Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I fooled myself thinking they were introducing new expansion with that infamous announcement, which was just downsizing XI staff. Never again.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

So I can log in for free for a couple weeks? Or do I gotta enter payment information?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Starts today, ends 28th. Just log in if you have XI still installed

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rehn View Post
    Starts today, ends 28th. Just log in if you have XI still installed
    Cool. Not sure what I'll do, if anything, but cool!

Relic Shield
    BG Level

yeah i dont see anything about a mobile version, i just see em talking about ffxi specifically...

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    omg if thry make a new expansion with new jobs ill need to come back!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
    Granted a new expansion (proper one) is seriously unlikely but, I guess, not completely impossible.
    But even if it were to happen I doubt they would be adding new jobs, think they would focus more on new features, new stuff for the current ones and so on.

A mini-expansion like Abyssea is... a bit more likely, while still extremely unlikely, but who knows, could happen.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Rehn View Post
    I fooled myself thinking they were introducing new expansion with that infamous announcement, which was just downsizing XI staff. Never again.
    Haha, I remember this!

Myself and all of my friends were speculating for days about the big news! "It has to be an expansion! What else could it be!" boy were we wrong.

A gigantic waste of space
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Maurauc Baelfyr
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/05/16...fline-version/
    Final Fantasy XI Developers On The Possibilities Of A PS4 Port Or An Offline Version

Square Enix’s first MMORPG Final Fantasy XI has been back on the radar after new screenshots of its smartphone reboot recently surfaced, but what about a PS4 port or an offline version? Producer Akihiko Matsui and director Yoji Fujito had some interesting things to share in an interview in this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine. [Thanks, Hachima.]

Here are some highlights:

Now that they’re only managing the PC version, the team size has shrunk. The remaining staff felt that the world of Vana’diel would die if they didn’t continue working on it.

As for future content updates, the Final Fantasy XI team wants to wisely use what they have and work on content that hasn’t been played recently or places that haven’t been visited in a while, and make them more lively.

Since the development cost for MMORPGs is higher than what most people expect, they wanted to make it clear that they will not turn to crowdfunding.

There are many voices of those who want an offline version of Final Fantasy XI; however, moving Final Fantasy XI to modern hardware would require building and repairing technologies from scratch, and doing so for the sheer volume of the game would be costly.

As for an HD remaster version, it’s an issue about development environment. Since Final Fantasy XI’s content is still being developed using materials for PS2, making the data to construct Vana’diel for current generation consoles would require making development tools from scratch. It’s also a very unique format so they can’t make a simple port by importing the data to the development tools, even with existing resources.

There are plans to add more to the story. The team currently has members studying cutscene tools, so they might be able to start adding new story soon.

The team’s current plan is to bolster Final Fantasy XI’s existing content.

It is easier said than done to “simply increase damage output” for job adjustments. They basically can’t take requests that don’t have any tradeoff elements of some kind. The developers say that it makes things a lot easier to work on when they receive proper feedback on the forums.

There are plans to expand on endgame content and Master Trials. Square Enix plans to share more later, and hope they’ll be able to talk about it soon.

There are currently no plans to expand on Omens and Esutcheons.

Campaign
    BG Level

Offline versiooooooooooooooon <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander
    WoW Realm
    Doomhammer

It's really funny to me they have no one left on staff that understands the cutscene tools.

Promising info though. Glad they are putting effort into new content.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Tanag View Post
    It's really funny to me they have no one left on staff that understands the cutscene tools.

Promising info though. Glad they are putting effort into new content.

I don't think it is necessarily that they don't understand the tools, i think that they are trying to develop them without the ps2 dev kit.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I'm honestly kinda shocked they actually have plans for more story content. I kinda assumed it was over after RoV and the small ygnas directive RoE quests.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

So there are several small plot holes that I wish they tied up. For example, the fact that there no Dragoons or Dragons at all in all of Seekers of Adoulin.

So there's this Freelancer NPC from Wings of the Goddess named Achtelle. She's a Dragoon from Adoulin. The NPC that tells you information on Freelancers says this about her:

Achtelle is a young Elvaan wyverness from Adoulin Isle to the west, the proud keeper-weepers of the last of the dragoon tradition. The draketamers there herald her as the most skilled of their order.
    What's a drake/draketamer? Seekers of Adoulin is over and we have never seen or heard about drakes nor draketamers in any quest/mission at all.

Achtelle says this herself:
    Are you ... a dragoon!? That is a most welcome relief. I had come to ascertain for myself whether or not there are still those to carry on the ways of our kind."
    I go by the name Achtelle. I hail from Adoulin Isle. Word has reached there that the dragoons and their wyverns have long since disappeared from these eastern lands. Tell me, is it true?"
    From Achtelle's surprised reaction to there not being any Dragons in the Middle Lands, one could surmise that there are some in Adoulin. Besides Sajj'aka, we've seen not one thus far.

Besides Sajj'aka, not a single Dragon/Wyrm/Wyvern/Puk seen and not a single 'draketamer' exists in Adoulin'. The only Dragoon mentioned was Hennetiel, who lived hundreds of years prior to Achtelle. Flavira is the decendent of Hennetial so perhaps she's a Dragoon, going by her Trust.

