Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 90 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast
    New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Is there a tier list for jobs in terms of group play and solo/duo play?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So now that all the Dynamis zones and Relic+3s exist, and as far as I see the Escutcheon line is also fully implemented, Im thinking of coming back for them.

My mains were Bst, Smn, Pld, Dnc, all 119 geared to Ambuscade tier and I left when Omen first came out, since it looked like one of those "Ill come back in a year when its been fine tuned" kind of things. Which it looks like it has been now.

How much of the Neo Dynamis and Omen can I solo with decently geared jobs? Pld has an Ochain if that matters.

I also have a Geo alt and Whm second alt I could pull out if needed for trio boxing as well.

Where would I be sitting in terms of capability with that kind of outfit?

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Veikuri View Post
    Is there a tier list for jobs in terms of group play and solo/duo play?
    No, solo jobs dont exist anymore, people use Trusts. The most you could argue for one is "DRK kills faster than WHM" sort of stuff.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I mean, Id still call a job that can solo content with trusts a Solo job.

I wouldnt say every job can solo end game with trusts. In fact I'd only say a small amount of them can.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

You can solo farm Omen Cards with any decent DPS job. I find it pretty fun to be honest.

Omen bosses require some more coordination. Very hardcore BLUs solo some but its more group content.

Neo Dynamis you can solo some, but its much more fun in a group. Solo feels like a waste of time.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by urat View Post
    I mean, Id still call a job that can solo content with trusts a Solo job.

I wouldnt say every job can solo end game with trusts. In fact I'd only say a small amount of them can.
    Any job with decent DPS. Certainly most jobs fill this criteria.

Otherwise we'd still all be singing the praises of BST or even PUP or DRG for solo play.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I tried doing Unity NMs around 117 or 119 and would get destroyed trying to use War, Thf, or Bst. But then again it's probably me being terrible. Stupid KA NM beat my ass down constantly.

I'll probably come back during the free time to fart around on Blu. I don't think I have the tenacity to play at a high level.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    I tried doing Unity NMs around 117 or 119 and would get destroyed trying to use War, Thf, or Bst. But then again it's probably me being terrible. Stupid KA NM beat my ass down constantly.

I'll probably come back during the free time to fart around on Blu. I don't think I have the tenacity to play at a high level.
    That crab is deadly to veterans too. It is a matter of surviving the onslaught of attacks to then simply erase it from existence with a skillchain during HF. So yeah, debuffs, buffs, DT, etc are needed as it pinches your face off when it 1Hs. Bad example as other ones like the fly in Valkurn are much easier

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    That crab is deadly to veterans too. It is a matter of surviving the onslaught of attacks to then simply erase it from existence with a skillchain during HF. So yeah, debuffs, buffs, DT, etc are needed as it pinches your face off when it 1Hs. Bad example as other ones like the fly in Valkurn are much easier
    On the other hand, it's a cakewalk when duoed with a solid sc+mb setup. It's not that hard to make at least one friend who can kill things with you. ^^ I've had great success w/ BST+BLM dboxing, and BST can be replaced by SCH and/or BLM replaced by SMN if needed.

I feel like there is too much emphasis on "solo play" sometimes when this is an MMO and no live server has a population of 1.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Most servers have a population of 1+N with N being the number of JP players. You can shout for hours and never get a reply depending on when you're on, even if there are other NA playing because they're either busy or don't care about w/e you're shouting for. But yeah, sure.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

decided to come back and see all the new features last time I was around, the cap was 75 @.@, but I hear its more friendly xp with trusts. Anyone still on Slyph

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

If I ever return on a somewhat regular basis I'd def move servers to where BG people are so I'd have people to do things with. I only chose Odin because my name was available.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Hitou View Post
    Most servers have a population of 1+N with N being the number of JP players. You can shout for hours and never get a reply depending on when you're on, even if there are other NA playing because they're either busy or don't care about w/e you're shouting for. But yeah, sure.
    Only server is Asura as far as I am concerned.

This is the server merge, everyone chose one server.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Odin is putting up a healthy fight against that, but yeah don't sit on a dead server. Pick between Odin an Asura, maybe make an alt on the server and fuck around and see if you can dig the community or not.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

This is an out there question but I just can't remember. Back during 75 cap and sch comes out, did it replace /whm for rdm (only at 75 cap)? with composure + light arts for healing during events/exp?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

IIRC correctly, for EXP yes, until Addendum:White became a thing, and /sch could be used for other things.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I recall it being debated and situational. Where /WHM only didn't get Stona for status cures, /SCH didn't get Erase, which was a bit less niche. Curaga/II may also have been useful, depending. People definitely recognized the merit of it and used it, but it wasn't a wholesale replacement.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

FaceDesk linkshell is once again able to open it's doors for new membership! \o/

I've been working on a second linkshell to move our event members to. And yes, this ragtag bunch of returnees and newbies who couldn't even open the Gobbiebox have been doing things like Omen and Dyna recently. Successfully! XD We've been hovering around 50-60 members online almost 'round the clock, which was why I had to close membership earlier. We had 58 online tonight at 1am today...

The new linkshell (FaceDeskToo) is now up and running, and the membership move is going smoothly so far, which means that we already have room once again in FaceDesk for those who are looking for a helping hand! :D If you are interested in joining us, send a tell to Nyarlko and/or Cthuuko in-game. ^^

What did they do to Boost?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

They noticed it was useless so they made it uselesser

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video