities with 'Saint Fire'*.

*Saint Fire - 1x Holy/Fire/Non White Magic damage.

• Banner 2 - Queen: Small chance to doublecast lightning element abilities.
    • Banner 2 - Machina: Begin battle with en-earth.
    • Banner 2 - Nine: Low chance to minor imperil-wind when using Jump attacks.
    • Banner 2 - Deuce: Increase buff duration a small amount.
    • Banner 2 - Rem: Mnd buildup. Based on White Magic abilities used.

Relic Discussion
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKee...1v&sh=253fe2b0

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

With the addition of Apoc ++, I am going to shift this back to true Bonus Battles that arrive with the 2nd banner.

The 99-140 difficulty fights should be easily done with an AOSB RW or are easily managed with a decent lvl.80 party.

Ultimate + Apocalypse Battles
    Lesser Coeurls
    凶Lesser Coeurls
    HP: 280,000
    Target Score:
    • Exploit a Lesser Coeurls weakness to fire attacks.

Weak: Fire
    Absorb: None
    Resist: None
    Null: None
    Status Vulnerabilities: None

Notes: Actually, a very easy Ultimate fight as its seems to be the same one from Ace/Deuce/Nine's intro event. You face 3 waves of 3 coeurls for 9 total. Each wave spawns as a unit instead of 1 by one.

Mixed mitigation, but lean more toward the magical reduction (and maybe a Dancer) since the last wave will open with an AoE lightning attack.

The coeurls themselves are not very dangerous.

Vajra +
    凶Vajra
    HP: ???
    Target Score:
    • Defeat Anavatapta Warmech with at least 2 characters not KO'ed.

Weak: Lightning
    Absorbs: None
    Resists: Omni (except Lightning)
    Vulnerabilities: None

Notes: Entirely a physical fight.

The only element you need to be concerned with is lightning, so you can go that route for accessories. He does have a gravity attack but it is auto-hit and KO resist won't be any help.

Cid Mission: You need to bring King, so egg him to at least 80 and pack on those lightning machinist skills.

Dainsleif(Apoc +)
    滅Dainsleif
    HP: 500,000
    Target Score:
    • Defeat Dainsleif with 3 or more heroes not KO'ed.

Resist: None

Notes: 100% Physical as well.

You can go for straight damage here. No elements to worry about and the gravity based attacks are auto-hit. Additionally, Dainsleif does have attacks that pierce physical blink so load up on the physical mitigation.

Be wary of Last Stand use, as D-izzle can afflict you with sap. All the physical hits are ranged too, so back row units won't benefit much and thats even more reason to stack the -atk effects.

Jump Start Notes: No changes from the A+ version.

Orience Greg (Perhaps the True Greg?)(Apoc ++)
    滅Greg
    HP: 700,000
    Target Score:
    • Defeat Greg with 2 or more heroes not KO'ed.

Resist: Fire. Ice, Lightning, Earth, Wind

Notes: Enter the Orience Void and tussle with the Great One himself. Herself? Herselves who fight like himselves?

100% Physical as well.

He does have a counter that procs quite often and can inflict Confuse, so consider that when slotting accessories and abilities (like Ultra Cure over Curada).

Keeping true to Type-0, we have a breaksight fight that isn't annoying like Shinryu as the breaksight is hit by simply attacking Greg. The trick here is that timing of attacks becomes important. Without a breaksight active, Greg reduces all damage by ~97%. When it is active, you need to deal 20k damage to him within one of his turn to stun him and gain a larger window where you can do damage. The sights appear every 2nd turn when above 70% HP and every 3 turns when lower than 70%.

Unlike other times when a new difficulty is introduced, this is not a terrible overtuned fight like Bahamut SIN. Just be patient and wait to unload on the breaksights.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

This reminds me I need to finish Type-0 lol. I've probably started the game three times since I got it on PC, every time getting a bit futher but then I drop it because I keep getting distracted by other games :X
    Anyway... banner hype! Please no 1/11 this time..

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    This reminds me I need to finish Type-0 lol. I've probably started the game three times since I got it on PC, every time getting a bit futher but then I drop it because I keep getting distracted by other games :X
    I hope my FF2 luck strikes again, cause a 1/11 on this banner will suck.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    One RPG at a time until you finish it. Stay loyal to your hoes, and stop polygamy.

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

It's hardly worth the monogamy imo. The combat's fun enough I guess, but there's not much else there.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

still mad about those pulls...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Athas View Post
    It's hardly worth the monogamy imo. The combat's fun enough I guess, but there's not much else there.
    That's unfortunate. I bought this several months ago during a PS4 sale for like 10 bucks, but havn't even started it yet - until this weeks FFRK event.

I hate it so far, but I'm only on Chapter 2.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Sumy View Post
    That's unfortunate. I bought this several months ago during a PS4 sale for like 10 bucks, but havn't even started it yet - until this weeks FFRK event.

I hate it so far, but I'm only on Chapter 2.
    It gets WAY better once you get more into the story, the plot also gets way darker too. My advice (learned hard way), is to play with every character and find one that you are comfortable with and use it.

Hated the game with Ace, was OKish with Machina, had WAY more fun when I started playing with King and Eight.

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

The story only gets more nonsensical the more you get into it. It had the same problem FF13 had in that a lot of critical plot points are buried in the data logs - your supposed to weave exposition into the narrative, not hand the players a glossary.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Athas View Post
    The story only gets more nonsensical the more you get into it. It had the same problem FF13 had in that a lot of critical plot points are buried in the data logs - your supposed to weave exposition into the narrative, not hand the players a glossary.
    ..yeah, this is what most of the reviews are saying - probably will put it on the back-burner again.

RE: FFRK though - I think for the first time ever, the Jumpstart was more difficult than the battle it was based off - wasn't prepared for that that double-blast opening. That did a lot of damage.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Yeah, I had to restart the jumpstart once because I decided I didn't need to heal after the aoes (I did). Had a nice chunk of HP too.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Doing MP shinryu: okay guys, save your cooldowns for breaksights, dont just blow them all randomly ... guys? Guys????

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by hyoton View Post
    Doing MP shinryu: okay guys, save your cooldowns for breaksights, dont just blow them all randomly ... guys? Guys????
    With MP lag it's better to use it before and hope it lands on breaksight

Relic Shield
    BG Level

But it can’t unless its aoe! It will autotarget the lower hp%, which will be shinryu.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by hyoton View Post
    But it can’t unless its aoe! It will autotarget the lower hp%, which will be shinryu.
    lots of good AOE SB

Relic Shield
    BG Level

But that’s what I’m telling you was a terrible idea...It really doesn’t work that well lol

EDIT since off phone: I can see summons or aoe skills being okay ish, but cannibalize is random later on - at least it didn't seem to be on a pattern and previous version was random after phase 1. May as well use instant/powerchain or just SB after you get it down (although my team basically killed it without breaksights, which was something all right).