Mount Kamhir is the zone where Sajj'aka lives and honestly would have been a cool place for a zone full of Dragons with Light weather constantly(light weather due to it's high lattitude and altitude for auroras and Sajjaka being a holy dragon. A zone with plentiful dragons and common light weather would have served to be an interestingly stark contrast to Ra'Kaznar which is a dark based zone filled with Demons(dragons' mortal enemies according to the Beast Strength Charts). Since every zone has a theme/element (Kamhir=Ice/Beasts; Moh Gates/Morimar= Fire/Lizards; Ceizak=Wind/Vermin; Marjami=Thunder/Birds, Yorcia=Earth/Plantoids; Foret=Water/Aquans; Ra' Kaznar=Dark/Demons, Mount Kamhir would have been a perfect place for a Light/Dragons zone. Such a wasted opportunity imo.

When I asked the dev team on the OF, I got this response:

Camate
    Community Rep
    Camate's Avatar Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Curious questions indeed!

We'll talk to the team and see if we can get some information for you.

Even though the Seekers of Adoulin missions are over we'll be adding various quests in the version updates to come that will explore more of the Adoulin lore. I can't say for certain, but perhaps some of your questions will be answered after completing them.
    I’ve returned from my mission to secure lore information! I did my best to get what I could out of the Lore Team...

First, in regards to the question about draketamers. Its seems that each order of the Twelve Orders has some type of an animal-related alias. As it happens, those from the Order of Thurandaut call themselves “draketamers”. The NPC Flaviria is the current heir of the Order of Thurandaut. The team mentioned that there might just be a quest that goes into more detail about the draketamers in the future.
    I quit FFXI in 2014 and I don't know if this was ever resolved during a quest, but I'm dying to know! But also Flavira tames Raptors, which aren't fucking drakes!

I also would love if they released additional job lore quests, the AF quests were some of my favorites in the game.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devposts:
    Skipping a couple that are explaining the new screenshot campaign.

JP1) Someone asked about the "Daken+x" on the various versions of Mochizuki Chainmail. Answer is that it increases proc rate directly. If something has "+1", then it is applied as "+1%".

JP2) Weekly devpost summary. Nothing new.

JP3) Summary for the Freshly Picked 39 broadcast. Good things to know that I missed, botched or didn't catch enough to be comfortable reporting:

* Policy for Ambuscade going forward: V1 will be repeats. This is to allow them to reallocate resources towards developing new content.
    ** Some of things mentioned here are: expanding on Dynamis-Divergence (sounds like they're referencing the previously announced new weapons, says from "highest level at present time", so high chance of mats dropping from zone bosses IMO,) Master Trials, and they considering further upgrades to REM weapons.
    ** This will also reduce the learning curve each month, so players can get straight to farming points instead of spending time figuring them out.
    ** V2 will still be new content.

* There will be some new graphic cosmetic equipment released this summer.

* The blue Blurred spear that people found is actually in current development, and seems to be an experiment/attempt at creating new visuals by the dev team. "We are planning a lot of new equipment. Please expect it."

* The cosmetic sword/shield from Return to Delkfutt Tower II/HTB is scheduled to be turned on June 1st.

* There is a special broadcast on Famitsu Channel May 19th. I have no idea where to find this to watch. OK, found a link for it, but looks like it's a paid/premium thing, so I won't be watching. :(

* They went over bot countermeasures starting at 41:33. I'm guessing to reassure those who frequently see/report bots that something will be done about them. This section may be worth going back over by someone actually fluent.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    I quit FFXI in 2014 and I don't know if this was ever resolved during a quest, but I'm dying to know! But also Flavira tames Raptors, which aren't fucking drakes!

I also would love if they released additional job lore quests, the AF quests were some of my favorites in the game.
    Flaviria is a dragoon, so she's got to have a wyvern. Just because dragoons aren't mentioned in lore doesn't mean they don't exist over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    * The blue Blurred spear that people found is actually in current development, and seems to be an experiment/attempt at creating new visuals by the dev team. "We are planning a lot of new equipment. Please expect it."
    Called that

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    * They went over bot countermeasures starting at 41:33. I'm guessing to reassure those who frequently see/report bots that something will be done about them. This section may be worth going back over by someone actually fluent.
    RutRoh Fun time might be over, wave incoming? then 3 years of jack and shit?

I need to know how much popcorn to buy, gogo translation.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devpost:

NA1) English translation of the FP39 summary. Few things to call out to clarify my earlier post:

Development resources that were used for Intense Ambuscades will be used to expand upon Dynamis-Divergence and Master Trials.

We are considering adding weapons to Dynamis-Divergence that are as powerful as the strongest weapons currently available, as well as further upgrading Relic/Mythic/Empyrean weapons.
    So they were actually saying two different statements here, not referring to the weapons as the expansion to Divergence..
    Anyone else wondering if they're going to use Northlands zones for the expected Empyrean armor +2/+3? lol Sounds like the Div weapons are going to outclass any non-REMA out there, which makes me even more fearful of the price tags and difficulty of obtaining mats.

Also, regarding the addition of the lockstyle gear exchange that was requested by one of our community rep, we have received the specifications from the Community Team. It should be ready by this summer. The equipment will have brand new model, so please look forward to it.
    This is actually more unclear to me than what was in the Japanese summary. No clue what "lockstyle exchange" refers to. :/ Backup translation requested for the actual video.

* Still find it amusing that the devs themselves apparently think that 500,000 capacity points equals 50 job points. ^^;;
    This mistake was not a fault in my translation! yay!

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Official source, but not from POL:

Just watched the Famitsu special broadcast that I mentioned. My trans notes are in another thread over here.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devpost:

JP1/NA1) Seems that they've added Adoulinian style wedding vows to the wedding system.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Vitally important.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag